Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is There Any Way the Colts Don't...

3 hours ago, IndyEV said:

Im kind of wondering, if his reported lis franc injury could maybe drop his draft stock to the Colts maybe in the 2nd round!? Kinda doubt it, but it could scare a few teams away!

If he can workout at his pro day, probably not.

13 minutes ago, Superman said:

If he can workout at his pro day, probably not.

Did you hear about Arnold? Seems like they are saying he had a hamstring injury at the combine and he's expected to run the 40 again at his pro-day. I usually hate those reruns at pro day after not great scores at the combine. I want it all to be standardized and for all the players to be in the same conditions when they test so those test would be more meaningful. I guess if he really was not 100% at the combine, it would be interesting to see his numbers at the Alabama pro day(March 20). 

22 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If it is not a pass rusher, Bowers or Brian Thomas Jr. is how I think it is going to play out. For a D that doesn't rely on man CBs to lock down their players most of the time, Ballard has waited till Round 2 consistently to get his CB, from Rock Ya Sin to JuJu Brents (if we ignore Quincy Wilson for Pagano's system in Round 2 in 2017).

That is why I have it narrowed down to - Bowers, Pass Rusher or Brian Thomas Jr. based on the system of our D, Ballard's history and recent emphasis on getting a boost in the explosiveness category, for pick 15. Last year was the first time Ballard got a QB in Round 1, this year will be the first time he probably gets a skill position player in Round 1, IMO.

The only round 1 edge rusher I can see Ballard targeting is Verse. I think he goes edge round 2 or 3. Get your explosive skill position guy in round 1. There’s some day 2 guys I like but many of them are high floor low ceiling guys like Alec Smith. BTJ has a good floor and a higher ceiling than Pittman, Pierce, and Downs. Bowers is a TE but he’d be the best receiver on the team day 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Did you hear about Arnold? Seems like they are saying he had a hamstring injury at the combine and he's expected to run the 40 again at his pro-day. I usually hate those reruns at pro day after not great scores at the combine. I want it all to be standardized and for all the players to be in the same conditions when they test so those test would be more meaningful. I guess if he really was not 100% at the combine, it would be interesting to see his numbers at the Alabama pro day(March 20). 

They interviewed him at the combine. He had his own microphone and when asked a question he talked for what seemed like 5 minutes. He was so cool telling his story, where he been, where he was at, and what you were getting. I have never been more impressed by young man. He is a pillar as a human, and will be a great teammate. 

He said he wasn't satisfied with his 40, hadn't had the time with 40 coaching like most had been doing, but would be doing that.

He offered nothing regarding his health.

We would be very fortunate to have him.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, stitches said:

I hadn't heard that. Didn't he do all the field work after he ran his 40? Seems weird that now there's an unknown hamstring issue... If he shaves off a tenth of a second at the pro day, I'll be skeptical. But if he runs 4.46 or something, it's not a big deal to me. 

Like you said, I prefer the standardized conditions at the Combine. But more and more players are splitting up their testing between the Combine and pro days, if they test at all. I don't fault them for trying to control their situation, but it makes it harder to have reliable and comparable data. 

• Like 1

I'm starting to think about trading down in the 1st and targeting a different WR, like Worthy.  Then, with two 2nd rounders, you can pick up Max Melton and a DT (Fiske or Orhorhoro).  

If there's anything to the talk about Sneed, I think what we do with the 15th depends a lot on what we have to give up to get him.

If it's going to cost us a 2nd I feel pretty confident we trade down in the 1st round.