Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TNF needs to end

jonjon

16 minutes ago, jonjon said:

It is amazing how consistently these games are utter crap. Anyone agree? I'd rather watch re-runs of I Love Lucy than the garbage they trot out week after week. 

I’ve never liked them.    Players HATE them.   Coaches and front office don’t like them.   There’s only one group who likes them:   Owners.   They make money on them.    The Thursday night TV deal brings them big bucks.   That’s the only reason they continue to exist.    A real shame. 

If they could shortern the amount on TNF games played,start them week 5 and end them week 12 or 13 and only have teams play them who are both coming off their byes it would give owners most the revenue they are currently getting and give clubs the rest and preparation needed but I havent seen this idea floated anywhere else before so probably just wishful thinking.

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

If they could shortern the amount on TNF games played,start them week 5 and end them week 12 or 13 and only have teams play them who are both coming off their byes it would give owners most the revenue they are currently getting and give clubs the rest and preparation needed but I havent seen this idea floated anywhere else before so probably just wishful thinking.

I don't think it would work with teams coming off their byes.  They would have to play Thursday and then again on Sunday.  

i guess I'm OK with Thursday night football.   It's another game to watch.  They are usually poorly played but it is still football.  

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I don't think it would work with teams coming off their byes.  They would have to play Thursday and then again on Sunday.  

i guess I'm OK with Thursday night football.   It's another game to watch.  They are usually poorly played but it is still football.  

Your first paragraph is incorrect. 

They'd be off the previous Sunday for the bye, then play on Thursday and off the following Sunday since they'd already played that week. 

The idea is pretty good actually. 

1 minute ago, buccolts said:

Your first paragraph is incorrect. 

They'd be off the previous Sunday for the bye, then play on Thursday and off the following Sunday since they'd already played that week. 

The idea is pretty good actually. 

Ah ha, I wasn't thinking.   It is a good idea but I don't think the NFL would do away with any Thursday night games.  

It's too bad they don't move it to Friday Night football.   I would prefer that and I think more people would stay up and watch is on the East side of the country.  I know early in the season is high school football on Fridays but I don't think that would hurt it much.  Sometimes I like to have some beers while watching a game but I work early in the morning and really cannot. 

i also would love to see Superbowl Sunday moved to be Superbowl Saturday.

On 10/15/2022 at 5:54 AM, holeymoley99 said:

I think they started out as just an occasional thing.

Archived