Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Combine 2024

2 hours ago, Solid84 said:

So, DL and LB measurements and on-field drills today. When do they start?

@NFLfan Posted this link in another topic

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-draft-combine-2024-schedule-192330050.html

Looks like 3 p.m. E.T. I always forget that a few years back they changed the workout times to later in the day. When I was younger they used to start early in the morning. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

@NFLfan Posted this link in another topic

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-draft-combine-2024-schedule-192330050.html

Looks like 3 p.m. E.T. I always forget that a few years back they changed the workout times to later in the day. When I was younger they used to start early in the morning. 

Will you be following it? I may watch it this weekend. I want to see the QBs. The Vikes are in desperate need of a QB of the future. We need a RB  and DL too.

Enjoy it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Will you be following it? I may watch it this weekend. I want to see the QBs. The Vikes are in desperate need of a QB of the future. We need a RB  and DL too.

Enjoy it.

I will, but I’ll only really be paying attention to WRs and DBs, since that’s where the Colts are likely to strike at early. Theres a couple and edges and DE that may pique my interest today as Build-A-Ballard guys, so I’ll be refreshing Twitter a bit today.

• Like 2

This man MOVES!

Just now, stitches said:

Fiske will have like... 9.99 RAS.... potential day 2 pick for Ballard. 

He’s definitely testing himself into the 2nd round at this point. Reportedly he was very impressive in the open interviews as well. 

• Like 2

Since Braden Fiske is in the spotlight, here is his quick analysis from NFL Draft Buzz:

SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS
Quick off the snap in the pass rush, Fiske has violent hands and a good feel for working inside counter moves.
Fiske has heavy hands and uses them aggressively, rocking offensive linemen back. He shows the ability to disengage and out-grapple blockers in a phone booth.
He has an excellent feel for working off blockers and knowing how and when to counter as the play goes on.
Combines strength and footwork to fill holes inside, as well. Recovers from cut blocks or falling on his way to make a tackle.
Flashes quick hands to slap away blocks, but too oft~n gets caught in the hand-fighting at the line rather than quickly disengaging.
A high-motor pass rusher with good quickness, Fiske has a compact but wide frame and long arms.

SCOUTING REPORT: WEAKNESSES
Plays upright and struggles with leverage. Too often stonewalled at the line and doesn't show the hand strength or technique to shed or redirect blockers.
Misses tackles, even when Fiske gets his hands on the ballcarrier. Needs to improve hand placement and technique.
Fiske is a bit underpowered, often playing too high and struggling to hold the point of attack against double teams.

• Like 3