Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If this goes much farther south than 3-5-1...

BlueShoe

I could see a scenario where we are mathematically eliminated sooner than later... The Colts have a tough schedule. Let's say we have 4 or 5 wins with only 5 or so games to go. It sucks to think we will completely blow the franchise up. We have a very good defense and special teams is overall good. 

Jim Irsay is not typically the type to make any changes until the end of the season, but he might want to see what happens if we shake things up a bit. I wouldn't be so quick to fire everyone. A new GM will want his own staff. Ballard might still get another year. 

I could see a scenario where Reich gets fired, and either Gus Bradley or Bubba Ventrone takes over as interim head coach. I would at least try to keep them. If the team shows some promise, then bring in a young OC next year. I really like Joe Brady. He is the current quarterbacks coach in Buffalo, and he was the OC for that great LSU team a few years ago. 

I think we could salvage a lot, without completely blowing it up. Really our issues are on one side of the ball. 

I am thinking a 4-6 win season yields a top 10, maybe a top 5 draft pick. We grab a young QB and plug the holes on the offensive line. We would be in decent shape, with a quarterback on a rookie deal. 

Joe Brady didn’t do great with the Panthers in his 2 years. Maybe it was Matt Rhule, I don’t know, but it’s hard to take that chance.

On the other hand, Darell Bevell is passing game coordinator/QB coach for Miami Dolphins. From being on a staff that worked with Brad Childress and Brett Favre, to Carroll and RW in Seattle, to Mike McDaniels and Tua now in Miami, he’d be my choice as he has plenty of OC experience at the NFL level. He will do well with a young QB, IMO.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Joe Brady didn’t do great with the Panthers in his 2 years. Maybe it was Matt Rhule, I don’t know, but it’s hard to take that chance.

On the other hand, Darell Bevell is passing game coordinator/QB coach for Miami Dolphins. From being on a staff that worked with Brad Childress and Brett Favre, to Carroll and RW in Seattle, to Mike McDaniels and Tua now in Miami, he’d be my choice as he has plenty of OC experience at the NFL level.

I like Bevell, and I would not be against having him as OC. As far as Joe Brady, I don't think Carolina was a great fit for him. Plus I think he got an NFL OC gig too fast. He is young, and when given the talent, he can be creative. 

So to update this thread... 

Frank is Fired. 

And I think it goes to my original point. I believe that Irsay notices this team has a lot of good things going for it, and we have outstanding coaches on defense and special teams... It would stink to lose them. It would stink to bring in a new defensive philosophy that may not fit the personnel we have. 

I think Irsay is doing exactly what I thought made the most sense. Try to keep some of this together without blowing the entire thing up. 

Archived