Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Evaluation of TE Coby Fleener

Who has good intrigue on Fleener? I have heard that he is the most athletic TE in this year's class, to he is an overrated TE without a great amount of talent.

If he can be the next Gronkowski, with better speed and athletism, but not as physical, Im completely fine with taking him in the 2nd. But I have a feeling he is not in Gronk's class as a TE.

well for one he addresses a need and is familiar with luck. the guy is everything you want in todays TE. hes big, good speed and hands. the guy is gonna be a matchup nightmare for defenses.

Blocking? Good in the run game? I'm not sure he has it all. Especially not on the level of a Gronkowski.

Blocking? Good in the run game? I'm not sure he has it all. Especially not on the level of a Gronkowski.

do you see gronk or graham blocking? i could care less if he couldnt block a 6 year old girl. what i wanna see his him running the seen and burning safeties and lbers

Let's keep in mind: before the combine, Fleener was being rated as the 2nd rated TE in this draft behind Dwayne Allen. Most mocks had him going in the 2nd at the earliest, and as late as the 3rd round.

Now that the combine hype has cooled down and people are actually looking at his tape again, some draftniks are putting him as low as the 3rd round again. He's not an elite talent.

Let's keep in mind: before the combine, Fleener was being rated as the 2nd rated TE in this draft behind Dwayne Allen. Most mocks had him going in the 2nd at the earliest, and as late as the 3rd round.

Now that the combine hype has cooled down and people are actually looking at his tape again, some draftniks are putting him as low as the 3rd round again. He's not an elite talent.

he was behind orson charles not allen and i believe maylock who has him number 1

do you see gronk or graham blocking? i could care less if he couldnt block a 6 year old girl. what i wanna see his him running the seen and burning safeties and lbers

Uhmm... Gronkowski is a pretty outstanding run blocker. You can't take that guy off the field, because he's so versatile. Not to mention, he's got 10 lbs on Fleener.

And considering that Grigson and Pagano want to return to a power run game, you better bet your fanny that they want a TE that can block. Otherwise, they would have just kept Dallas Clark or Tamme.

If you put Fleener with a good QB like Gronkowski haves, he will easily put up 12-15 Td's. I don't really know how a team will stop him, he will run away from Lb's and safetys. If you try to put a CB on him he is so much bigger that you can just throw it up to him and he will come down with it 9/10 times. I bet he will be picked somewhere between the 15th-25th pick, possibly by a team that a TE is not really a big need.

See this is what I am thinking. I think there will be guys more talented than Fleener on the board at 34. Guys like WR Stephen Hill, Reuben Randle, CB Dre Kirkpatrick, ILB Donta Hightower...Somebody with very good talent could fall. I would rather go TE Ladarius Green in the 4th or 5th.

See this is what I am thinking. I think there will be guys more talented than Fleener on the board at 34. Guys like WR Stephen Hill, Reuben Randle, CB Dre Kirkpatrick, ILB Donta Hightower...Somebody with very good talent could fall. I would rather go TE Ladarius Green in the 4th or 5th.

Nobody can sit here and say 'Let's not bother with Fleener, he can't block like Gronkowski' and then say 'yeah, let's get Green'. Green is athletic and quick, but he can't block to save his life.

If Fleener has gone I'm taking Randle, love the guy.

Nobody can sit here and say 'Let's not bother with Fleener, he can't block like Gronkowski' and then say 'yeah, let's get Green'. Green is athletic and quick, but he can't block to save his life.

If Fleener has gone I'm taking Randle, love the guy.

Im not saying Green is a good run blocker. Im saying that I think Green has just as much potential if not more than Fleener in being a matchup nightmare TE like a Jimmy Graham. Both have good size and athletism, but I think Green may be the better athlete of the two.

Im not saying Green is a good run blocker. Im saying that I think Green has just as much potential if not more than Fleener in being a matchup nightmare TE like a Jimmy Graham. Both have good size and athletism, but I think Green may be the better athlete of the two.

Possibly. Just looks a bit flimsy, could get bumped/jammed easily. If he can put a bit of weight on/bulk up a bit then I think he can be decent.