Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do we try to win in 2024?

RunTheBall

23 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

I wanted levis. Man he looked good today too.

I wanted Levis, but my excuse is I’m a Penn St Fan, and Will played there before transferring to Ky.

I believe we’d have been 5-2 before yesterday , with either Levis or a healthy AR.  But we have AR, and he has shown great Learning of the passing game in limited time.  Steichen can coach him like he did Hurts, and I believe we’ll be just fine with him.

Before these last 3 games I thought we’d be replacing Gardner next year- that he’d move somewhere to be a starter. After the last 3 games with all his turnovers, I have to believe GM will want to stay with Steichen, even tho it means being a career Backup. The Stache would make more mistakes away from his Mentor, and he knows it-  IMO…

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes….   The Colts try to win.   No tanking.   Not even what I called a semi-tank job this year.    The Colts try to win.   Period.  

Full stop. 

I’m almost 70. Been a Colts fan as long as I can remember.  I always want wins!  But before the season started I believed this year they’d be lucky to win ONE game. They’ve won three- have a decent chance to win another three. So I’m ecstatic.  Finish the year, hopefully get KJ Hamler healthy and playing- draft a fantastic WR and a few CBs, and let’s GO!!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Firing Ballard does nothing but set this team even further back and another evaluation year in 24. Not a smart move.

Further back from what? We’re 3-5 with a completely unproven QB and legit questions about his long term viability. We’re short on difference makers at key positions in today’s NFL. We’re nowhere near AFC championship quality. I guess a new GM could set us “further back” to … 2-5 or 1-5 but who cares? I’d put a positive slant on it and say we could let Ballard tread water at sub .500 for two more years or give a new GM two years to put us on the track to being a playoff team. Two years will be here in two years no matter what — I’d rather use those years building with a philosophy that might work not one that has seven years of evidence that it doesn’t. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimmy g said:

I’m almost 70. Been a Colts fan as long as I can remember.  I always want wins!  But before the season started I believed this year they’d be lucky to win ONE game. They’ve won three- have a decent chance to win another three. So I’m ecstatic.  Finish the year, hopefully get KJ Hamler healthy and playing- draft a fantastic WR and a few CBs, and let’s GO!!!!

I’m three years younger.   I’d like to think we both have at least 12-15 more years, perhaps more.   Maybe with a little luck 20 years more?    Let’s hope so!   As many have said, growing old is not for the faint of heart!      :giveup:

• Like 3

On 10/30/2023 at 12:04 PM, Solid84 said:

We’re not as bad as last season though. I’d rather the team played to win. That’s also the only way to evaluate the team. 

no team tanks on purpose we are trying our best but ballard just does have us enough above average talent after 7 years