Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

South Bend Bears?🫤

IndyEV

1 hour ago, IndyEV said:

https://fox59.com/indiana-news/lawmaker-wants-to-entice-chicago-bears-to-move-to-indiana/amp/

Don’t see this happening, but if it does they better not be using my tax $$$ on a new stadium for the Bears! Though I wouldn’t blame them for wanting out of Chi-town!

That’s the most silly thing I’ve ever seen…and that lawmaker should be kicked out of the state for wanting to bring in another team to

Indiana… Colts are the only team Indiana needs!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Moe said:

I personally like soldier field and the location, hope they don’t move it.

Same, but if they do move, it will be to Arlington Heights, definitely not in Indiana.

There is better chance Chicago gets a 2nd team, before Indiana gets a 2nd team.   EDIT: a lot better chance, 1 could happen, 2nd isn't ever happening 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Des Moines Bears has a good feel to it. If you build it, they will come... :) 

200 thousand people live in Des Moines .  3 million in the entire state.   I don't see that happening.   The Bears aren't leaving Chicago 

If a team was to move, why would they choose indiana? No insult to anyone in Indiana but aren't there other markets more lucrative to  a NFL team? ......and we know the NFL is all about making the most money they can. 

Anyway, I don't know squat about the region so just wondering outloud. Lol 

On 1/18/2024 at 3:17 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

If a team was to move, why would they choose indiana? No insult to anyone in Indiana but aren't there other markets more lucrative to  a NFL team? ......and we know the NFL is all about making the most money they can. 

Anyway, I don't know squat about the region so just wondering outloud. Lol 

Chicago runs into northwestern Indiana. This wouldn't be a move per say. They would still be the Chicago Bears, but the stadium would be in Indiana. It's unlikely to happen, but would give revenue to Indiana's economy.

Personally - I don't see that happening UNLESS a new state-of-the-art retractable roof stadium is built for the Bears.

One economic point should be made about this possibility - Indiana is one of the top states in attracting businesses - and - has a favorable business tax climate.