Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Playoff football this weekend (Divisional Round)

Arodgers12

Who are you pulling for?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Texans @ Ravens

2. 2. Packers @ 49ers

3. 3. Bucs @ Lions

4. 4. Chiefs @ Bills

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Texans shouldn't feel too bad. They went from playing for #1 draft pick last year to Divisional round this year. Big turnaround and they have a bright future. Very few teams matched up against the Ravens this year. (How did the Colt manage to beat the Ravens?)

Congratulations to the Ravens!

Can you believe the Colts actually beat 4 playoff teams this year?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ArmchairQB said:

Can you believe the Colts actually beat 4 playoff teams this year?  

47 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

afc south cant compete with the good teams

I’ve noticed you like to laugh off opinions without defending your own.  I’ll take it to mean you can’t. 

This was my lock of the week. It was even worse than what I thought it would be. On our Playoff contest thread, I had Ravens winning by 7-10, Thinking they would win by 10. Had it not been for a Punt return, this would have been even a bigger blowout.

Stroud 19-33/175 Yards/0 TD's/Offense accounted for 3 points, he only had 9 yards rushing as well. Stroud will win ROY, he deserves it but he isn't a great QB yet, he is good - big difference. The media was hyping him up like he was the best QB remaining in the playoffs, there for a while it was a Stroud lovefest. I am still convinced had we had Richardson we would have beat them. Their weakness is, they can't stop the run. Taylor ran all over them and imagine had we had AR and Taylor, Lamar was running wild.

Lamar Jackson proved he was elite today when you factor in his rushing yards to go with his passing yards. I picked the Ravens vs Lions before the season started to be in the SB with Ravens winning it all. I am on way there. The Chiefs are the elephant in the room because they have Mahomes, but the Ravens have the QB and defense to beat the Chiefs as long as they play a clean game. 

Interesting fact:

Only 4 QB's have made an AFC Championship Game from the AFC South over the past 20 seasons. (2004-2023),

1. Peyton 2006, 2009, Colts went on to win the Conference both years and won the SB in 2006.

2. Andrew Luck 2014, Colts lost to the eventual SB Champion Patriots.

3. Blake Bortles 2017, Jags lost to the Patriots, Patriots lost in the SB.

4. Ryan Tannehill 2019, Titans lost to the eventual SB Champion Chiefs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This was my lock of the week. It was even worse than what I thought it would be. On our Playoff contest thread, I had Ravens winning by 7-10, Thinking they would win by 10. Had it not been for a Punt return, this would have been even a bigger blowout.

Stroud 19-33/175 Yards/0 TD's/Offense accounted for 3 points, he only had 9 yards rushing as well. Stroud will win ROY, he deserves it but he isn't a great QB yet, he is good - big difference. The media was hyping him up like he was the best QB remaining in the playoffs, there for a while it was a Stroud lovefest. I am still convinced had we had Richardson we would have beat them. Their weakness is, they can't stop the run. Taylor ran all over them and imagine had we had AR and Taylor, Lamar was running wild.

Lamar Jackson proved he was elite today when you factor in his rushing yards to go with his passing yards. I picked the Ravens vs Lions before the season started to be in the SB with Ravens winning it all. I am on way there. The Chiefs are the elephant in the room because they have Mahomes, but the Ravens have the QB and defense to beat the Chiefs as long as they play a clean game. 

Interesting fact:

Only 4 QB's have made an AFC Championship Game from the AFC South over the past 20 seasons. (2004-2023),

1. Peyton 2006, 2009, Colts went on to win the Conference both years and won the SB in 2006.

The NFL finds a new player to overhype every year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Interesting fact:

Congrats. You were very high on Lamar Jackson when most people were not last year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ArmchairQB said:

I’ve noticed you like to laugh off opinions without defending your own.  I’ll take it to mean you can’t. 

No, he can't.   He switched to being a Jags fan mid season and then they missed the playoffs.   :lol:

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes, as I mentioned in my post above. I hope GB wins so the Lions can get 3 home games.

That is the only reason why I want GB to win today. However, it will be a difficult task today.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JoeyBlueSkies said:

After decades of misery, I like to think we're entertaining to watch and easy to root for.

I’m definitely rooting for you guys this post season.  Love watching how exciting the vibe is in Detroit right now.  Been a long time you deserve it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What happened? I'm in the street. I'm going to visit my mother before the real feel temps reach below zero.

Tell her I said hi. I have to go into work here in a while. It is going to be a steamy -5 tonight with a windshield of -20. I may wear a pair of shorts and tee-shirt, haven't decided yet Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tell her I said hi. I have to go into work here in a while. It is going to be a steamy -5 tonight with a windshield of -20. I may wear a pair of shorts and tee-shirt, haven't decided yet Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV

Where abouts do you live?  I'm in northern Indiana and it's an actual warm 21 right now.   It was -5 this morning

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Where abouts do you live?  I'm in northern Indiana and it's an actual warm 21 right now.   It was -5 this morning

I live in Speedway, Indianapolis. Right now it is showing 10, 0 with the wind. It says it is supposed to get down to -5 on the Fox 59 website. The warm up starts tomorrow, it is supposed to get up to 23, then Mon-Fri in the 40's and 30's but rain.  

I live in Speedway, Indianapolis. Right now it is showing 10, 0 with the wind. It says it is supposed to get down to -5 on the Fox 59 website. The warm up starts tomorrow, it is supposed to get up to 23, then Mon-Fri in the 40's and 30's but rain.  

I'm from brownsburg.   Spent a lot of time on speedway in my youth.  Crazy it's warmer up here than down there

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ArmchairQB said:

I think Jordan Love is proving to be a better QB than Stroud this year. Dude is really balling out and as a Chicago native it is a bit sickening the way they continue to replace great QB’s with great QB’s

There is something to be said about not throwing every qb to the wolves in their rookie season.   It's almost like coaches know when the time is right

• Like 1

Just now, jvan1973 said:

There is something to be said about not throwing every qb to the wolves in their rookie season.   It's almost like coaches know when the time is right

Agreed.  Hoping AR will be a bit better for sitting as well 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ArmchairQB said:

I think Jordan Love is proving to be a better QB than Stroud this year. Dude is really balling out and as a Chicago native it is a bit sickening the way they continue to replace great QB’s with great QB’s

I don’t think it’s fair to compare. Love might be starting for first time but this is his 4th year.

I agree, normally north it is colder, and you get more snow. It snowed here around 3 inches Thursday night. How much did you get?

We got about 3 inches last night.   We got about 5 inches earlier in the week with stupid cold Temps.  Not too bad really.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, normally north it is colder, and you get more snow. It snowed here around 3 inches Thursday night. How much did you get?

I’m near Morgantown, we got just over 3, my sister in Laporte, got over 24 inches 

• Like 1