Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Minshew better NFL QB than Richardson.

lennymoore24

43 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

With his athleticism, if he ever becomes great at passing, he will obviously be an amazing player – and I hope he does – but I find it weird that many talk as if this transformation is a foregone conclusion or get upset at any criticism towards Richardson while giving the benefit of any doubt. 

Also, him seemingly being fragile is also a big downer so far because it kind of defeats the the entire reason he was drafted so highly. Hopefully, these injuries turn out to be just anomalies and not a trend. 

So with the history of running QBs rarely turning in to good passers, and him being injured so early, I don't see how being down on Richardson at the moment is being viewed as ridiculous by the majority of Colts fans. 

I don't think it is ridiculous, it is just premature since the evolution of Jalen Hurts and Lamar Jackson who run enough (using only those for comparison) didn't happen in 1 or 2 years. It will require plenty of patience. Lamar is still young as far as NFL age goes, similarly AR will be too, if we don't give up on him too easily. Give him 3 years and see if he helps us win the division starting (and finishing) 80% of the games, that is my baseline/standard. 

Every set of coaches adapt to their player's strengths and see how smart they are with protecting themselves. Mahomes, after he had gotten injured on a QB sneak in 2020, Andy Reid would rather run or have a reverse on 3rd and 1 than ever have Mahomes attempt a QB sneak. Bills, they have no issues letting Allen run, same way with Ravens with Lamar despite his injuries and when you have an OL like the Eagles, the tush push has almost been perfected with Jalen Hurts QB sneaking.

One size of gloves don't fit all. Year 3 is when most rookie QBs make that big leap. Mahomes is a unicorn and Burrow is one of the highest rated passing QB prospects in the last 5 years, so can't go chasing their success in the first 2 years. So, comparing AR to Mahomes or Burrow should not be attempted till some consistency is established with health and passing prowess from AR.

Josh Allen missed 4 games due to injury in Year 1 and Burrow missed half a season in Year 1. Lamar missed several games the last 2 years. Yet, NFL coaches would rather bet on the pros than abandon ship by focusing on the cons. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

How has this thread not been shut down already? 

Maybe today.

What are your thoughts on the matter? You're a long time member from the early days when Brent, SouthWest, and JayKirk used to post. I wonder what they would say.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Minshew can beat teams from the pocket, and AR cannot.  Our win total will double with Minshew with AR on IR

It won't be popular, but it is true.

This injury is a good thing in my view

Of course you would say that

Just now, Stephen said:

Of course you would say that

Some posters (like the one you quoted) should just be ignored. Writing "This injury is a good thing" says a lot about someone, similar to Eagles fans cheering the injury of an opposing player. :facepalm:

39 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Maybe today.

What are your thoughts on the matter? You're a long time member from the early days when Brent, SouthWest, and JayKirk used to post. I wonder what they would say.

Used to we didn’t do much dignifying ridiculous threads like this. Maybe if an interesting side-topic popped up a thoughtful discussion would break out, but these days we have the “you’re not in the building you don’t know that” crowd to come and douse any thoughtful discussions that ever come up. 

• NFLfan locked this topic