Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Daniel Jeremiah's Top 50 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

Jeremiah released his first of the year top 50 big board for the draft. Here it is:

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-50-2024-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-1-0

Some notes from me:

- Caleb and MHJ no. 1 and 2 prospects for him.

- Rome Odunze is no. 3!!!!!

- Maye and Daniels both in top 5 

- Terrion Arnold CB1 - no. 6

- Joe Alt OT1 - no.9

- Dallas Turner EDGE1 - no. 10

- Taliese Fuaga pretty high too - no. 11, OT2... this is second big time pundit that puts Fuaga much higher than most others this week... 

- Quinyon Mitchell - in the top 20, again... second big time pundit who puts him as his CB2. 

- TONS of OTs at the top of his rankings - SEVEN OTs in the top 20!!! This is insane! I don't think I've ever seen anything like that. Zierlein was similar with 7 projected top 32 picks. 

- Edgerrin Cooper - LB1.. .I think this is the first one I've seen him this high. 

- Byron Murphy DT1 at no. 22. 

- Bo Nix and JJ McCarthy both in his top 30. 

- Devontez Walker in the top 30... this is kind of shocking when you consider his performance at the Senior Bowl. 

- Darius Robinson - no. 32... 

- Kool-aid McKinstry - no. 36, I think this is the lowest I've seen him

- Malachi Corley - no. 50.. the highest I've seen him I think... 

- 10 WRs in the top 50... 7 EDGEs in the top 50, 7 CBs in the to 50... 

• Thanks 2

I think that's low for Kool-Aid and I wouldn't even take Tez Walker in the 2nd so this is waaay too high for me.

Robinson had a great Senior Bowl, so I'm not surpised to see him climb into the 1st.

It's funny, before the Senior Bowl Byron Murphy was a 2nd rounder on all boards I saw and now, without even being at the Senior Bowl, he's climbed into the 1st on a few boards.

Laiatu Latu at 21 is the lowest I've seen him I think. DE3 here which is surprising to me.

Cooper DeJean at 29 is also the lowest I've seen him.

Have not seen Junior Colson this high (45) either.

T'Vondre Sweat sitting perfect at 48 for the Colts. 😄

4 hours ago, Solid84 said:

I think that's low for Kool-Aid and I wouldn't even take Tez Walker in the 2nd so this is waaay too high for me.

Robinson had a great Senior Bowl, so I'm not surpised to see him climb into the 1st.

It's funny, before the Senior Bowl Byron Murphy was a 2nd rounder on all boards I saw and now, without even being at the Senior Bowl, he's climbed into the 1st on a few boards.

Laiatu Latu at 21 is the lowest I've seen him I think. DE3 here which is surprising to me.

Cooper DeJean at 29 is also the lowest I've seen him.

Have not seen Junior Colson this high (45) either.

T'Vondre Sweat sitting perfect at 48 for the Colts. 😄

Tez figured more a third rounder maybe it was his blazing speed moving him up.

DeJean is so versatile plug-play athlete anywhere from pick 6-15.  Doubt he drops to the end of the first round.

Colson I actually have moved him up to round 2 around the Colts pick.  See how he does at the combine.  Does have that Colts type reach pick we’ve been known for and one of the few linebackers in this draft class actually worth drafting.  2025 LB draft class is weak from what I was seeing.  

Love to see the Colts add Saint’s SLB in FA Zack Baun and Bills WLB Tyrel Dodson to compete with EJ Speed.  Seem far better options than drafting a linebacker this season or next. 

8 hours ago, OhioColt said:

Tez figured more a third rounder maybe it was his blazing speed moving him up.

DeJean is so versatile plug-play athlete anywhere from pick 6-15.  Doubt he drops to the end of the first round.

Colson I actually have moved him up to round 2 around the Colts pick.  See how he does at the combine.  Does have that Colts type reach pick we’ve been known for and one of the few linebackers in this draft class actually worth drafting.  2025 LB draft class is weak from what I was seeing.  

Love to see the Colts add Saint’s SLB in FA Zack Baun and Bills WLB Tyrel Dodson to compete with EJ Speed.  Seem far better options than drafting a linebacker this season or next. 

I see quiet a few LBs in the middle rounds worth taking this year, the majority need the Franklin/ Speed route and need developed. Cooper is the only one I'd say is ready right away to make an impact. Cedric Grey looks to be a solid. Payton Wilson is versatile but his medical checkups will say alot about where he goes in the draft. Ulofoshio, Ford, and Liufau all have traits worth developing.

I havnt been impressed with much of anything looking forward to 2025. That really might end up being a weak class all around.

Interesting note in his write up on Bowers, which is something I noted in another topic:

“Bowers is an undersized tight end with elite speed, strength and playmaking ability. He lined up all over the field at Georgia -- in-line, on the wing, split out and even at running back. He is very sudden in his release, and he uses his upper-body strength to chuck defenders when pressed at the line of scrimmage. He catches a lot of quick-hitters in the flat and he’s a maniac on screens. He attacks the ball in the air and is quick to transition up the field. He has the speed to pull away, but his greatest asset is his tackle-breaking power. He runs through contact without gearing down. He is an effective run blocker when he can get his hands on opponents, but he will get pressed out by longer-armed edge rushers. Overall, Bowers reminds me a lot of George Kittle, and I see him having a similar impact in the NFL.”

A few places have mentioned Bowers’ size. He’s not the big hulking 6’4” TE that a lot of people are accustomed to seeing. He’s probably around 6’3” and closer to 230 currently than 240. But Kittle is also only 6’3” so that comp matches, but Kittle was also 247 at the Combine. 

Also I’m right with DJ on McKinstry. Something that he mentioned that I saw as well was how he got beat up repeatedly by A.D. Mitchell. Long speed is a big question mark for him.