Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay adding to his collection

crazycolt1

That's nice, but that triple crown is getting to be relevant to a fewer number of people each year.  A lot of collectibles that used to be cool are getting so old that the pool of people who know their significance is dying off.  Elvis stuff, muscle cars from the 60s and 70s, etc. 

As someone has said.  Getting old isn't for wimps.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

That's nice, but that triple crown is getting to be relevant to a fewer number of people each year.  A lot of collectibles that used to be cool are getting so old that the pool of people who know their significance is dying off.  Elvis stuff, muscle cars from the 60s and 70s, etc. 

As someone has said.  Getting old is not for wimps.

Classic cars from the 60s and 70s are ridiculously expensive. I have owned quite a few classic cars when I was younger.  

1969 Road Runner

1969 Camaro

2 - 1969 GTOs

1956 Chevy Belair 

1964- Falcon sprint

1967 Merc Cougar XR7

1971 Charger

1964 Impala 

2002 Monte Carlo SS

54 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Classic cars from the 60s and 70s are ridiculously expensive. I have owned quite a few classic cars when I was younger.  

1969 Road Runner

1969 Camaro

2 - 1969 GTOs

1956 Chevy Belair 

1964- Falcon sprint

1967 Merc Cougar XR7

1971 Charger

1964 Impala 

2002 Monte Carlo SS

My first car was a 1969 Dodge Dart 340 4bbl with heavy duty suspension.  Bought it for $600 and sold it 18 months later for $300.  It was fun while I had it.

52 minutes ago, DougDew said:

My first car was a 1969 Dodge Dart 340 4bbl with heavy duty suspension.  Bought it for $600 and sold it 18 months later for $300.  It was fun while I had it.

My first car was a ‘97 Breeze… that thing had less horsepower than a lawnmower… 

I was born in the wrong era when it comes to cars… 

On 2/22/2023 at 5:49 PM, crazycolt1 said:

1969 Road Runner

1969 Camaro

2 - 1969 GTOs

1956 Chevy Belair 

1964- Falcon sprint

1967 Merc Cougar XR7

1971 Charger

1964 Impala 

2002 Monte Carlo SS

I'm just taking a guess on which one was the most fun.

Falcon

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You guessed correctly. It was a convertible and was my favorite. It wasn't the fastest but was the funnest because I built it the way I wanted.  

One of my older brothers had a mid 60's Falcon back when I was young.   he still says it was the most fun car he ever had.  I don't know the details but he was able to fit a large engine in it and that baby would scoot.  

1 minute ago, Myles said:

One of my older brothers had a mid 60's Falcon back when I was young.   he still says it was the most fun car he ever had.  I don't know the details but he was able to fit a large engine in it and that baby would scoot.  

Sounds like your brother and me had something in common. I did drop a Boss 302 in it. Yes it holds some good memories.  :thmup:

Archived