Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mahomes wins 2nd MVP

chad72

He deserves it and is still humble.   

Looking at the voting makes you cringe at some of the players who received votes for MVP.

Justin Fields

Tua Tagovailoa

Trever Lawrence

Those who placed these votes should have their privilege removed. 

Reason why I like Mahomes, he is humble. He could win 4 or 5 SB's and I doubt he would ever say that he was better than Tom or Peyton. LeBron says he is the GOAT of all-time and some of the stuff he has said off the court rubs me the wrong way. When LeBron is challenged about his views he does what most do, say I don't want to talk about it or make up excuses and he disrespects others views. By the way he isn't GOAT, Jordan is and by a mile, Magic was also slightly better. Mahomes is about playing and entertaining fans and not being arrogant. I actually love his demeanor and he has a wild wife and a crazy brother that makes the news a lot. How he tolerates that would take patience lmao .

If LeBron is the GOAT, than Emmitt Smith is the GOAT with the rushing record, same difference. It is even harder in football to win championships, Emmitt could not play defense. Hell I guess if someone wanted to hang around and play for 25 years they could beat any record stats wise but does it matter if you are losing? Lakers stink but hey I beat Kareem's record because I played 100 years chuckling homer simpson GIF

Patrick Mahomes is a good person. He is humble, leans towards religion, and gives credit to the team. He also has lots of patience to put up with Brittany as well as his brother Jackson for all these years.  He mentioned sisters: he has two half sisters, ages 10 and 6. I looked it up. 

4 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Patrick Mahomes is a good person. He is humble, leans towards religion, and gives credit to the team. He also has lots of patience to put up with Brittany as well as his brother Jackson for all these years.  He mentioned a sister, but she doesn't make the news like the rest of his family. Kudos to her for staying out of the spotlight unlike others. 

He puts up with a lot but always stays cool it seems, I don't know him personally but I love the way he plays QB. All the Chiefs haters are about to be disappointed come Sunday. Philly is going down. 

1 minute ago, sb41champs said:

Congratulations to Patrick Mahomes on his second MVP award!!

His performance this season was award-worthy!!

He is the Magic Johnson of football. Some of his passes are incredible and he makes everyone else better. Easy too root for, humble, not cocky, doesn't talk politics, just plays and entertains that rhymes like Eric B and Rakim lmao , he is a great person. 

20 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Reason why I like Mahomes, he is humble. He could win 4 or 5 SB's and I doubt he would ever say that he was better than Tom or Peyton. LeBron says he is the GOAT of all-time and some of the stuff he has said off the court rubs me the wrong way. When LeBron is challenged about his views he does what most do, say I don't want to talk about it or make up excuses and he disrespects others views. By the way he isn't GOAT, Jordan is and by a mile, Magic was also slightly better. Mahomes is about playing and entertaining fans and not being arrogant. I actually love his demeanor and he has a wild wife and a crazy brother that makes the news a lot. How he tolerates that would take patience lmao .

If LeBron is the GOAT, than Emmitt Smith is the GOAT with the rushing record, same difference. It is even harder in football to win championships, Emmitt could not play defense. Hell I guess if someone wanted to hang around and play for 25 years they could beat any record stats wise but does it matter if you are losing? Lakers stink but hey I beat Kareem's record because I played 100 years chuckling homer simpson GIF

Yep, stat totals is not the only factor.

Best at sport or position for me:

RB - Barry Sanders

NBA - Jordan (not even close)

QB - toss up between Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino and Tom Brady

NHL - Gretzky 

59 minutes ago, Myles said:

Yep, stat totals is not the only factor.

Best at sport or position for me:

RB - Barry Sanders

NBA - Jordan (not even close)

QB - toss up between Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino and Tom Brady

NHL - Gretzky 

Great list, I loved Barry, IMO he is the greatest pure runner ever, I just hated how he retired early much like many do with Luck. Barry could have at least played 3 more years. Lions franchise sucked eggs back then though lmao .

I would say:

RB - Jim Brown - he set the tone for the other RB's and he was stronger than Barry. Emmitt, Walter, and Dickerson are in that Convo too.

NBA - Jordan - resume and eye test, I have Magic 2nd being the player of the 80's. Basketball was a physical sport back then, Magic had to take on Bird as well. Magic won MVP of the Finals as a rookie and they beat a stacked Sixers team without Kareem in those Finals. I would probably put LeBron 3rd, his longevity is impressive and he has won 4 MVP's and 4 Championships. He just beat Kareem's record as well. I just hate how he teamed up with the Heat to join Wade and Bosh, then they added Allen. That assured he was going to win a championship, Jordan or Magic never did that type of crap. Kobe stayed with the Lakers for all 20 seasons and even after Shaq left, he won a back to back with Gasol being the 2nd best player. Gasol was good but no where near what LeBron had with the Heat. 

QB - It is Tom but Peyton and Joe are on the same level IMO. What hurts Marino is, he never won the big one. Steve Young is underrated, he had great accuracy and could run. Rodgers has won a SB and 4 MVP's. Elway won 2 SB's and 1 MVP. 

NHL - Gretzky 

MLB - Kris Bryant (just joking), To me Willie Mays is the best player ever. He played after integration, was a .302 hitter, hit 660 HR's, and won a WS without cheating. He also was great defensively and very athletic. 

WR - Jerry Rice

I am watching a 30 for 30 right now about the 2000 Baltimore Ravens. Goose was a real life Homer Simpson, RIP, funny big guy, great player. Their defense was scary. 

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great list, I loved Barry, IMO he is the greatest pure runner ever, I just hated how he retired early much like many do with Luck. Barry could have at least played 3 more years. Lions franchise sucked eggs back then though lmao .

I would say:

RB - Jim Brown - he set the tone for the other RB's and he was stronger than Barry. Emmitt, Walter, and Dickerson are in that Convo too.

NBA - Jordan - resume and eye test, I have Magic 2nd being the player of the 80's. Basketball was a physical sport back then, Magic had to take on Bird as well. Magic won MVP of the Finals as a rookie and they beat a stacked Sixers team without Kareem in those Finals. I would probably put LeBron 3rd, his longevity is impressive and he has won 4 MVP's and 4 Championships. He just beat Kareem's record as well. I just hate how he teamed up with the Heat to join Wade and Bosh, then they added Allen. That assured he was going to win a championship, Jordan or Magic never did that type of crap. Kobe stayed with the Lakers for all 20 seasons and even after Shaq left, he won a back to back with Gasol being the 2nd best player. Gasol was good but no where near what LeBron had with the Heat. 

QB - It is Tom but Peyton and Joe are on the same level IMO. What hurts Marino is, he never won the big one. Steve Young is underrated, he had great accuracy and could run. Rodgers has won a SB and 4 MVP's. Elway won 2 SB's and 1 MVP. 

NHL - Gretzky 

MLB - Kris Bryant (just joking), To me Willie Mays is the best player ever. He played after integration, was a .302 hitter, hit 660 HR's, and won a WS without cheating. He also was great defensively and very athletic. 

WR - Jerry Rice

I am watching a 30 for 30 right now about the 2000 Baltimore Ravens. Goose was a real life Homer Simpson, RIP, funny big guy, great player. Their defense was scary. 

Too tough to call for best MLB player.   Ruth, Aaron, Mays, Cobb, Gehrig, Ted Williams I lean towards Stan Musial.  Played 22 seasons and won 7 batting titles.  Hit 475 home runs with a career average of .331.  He missed a season to serve in the military.

He was the first major league player to appear in more than 1,000 games at two different positions, registering 1,896 games in the outfield and 1,016 at first base.[153] Since Musial's retirement in 1963, Tony Gwynn has been the only player to finish his career with a higher lifetime batting average. Hank Aaron has been the only player to surpass his record of 6,134 total bases.[154]

In Musial's 3,026 major league appearances, he was never ejected from a game.[155] Speaking about his quiet reputation within the sport's history, sportscaster Bob Costas said, "He didn't hit a homer in his last at-bat; he hit a single. He didn't hit in 56 straight games. He married his high school sweetheart and stayed married to her. ... All Musial represents is more than two decades of sustained excellence and complete decency as a human being.

21 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Mahomes is tough as nails.  I have mad respect for him.   He willed his team (both sides of the ball imho) to this W.

Yeah, Mahomes will be the closest to Brady fighting with a "never give up" attitude like Brady had. No wonder Brady, after winning a close AFCCG vs Mahomes and the Chiefs, thought I'd better get out of the AFC. :) 

Until Mahomes stepped onto the field at State Farm Stadium in Glendale on Sunday evening, no NFL quarterback had ever led the league in passing yards before winning the Super Bowl. In most seasons, we knew that the streak would remain unbroken long before the game was played — because only six quarterbacks had ever made the championship game after leading the league in yards: Dan Marino (1984), Kurt Warner (2001), Rich Gannon (2002), Tom Brady (2007 and 2017) and Peyton Manning (2013). This is 52 years worth of data.

With Brady there were always firsts that he kept doing. Coming back from 10 down in the fourth quarter of a SB for the very first time, no problem, did it vs Seahawks in 2014 SB. Coming back from 25 down and again 10 plus down in the fourth quarter of a SB and taking a SB to its first ever OT, he did it in 2016 SB. Home team making AND winning for the first time in a SB, no problem, he did it in 2020 while winning on the road as a wild card, something HE had never done before (though the pandemic and empty crowds gave him an advantage, I felt).

Mahomes will be the closest thing we will see to Brady for a while and he is only 27. 

Archived