Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2003 Colts-Pats Game

King Colt

This was the first time I have seen this game on TV.  A friend and I attended the game, and it was like riding a roller coaster. Once the offense got rolling though, I was sure we would prevail.  I remember Bethel Johnson having a career day against our special teams, but mostly Willie McGinest. We booed him for the obvious fake injury, and my friend pointed out to me that he was the one who made the  4th down tackle and sprinted up the field on his severely injured knee.

Big game, gave them homefield advantage in the playoffs.

I just turned 13. I came inside from playing football outside with my friends. My parents were watching this game, they were cheering for pats. So I decided I'll go the other way. I watched the colts fail from the 1 yard line 3 times and that was the spark I needed. 

I cheered so hard for them in the AFC championship game and felt so bad for them when they lost. Week 1 of the next season I again watched the colts fall to the Patriots. I guess you could say those were the first few games I actually watched/cared about. Thus explaining my love for colts and hatred for Tom Brady/Patriots

16 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I just turned 13. I came inside from playing football outside with my friends. My parents were watching this game, they were cheering for pats. So I decided I'll go the other way. I watched the colts fail from the 1 yard line 3 times and that was the spark I needed. 

I cheered so hard for them in the AFC championship game and felt so bad for them when they lost. Week 1 of the next season I again watched the colts fall to the Patriots. I guess you could say those were the first few games I actually watched/cared about. Thus explaining my love for colts and hatred for Tom Brady/Patriots

We got them in 2006 so it was worth the wait :thmup:

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We got them in 2006 so it was worth the wait :thmup:

They hype for 2005 in my house was crazy!! Lol I was going crazy. Then 2006. I went to my friends house who was a pats fan. I left that house the most hyped every!! Well then 2009's win was actually crazy too surrounded by tons of pats fans then

I would say from 2003-2009 it was the greatest rivalry ever. You had longevity as in 7 straight years, in those 7 years = 2003-2009, Tom was only 5-4 against Peyton (pretty even in that time frame) and each were 1-1 in Championship games. Tom was 4-0 regarding 2003 and 2004 so Peyton got hot for a few years too. When we beat them in the 2006 AFC Championship Game, they knew we were for real from then on. NFL Network still ranks that 2006 AFC Championship Game as the best AFC Championship Game ever played. Of course that is debatable, you had the 2018 AFC Championship Game - Pats at Chiefs = Pats pulled a win out dramatically. Tom did his thing taking down Mahomes. This season was a great one too with Cincy beating KC in OT. When Peyton beat Tom in 2015 in the AFC Championship Game that was a great one too, Denver only won 20-18 and it came down to the end.

Archived