Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Udfas You Expect To Make The Roster

Andy

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think bullit is a great safety considering the plays he makes when he is on the field. but lefeged could be a great back up. moten from MD seems like a good tackler and had 4 int's his senior year. (we could use more turnovers)and i'd rather have darren evans over javarris james. big strong back that can move the pile

i think bullit is a great safety considering the plays he makes when he is on the field. but lefeged could be a great back up. moten from MD seems like a good tackler and had 4 int's his senior year. (we could use more turnovers)and i'd rather have darren evans over javarris james. big strong back that can move the pile

i think i threw up in my mouth. the guy sucks at tackling and is average at best at covering. i remember last year season opener where he takes a terrible angle at foster and completely missed and ive seen plenty of times where ive seen rbs run right over him.

but he had a career high for tackles. like i said, hes isnt consistentyet

big deal only 72 tackles. bethea has been having 100 tackle seasons for like three years. bullit is probably the worst starting safety in the nfl

big deal only 72 tackles. bethea has been having 100 tackle seasons for like three years. the guy is probably the worst starting safety in the nfl

No, no he is not y do u think that at all

He is a good in the box safety he is average not great but u still probably want glass Bob back...

No, no he is not y do u think that at all

He is a good in the box safety he is average not great but u still probably want glass Bob back...

no actually i dont want bob back i just would prefer a safety that knew how to attack the ball carrier instead of getting run over.

no actually i dont want bob back i just would prefer a safety that knew how to attack the ball carrier instead of getting run over.

Ok then yes bullet can be upgraded but you know as well as I that he

Is not the worst starting safety in the NFL

He is a average safety who does good

can be upgraded but is definitely not the reason of our defensive woes

There ain't no one better right now, go ahead and look

that hes done the best he could considering no one drafted him. he never asked to be 2nd string with no 1st string reps. with all the hype on sanders you cant really blame bullit for not being super productive. we didnt bring him here to be polomaolu. we needed a decent backup and thats what he is

bethea has been starting his whole career. bullit was an undrafted free agent.....

that's completely irrelevant. Being undrafted doesn't mean your bad. Kurt Warner, Warren Moon, and James Harrison are UDFAs. Gary Brackett, Blair White, Jeff Saturday, & Jacob Lacey are all starters on our team, or are very good players. Point is, being undrafted doesn't mean your bad, now run along :)

that hes done the best he could considering no one drafted him. he never asked to be 2nd string with no 1st string reps. with all the hype on sanders you cant really blame bullit for not being super productive. we didnt bring him here to be polomaolu. we needed a decent backup and thats what he is

thats exactly what he is to me a good backup, but a terrible starter and being undrafted doesnt mean anything talent wise. there have been plenty of UDFA that turned into superstars

Ok then yes bullet can be upgraded but you know as well as I that he

Is not the worst starting safety in the NFL

He is a average safety who does good

can be upgraded but is definitely not the reason of our defensive woes

There ain't no one better right now, go ahead and look

which is why i hated the colts for not going after whitner.

that's completely irrelevant. Being undrafted doesn't mean your bad. Kurt Warner, Warren Moon, and James Harrison are UDFAs. Gary Brackett, Blair White, Jeff Saturday, & Jacob Lacey are all starters on our team, or are very good players. Point is, being undrafted doesn't mean your bad, now run along :)

im not the one saying he is bad lol. im trying to defend him

im not the one saying he is bad lol. im trying to defend him

i dont think that was his point. your excuse for bullitt being an average player is because he is an undrafted player, but there have been plenty of undrafted players that have had great careers in the nfl.

thats exactly what he is to me a good backup, but a terrible starter

I still don't get the terrible starter part?

He ain't Bob and isn't an elite player but

Is he better then Fransico x1000

Has he lost a game for us, nope

Is he a game changer, nope he is average

Fransico was TERRIBLE bullet is javerage and sometimes your just gonna have to take average contributors who do their job

And bullet doesn't get run over alot, sometimes after having to be like an 4th linebacker a SS can't make the hit, Bob could but well... You know the story

Bullit, this year, is our SS and maybe next yearwe can upgrade idk about Lefged he seems good though

Whitner tbh was overhyped he was one of the worst pass defending S in the league last year, alot of money coming to a guy who may just be a slight Better then Bullitt in tackling, maybe

However if we would have gotten Quintin Mikkel then I would have been amped

I still don't get the terrible starter part?

He ain't Bob and isn't an elite player but

Is he better then Fransico x1000

Has he lost a game for us, nope

Is he a game changer, nope he is average

Fransico was TERRIBLE bullet is javerage and sometimes your just gonna have to take average contributors who do their job

And bullet doesn't get run over alot, sometimes after having to be like an 4th linebacker a SS can't make the hit, Bob could but well... You know the story

Bullit, this year, is our SS and maybe next yearwe can upgrade idk about Lefged he seems good though

hes better then arron fine. there are two kinds of safeties. one that can take the deep ball away which is bethea and one that attacks the LOS which we dont have which is why i dont like bulitt because he cant do either.

Whitner tbh was overhyped he was one of the worst pass defending S in the league last year, alot of money coming to a guy who may just be a slight Better then Bullitt in tackling, maybe

However if we would have gotten Quintin Mikkel then I would have been amped

we dont need a covering safety thats all bethea. we need an attacker which is what whitner would have been for us.

but my point on that was that he cant be expected to be a great player if he wasnt even drafted. yes, there are a lot of really good players who went undrafted. just cuz bullit isnt the best SS in the league doesnt mean you can just write him off

A player is expected to give his best and make himself better no matter what their draft status

Here is a close example to us

Ugoh is thinking about retirement from the Lions right now where he is getting beat by a bunch of scrubs in 4th and 5th spots, the kid had all the talent in the world and we traded a first round pick for him..

Some UDFA do suck, other later round picks rise though like mr. Brady, who we all hate for his own ...greatness.. Eugh

Bullet ain't Brady but from what we have seen he is definitely a good/average starting safety no matter what people expected

we dont need a covering safety thats all bethea. we need an attacker which is what whitner would have been for us.

So now Buillit is gonna suck because the overrated Whitner didn't go to the colts the guy was the starter the last 3 years with glass bob getting all the reps and did pretty well

He aint bob and whitner isnt bob either, Whitner to the Bills was a bust and cost to much money anyways in FA, so ya no thanks

we're getting a bit off topic. we're supposed to be COLTS FANS!!!!! all our players are the best in the league and we will win the super bowl. no matter what the final roster is

How's is talking about colts related material off topic no less a former UDFA in a UDFA thread

And I hope you werent serious about the players being the best in the league, that's not true at all

The SB we have a great chance at though

It's a convo man...

So now Buillit is gonna suck because the overrated Whitner didn't go to the colts the guy was the starter the last 3 years with glass bob getting all the reps and did pretty well

He aint bob and whitner isnt bob either, Whitner to the Bills was a bust and cost to much money anyways in FA, so ya no thanks

you think whitner is a bust? go do some research pal

cuz this turned into a discussion about whether or not bullit sucks. we're supposed to root for all our players. and yes, obviously i was joking. but i do believe when healthy we are the best team in the league

just because you wear the blue and white doesnt mean i like you. you still have to perform.

you think whitner is a bust? go do some research pal

First round pick like 8th overall picked over the likes of Suh and others I can't remember

Was a loudmouth on twitter and at front office that made the bills want to boot him out immediately, his pass coverage is putrid

He had alot of tackles, that was mostly due to the tick poor Run D of the bills (tick poor D in general)

Not a gamechanger, almost no team wanted him...

Idky you think there are only two kinds of safety, Quibtin Mikkell for one is an excellent example of a duel threat , he'll even Bethea had to be with Fransico, and Bethea did well

whitner, if signed would have only been maybe been a slight improvement to Buillit (who btw is actually pretty good in Pass coverage and DESCENT in run stopping) but his price tag was not worth it for us,

So reverse question why is Whitner so good in your eyes, you've seen him play? cause the accounts I gave to you were from posters at bills forums.

And tackles does not equal run stopper

give bullit this year. first year without sanders. gets all the starting reps in practice. should see a huge improvement

When Mel has been in the game he has played more than adequately. He is no Bob Sanders that is for sure but he is not the "worst starting safety in the NFL" as some genius thinks.

Mel has made plays since the day he set foot on the field for Indy.

Some you on this board really need to get a hobby.

First round pick like 8th overall picked over the likes of Suh and others I can't remember

Was a loudmouth on twitter and at front office that made the bills want to boot him out immediately, his pass coverage is putrid

He had alot of tackles, that was mostly due to the tick poor Run D of the bills (tick poor D in general)

Not a gamechanger, almost no team wanted him...

Idky you think there are only two kinds of safety, Quibtin Mikkell for one is an excellent example of a duel threat , he'll even Bethea had to be with Fransico, and Bethea did well

whitner, if signed would have only been maybe been a slight improvement to Buillit (who btw is actually pretty good in Pass coverage and DESCENT in run stopping) but his price tag was not worth it for us,

So reverse question why is Whitner so good in your eyes, you've seen him play? cause the accounts I gave to you were from posters at bills forums.

And tackles does not equal run stopper

As a huge OSU fan I can tell you Indy does not want DW. He is a very good against the run, but he is "Mike Doss bad" against the pass.

Mel is 10x the safety Donte is.

All right, I've heard enough of this Bullitt bashing. What's wrong, did he steal your girl or something?

How do you know we didn't entertain the idea of Whitner? Whitner followed the $$$$. We couldn't afford that.

Safety IS NOT our biggest concern. And I don't know what games you've been watching, but the games I saw (I have them ALL since '98 on DVD if you need refreshing) showed Bullitt playing admirably for an UFA. He's on par, imo, of Giordano, a serviceable safety. Nothing more, nothing less. Maybe he's no Whitner, but he's not near the bottom of the league either and he afforded us to put the money into other players. Until this year, we've "banked" (literally)on Sanders being the #1 and Bullitt backing him up. He's certainly been more "valuable" than Sanders.

Worry about the positions that warrant it........PLEASE!

hes better then arron fine. there are two kinds of safeties. one that can take the deep ball away which is bethea and one that attacks the LOS which we dont have which is why i dont like bulitt because he cant do either.

I seem to remember Bullitt doing pretty well at the LOS on the "infamous" 4th & 1 play against NE.

I don't know how your beloved Whitner could have done better.

That wasn't luck, it was preparation and instinct.