Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For anyone that cares, this is a pre-season game thread.

2006Coltsbestever

19 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Wilson has looked pretty good. Getting rodgers might save his career.

That is Wilson's third year. He should be looking a lot better than others. The Jets have a good team. They played very well today in every quarter. They just shut out the Panthers, albeit it is preseason.

• Like 1

Did I hear that CJ Spiller is playing for the Chargers? He seemed to score a TD but it was called back by a flag. I have to check if it was CJ Spiller, the former Buffalo RB.

EDIT:  The announcer said CJ Spiller but it is Isaiah Spiller. CJ is a coach now. 

15 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Did I hear that CJ Spiller is playing for the Chargers? He seemed to score a TD but it was called back by a flag. I have to check if it was CJ Spiller, the former Buffalo RB.

EDIT:  The announcer said CJ Spiller but it is Isaiah Spiller. CJ is a coach now. 

Maybe it's his son ?

Duggan is in now for the Chargers 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It might be. 

Bennett is getting first downs with good throws. 3 throws just now, all for first downs.

I did not get to see Duggan. 

Wiki says

Spiller wears #28 as a tribute to former NFL running back C.J. Spiller, who played for five teams over eight seasons. The two are not related, but Isaiah would often watch C.J.'s highlights and imagine himself in the NFL.[4]

He's a good looking young lad

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Does it seem like teams are playing their starters more in the preseason this year?

It definitely seems that way to me. Coaches and players eager to set the tone earlier on and get some field action immediately. It may risk some injuries but overall I appreciate it! Being proactive!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Does it seem like teams are playing their starters more in the preseason this year?

Maybe a little bit.

I think with the reduction of a game, teams are really still trying to figure out the best formula.

Personally I think the best formula might be.

Game 1:

Starters play 1st quarter

2's play 2nd + 3rd quarters

3's play 4th quarter

Game 2:

Starters play 1st half(Yes this means I think Richardson should play whole 1st half next week)

2's play 3rd quarter

3's play 4th quarter

Game 3:

Starters play 1st possession

2's play rest of 1st half

3's play 2nd half(battle for spots)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

Maybe a little bit.

I think with the reduction of a game, teams are really still trying to figure out the best formula.

Personally I think the best formula might be.

Game 1:

Starters play 1st quarter

2's play 2nd + 3rd quarters

3's play 4th quarter

Game 2:

Starters play 1st half(Yes this means I think Richardson should play whole 1st half next week)

2's play 3rd quarter

3's play 4th quarter

Game 3:

Starter play 1st possession

2's play rest of 1st half

3's play 2nd half(battle for spots)

This is what I am thinking too. If you give them good playing time first 2 games you can give them that 3rd game off or just a few snaps. I really don’t need to see colts starters that 3rd game. Andy Reid had always played his starters a lot in the preseason. 

It’s making these preseason games  fun. Can’t wait to see Lance play later.

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is what I am thinking too. If you give them good playing time first 2 games you can give them that 3rd game off or just a few snaps. I really don’t need to see colts starters that 3rd game. Andy Reid had always played his starters a lot in the preseason. 

It’s making these trees don games fun. Can’t wait to see Lance play later.

I would of supported keeping Richardson in the rest of the 1st half yesterday though.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, w87r said:

I would of supported keeping Richardson in the rest of the 1st half yesterday though.

I'm always in favor of playing starters especially rookies and others that do not have a lot of experience. I think they should have let Richardson play more. The Rams and Titans had their drafted rookie QBs play most of the game. It gives them experience. Bryce Young did not play enough.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Winston slide

Give Up GIF by The Great British Bake Off

Lol great stuff

Good 1st quarter for Saints

I like that Derek Carr is off the Raiders. I'm a big fan of his but it was hard to root for him with McD as his head coach. Carr is such a classy guy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I like that Derek Carr is off the Raiders. I'm a big fan of his but it was hard to root for him with McD as his head coach. He is such a classy guy.

Carr has always been a QB that is easy to root for. Above average for his career, nothing special but far from bad. Saints could very well win that weak division. Getting away from McDestroyer was the best thing he could've done.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Carr has always been a QB that is easy to root for. Above average for his career, nothing special but far from bad. Saints could very well win that weak division. Getting away from McDestroyer was the best thing he could've done.

I don't like the Saints but I like Carr. I liked Brees too.

Will you watch the Niners game?

• Like 1