Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week#2 All Around the NFL Game Thread

NFLfan

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Jets defense have the Cowboys this weekend, I don’t think they’ll be as good with the amount of turnovers Zach Wilson will be making. 

I meant that the Eagles have more points than the Jets had the other day. The Jets seemed like they should have had at least 25 points.

I feel bad for Kirk, fan base has been nothing but disrespectful to him since he has been there. Averaging 30tds and 10ints a season for them.

Hope he moves on and the Vikings get stuck in QB pergotory for the next 10yrs. 

I will root for Kirk elsewhere. Have a good night

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

I feel bad for Kirk, fan base has been nothing but disrespectful to him since he has been there. Averaging 30tds and 10ints a season for them.

I really agree, Cousins have done viking fans good he has flaws. But he puts up yards and never gives up!!

22 minutes ago, w87r said:

That is our history. We have been in QB purgatory since after the days of Fran Tarkenton. Daunte Culpepper was Okay. Cousins has been okay.  We have been much better at drafting WRs (except Treadwell and Troy Williamson). 

9 minutes ago, w87r said:

Dang… As a fan who’s witnessed the Colts and Bengals in the purgatory I don’t think I’d wish that for any team… well except for maybe the Steelers…

BTW, @w87r, lots of Vikings fans like Cousins. Most do.  It is just me who is not a fan and that is because I do not like to sign other teams' star players. I feel the same about acquiring free agents in baseball. I watched only one Mets game this year because I did not like the way they constructed the team with all these free agents. 

I like drafting and developing our players. 

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

He throws for a lot of yards too each year and is pretty accurate at times. I think for the most part, Kirk has always been top half of the league. Usually around 13-15th best which most teams and fanbases would take. He isn't great but good, JMO. All you can ask for is a chance to win a SB going into every year and Kirk with the right surroundings gives a team a punchers chance to do that. That is better than having a QB that gives you no chance. He will usually get you into the playoffs at worse. It's not like he hasn't performed on the biggest stages well either. He had a huge signature win at New Orleans in the 2019 playoffs beating Drew Brees. They went 13-4 last year.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He throws for a lot of yards too each year and is pretty accurate at times. I think for the most part, Kirk has always been top half of the league. Usually around 13-15th best which most teams and fanbases would take. He isn't great but good, JMO. All you can ask for is a chance to win a SB going into every year and Kirk with the right surroundings gives a team a punchers chance to do that. That is better than having a QB that gives you no chance. He will usually get you into the playoffs at worse. It's not like he hasn't performed on the biggest stages well either. He had a huge signature win at New Orleans in the 2019 playoffs beating Drew Brees. They went 13-4 last year.

That was one playoff game!  Sorry but Kirk has had a lot of weapons even going back to his days with Washington. Putting up big numbers is not as important as winning. Kirk went 8-8 with almost the same team that went 13-3 with Case Keenum. Case won a playoff game against the Saints too, albeit with a "miracle". Kirk puts up a lot of stats but he does not get first downs. He does not consistently get first downs unless he throws deep. That pass to Addison is what he lives by. He does not throw intermediate passes to keep the chains moving and eat up clock. Fans of other teams do not see that. All they see are TDs and yards. Football is not all about TDs and Yards. 

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That was one playoff game!  Sorry but Kirk has had a lot of weapons even going back to his days with Washington. Putting up big numbers is not as important as winning. Kirk went 8-8 with almost the same team that went 13-3 with Case Keenum. Case won a playoff game against the Saints too, albeit with a "miracle". Kirk puts up a lot of stats but he does not get first downs. He does not consistently get first downs unless he throws deep. That pass to Addison is what he lives by. He does not throw intermediate passes to keep the chains moving and eat up clock. Fans of other teams do not see that. All they see are TDs and yards. Football is not all about TDs and Yards. 

I realize it is about winning more but last year is a perfect example of Kirk performing at his best when it counted in a ton of 4th Qtrs to pull close win after close win out. They were 11-0 in 1 score games, a lot of the games Kirk drove them down for a game winning TD or a game winning FG. He was clutch last year at least. They lost to the Giants in the playoffs because the defense gave up 31 points.

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Your right, in bold. But most teams that do win SB are usually great on one side of the ball.. JMO I don't know the stats but whether it is a meaningful playoff game or SB game it all matters. It matters who has the hot hand towards the middle and end of season. That's why I never count first couple games..

Just now, EasyE said:

Your right, in bold. But most teams that do win SB are usually great on one side of the ball.. JMO I don't know the stats but whether it is a meaningful playoff game or SB game it all matters. It matters who has the hot hand towards the middle and end of season. That's why I never count first couple games..

I agree with her 100% that winning is more important than just putting big numbers but if a QB doesn't put up big numbers, he better have a top 5-7 defense in the league to win anything big.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree with her 100% that winning is more important than just putting big numbers but if a QB doesn't put up big numbers, he better have a top 5-7 defense in the league to win anything big.

I was saying you better be great on one side of the ball come middle of season or towards the end of season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EasyE said:

4 fumbles 4 lost. The score reflects on it.. 

Fumbles killed all the Vikings momentum early and really cost them the game. I would say when a team has 4 lost fumbles in any game, their chance of winning is around 10% - just a guess but I bet I am close. That 1 fumble out of the EndZone was a back breaker, that was 7 lost points right there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fumbles killed all the Vikings momentum early and really cost them the game. I would say when a team has 4 lost fumbles in any game, their chance of winning is around 10% - just a guess but I bet I am close. That 1 fumble out of the EndZone was a back breaker, that was 7 lost points right there.

That's why I don't want to see Jackson again. If you are lucky enough to not give up points. You are still losing possession on the clock. Putting defense back out without a break. JMO

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EasyE said:

That's why I don't want to see Jackson again. If you are lucky enough to not give up points. You are still losing possession on the clock. Putting defense back out without a break. JMO

I have to admit, the Vikings still made it interesting at the end. Had they got that onside kick that would have comical. Yeah Turnovers period are a killer. Teams that win the Turnover battle usually win the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have to admit, the Vikings still made it interesting at the end. Had they got that onside kick that would have comical. Yeah Turnovers period are a killer. Teams that win the Turnover battle usually win the game.

IMO Vikings had the game without the TOs . Eagles are not overrated, hell I got them and Bengals in SB. But eagles got lucky last week and this week. JMO lmao Eagles play Bucs next I won't be picking Bucs that's for sure. I should pick Vikings next week, but probably picking Chargers. If I don't pick Vikings @VikingsFanInChennai and @NFLfan Vikings will get a Win...lmao

• Like 2

8 hours ago, EasyE said:

IMO Vikings had the game without the TOs . Eagles are not overrated, hell I got them and Bengals in SB. But eagles got lucky last week and this week. JMO lmao Eagles play Bucs next I won't be picking Bucs that's for sure. I should pick Vikings next week, but probably picking Chargers. If I don't pick Vikings @VikingsFanInChennai and @NFLfan Vikings will get a Win...lmao

Yeah my before season SB picks were the Ravens vs Lions. Ravens losing Dobbins sucks a big ball of wax but injuries happen.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah my before season SB picks were the Ravens vs Lions. Ravens losing Dobbins sucks a big ball of wax but injuries happen.  

Yeah. I took Dobbins in a couple fantasy leagues when I knew I shouldn't have. Fantasy gurus had him ranked IMO too high. It seems like he's injured all the time. That's why I didn't want to draft him.

22 hours ago, EasyE said:

You should continue to pick underdogs :cheer2:

46 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

0-7, it is... :)

I got more faith in Vikings than Viking fans. Not even a fan of them. Gotta stop taking them in fantasy. But they win me money. Thanks JJ and Hock! Your team will be fine, maybe. I got family that is huge Viking fans. They say no we aren't fine with the schedule we have. I feel the pain but Vikings have tough games they can win. If they get the turnovers under control. JMO 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EasyE said:

I got more faith in Vikings than Viking fans. Not even a fan of them. Gotta stop taking them in fantasy. But they win me money. Thanks JJ and Hock! Your team will be fine, maybe. I got family that is huge Viking fans. They say no we aren't fine with the schedule we have. I feel the pain but Vikings have tough games they can win. If they get the turnovers under control. JMO 

Thanks, yeah... But it's all good. Hopefully, in next few years, they take steps to draft a franchise QB like Colts did. The excitement has worn off long back in the current setup, but at least games are interesting because of the good offensive scheme and the weapons we've. 

• Like 1