Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Udfas You Expect To Make The Roster

Andy

how do you even get a stat like that? regardless that stat is probably from only last season right? well i already said bullitt is better then fran

It's easy, you look at yards per play per game. You add up the games in which Bullit played and then divide by the number of games. Then you do the same for the games Bullitt didn't play.

And no, it wasn't just for last year, I went back to 2008.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's easy, you look at yards per play per game. You add up the games in which Bullit played and then divide by the number of games. Then you do the same for the games Bullitt didn't play.

And no, it wasn't just for last year, I went back to 2008.

so since 2008 our yards per play has been going down til 2010

so since 2008 our yards per play has been going down til 2010

Umm no. Like I said with Bullitt getting most of the reps as safety the Colts give up about 6.3 yards per play. Without Bullit the Colts give up almost 6.9 yards per play.

I didn't compare years, just games.

Add I apologize I see why your are a bit confused. I said "yard per play" but I meant yards per pass play. I can see what yards per play is as well.

Umm no. Like I said with Bullitt getting most of the reps as safety the Colts give up about 6.3 yards per play. Without Bullit the Colts give up almost 6.9 yards per play.

I didn't compare years, just games.

Add I apologize I see why your are a bit confused. I said "yard per play" but I meant yards per pass play. I can see what yards per play is as well.

hold on let me understand this. since bullitt has been starter for us we give up less yards on pass downs. could it be that when bullitt goes down we have a terrible sub in to take his put be more logical then bullitts impact on the game. and if thats the case i already said hes better then anything we currently have or have had, but my point being i would like someone better then bullitt. personally i would like someone like sanders, but more durable.

hold on let me understand this. since bullitt has been starter for us we give up less yards on pass downs.

Well, you're not the first one to the top of the mountain but you eventually get there.
could it be that when bullitt goes down we have a terrible sub in to take his put be more logical then bullitts impact on the game.
No, especially since the Colts the 6.3 yards per pass play is in the upper echelon of the NFL. It indicates that Bullitt does his job and does it pretty well.
and if thats the case i already said hes better then anything we currently have or have had, but my point being i would like someone better then bullitt. personally i would like someone like sanders, but more durable.

I think everyone would like a safety like Sanders but more durable, but exactly who would that be?

No, especially since the Colts the 6.3 yards per pass play is in the upper echelon of the NFL. It indicates that Bullitt does his job and does it pretty well.

some stats are misleading. teams dont really throw the ball on us because they can easily run it, which is why we are usually around the top in pass defense. and dont forget we usually play a deep cover 2 causing the QB to just dump the ball off.

Well, you're not the first one to the top of the mountain but you eventually get there.

i wanted to make sure what you were saying so i can prove you wrong. there are other factors that play into that stat not just bullitt doing his job and im pretty sure it went down just because of 2010 and the crap safeties we had not knowing what they were doing being in our system for a short time ala francsico

i wanted to make sure what you were saying so i can prove you wrong.

Many have tried but few succeed.
there are other factors that play into that stat not just bullitt doing his job and im pretty sure it went down just because of 2010 and the crap safeties we had not knowing what they were doing being in our system for a short time ala francsico

Of course there are other factors, football is a team game and each player has an effect on each stat. That is not even getting into the mathematics of chaos theory to show how each play changes the factor of each future play, how a snow storm in China can effect a Colts game 3 weeks later.

But since I have neither the time, inclination or know how to adjust for all those factors, I have to go by the information that I have access to and the ability to analyze.

The fact of the matter is Bullitt makes a difference for the Colts D. With Bullitt in the game they give up fewer Yards per pass. I didn't look at all of Sanders' games but the few I looked at the Colts gave up right around that 6.3 yards per pass. Without Bullitt the Colts give up more. That would indicate that Bullitt does his job, takes away the deep throw, makes very few mistakes and very few mis-steps.

And again, who is this safety that is like Sanders but more durable?

The fact of the matter is Bullitt makes a difference for the Colts D. With Bullitt in the game they give up fewer Yards per pass. I didn't look at all of Sanders' games but the few I looked at the Colts gave up right around that 6.3 yards per pass. Without Bullitt the Colts give up more. That would indicate that Bullitt does his job, takes away the deep throw, makes very few mistakes and very few mis-steps.

And again, who is this safety that is like Sanders but more durable?

i can respect that. no one. thats just what i would like from our safety

no one. thats just what i would like from our safety

You and me both.

Because don't get me wrong, I'd like to see an upgrade over Bullitt. I would have liked Whitner, but I don't think he would have provided a big enough upgrade to justify the 3 year 11+ million. I actually would not mind if the Colts took a look at Goldson, the guy Whitner replaced in S.F. I don't know much about him other than the few SF games I've seen but he looks like a good zone safety that can make the tackle.

Also, I am willing to trust the front office, if they think that Lefeged could fill in if something happens to Bullitt then I believe them. They have so much more information to make their decisions than I do.