Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Salary Cap moves around the NFL: 2023

NFLfan

My team is over $20 million over the salary cap. The purging has begun. :Cry::thmdown::hissy:

One of my favorite players. I recall being on this site in 2015 and a member reported that my team drafted Kendricks. I was so happy. He did not disappoint. 

This is a sad day but it is the business of sports. 

I've always wished the NFL would make a rule that players on 1 team for 10+ years only count half their salary against the cap.   It would allow for more fan favorites to stay with the team that loves them. 

3 hours ago, Myles said:

I've always wished the NFL would make a rule that players on 1 team for 10+ years only count half their salary against the cap.   It would allow for more fan favorites to stay with the team that loves them. 

I completely agree with the sentiment - but - if a player isn't contributing like he had been - he needs to be moved along.

13 hours ago, sb41champs said:

I completely agree with the sentiment - but - if a player isn't contributing like he had been - he needs to be moved along.

Oh, of course, but it would allow a team to keep a fan favorite who has diminished skills.  Say Dallas Clark wanted to stay with the Colts his last 2 years instead of Tampa and Baltimore.  If salary was not an issue, I' sure the Colts would have signed him.  If signing a proven player hit the cap as much as a backup player, a team would sign their great as the backup.

15 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

That is going to happen to more teams as they start to pay the QBs huge contracts. 

I know. If I were a GM, I would draft a QB every few years. If I get a really good one, I would keep him or trade him for picks. I would not have re-signed Daniel Jones for all that money. I would not pay Lamar Jackson. I would pay Mahomes.

Archived