Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stampede Blue's Stock Report (plus my own, and please share yours)

EastStreet

Stampede Blue's Stock up/down report. Full write ups in the link below, but here's the basics.

I was asked by a couple posters to do one of these this year similar to another team's weekly, but will jump in with this.

My own thoughts below. What are yours?

Stock Up

1. Jonathan Taylor
  2. Kenny Moore
  3. Mark Glowinski
  4. Darius Leonard/Quenton Nelson’s ankles

Stock Down

1. Zach Pascal
  2. Nyheim Hines
  3. Bobby Okereke

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2021/12/9/22826061/colts-stock-up-stock-down-week-13

Mine...

Note:

1. Not listing some folks who have been high, and remain high (like Taylor), or low, and remain low. I'm concentrating on folks that recently show upward or downward trends, but feel free to list things however you want. 

2. Also, focusing on players, not coaches (please do the same). I think everyone is aware of everyone's view on coaches right now, so no need to rehash. 

3. Also, it's OK to be both positive and critical in this thread. If critical talk upsets you, or if you're squeamish about debate, please just don't click/participate in this thread. 

Stock Up (no order)

• Mark Glowinski - after his snaps got threatened by Reed, he's been on a terror. Go Glow! Contract year buddy.
  • Ashton Dulin - always great on STs, and limited to the dirty work on O, not stepping up and contributing when asked.
  • Danny Pinter - can't say enough about his first start. Hoping he'll push RK.
  • Kenny Moore - after a very rough start to the year, he's coming on strong, and at the very time we need him. 
  • Kenny Moore's mom - can't help but give her a mention lol... 
  • Kemoko Turay - Another multi sack game. Against Houston, but we could really use his PRS skills the next 3 games. 
  • Rock Ya Sin - after being injured in the first half and missing a couple games, Rock has come back strong, and has been the most consistent DB week in, week out.
  • Isaiah Rodgers - like Kenny, had an ugly start to the year. He's been great down the stretch, and continues to give high rotational minutes. 

Stock Down (no order)

• Nyheim Hines - not really performance related... more lack of use. Paying a lot for decreased targets and carries. 
  • Zach Pascal - really struggled this year after a good 2020. Need to spread the targets around better if he can't return to form. 
  • Bobby Okereke - improved a little in run D, regressed in pass D. Like the article mentioned, QBs are now circling his name.
  • TJ Carrie - Might be unfair to list him here due to injury, but he's losing his status a bit with Rodgers playing so well. Would really like to see him step up and provide quality minutes down the stretch (CB, NB, or S).

Up

1)Andrew Senedajo- Has played above what most thought and out of position but has held down the back end with a PFF grade of  59.6 (Was 43.8 last season)

2)Taylor Stallworth- Seeing increased snaps this season and making lays and getting noticed. Twice as many snaps this season as in total career leading in. PFF grade of 64.4 (44.5 last year)

3)Matt Pryor- Trade barely registered when it was made but has provided very valuable depth and snaps played (288) 74.1 grade (55.4 last season). We may see much more in the future from him.

I’m glad they are finally using Hines and Taylor at the same time on plays, but now that’s about to become a wasted effort because they never actually throw him the ball or try to get him involved. Defenses are gonna start ignoring him out there before long. 

They still try to run him up the gut, however. :pokerface:

Rock has definitely had a better year than I was afraid we were going to see. Rodgers has put some good film of his own up as well. 

I like what I’m seeing from Paye. He’s starting to get home, and he plays well from snap to whistle. He’s not a guy who gets just manhandled by a linemen on many plays. 

You know what? I’m gonna do it. Stock down Banogu. * what is this situation? It’s pretty clear by now that it was a waste of a pick and the coaches aren’t at all jazzed with what they’ve got in him, and this is just a wasted roster spot. They admitted the whiff on Eason, might as well sell on this one, too. 

31 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Up

1)Andrew Senedajo- Has played above what most thought and out of position but has held down the back end with a PFF grade of  59.6 (Was 43.8 last season)

2)Taylor Stallworth- Seeing increased snaps this season and making lays and getting noticed. Twice as many snaps this season as in total career leading in. PFF grade of 64.4 (44.5 last year)

3)Matt Pryor- Trade barely registered when it was made but has provided very valuable depth and snaps played (288) 74.1 grade (55.4 last season). We may see much more in the future from him.

Agreed on all 3. 

I think Sendejo still has the best passer rating allowed grade of all staring DBs. A lot more than I expected, especially at FS.

Stallworth had been really good in key moments. I remember him chasing a dude to the sideline early this year. Great year for him. And Pryor was another unexpected bonus for us. All 3 have been pretty good and consistent. Only bag is AS's missed tackles. 

20 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I’m glad they are finally using Hines and Taylor at the same time on plays, but now that’s about to become a wasted effort because they never actually throw him the ball or try to get him involved. Defenses are gonna start ignoring him out there before long. 

They still try to run him up the gut, however. :pokerface:

Rock has definitely had a better year than I was afraid we were going to see. Rodgers has put some good film of his own up as well. 

I like what I’m seeing from Paye. He’s starting to get home, and he plays well from snap to whistle. He’s not a guy who gets just manhandled by a linemen on many plays. 

You know what? I’m gonna do it. Stock down Banogu. * what is this situation? It’s pretty clear by now that it was a waste of a pick and the coaches aren’t at all jazzed with what they’ve got in him, and this is just a wasted roster spot. They admitted the whiff on Eason, might as well sell on this one, too. 

Yup. I just want to see them get the ball somehow, someway, to Hines lol. 

Banogu has been consistently down, so just really can't say he's stock down (for me at least).

I can't disagree with any of the above.  Rock has been much improved this year, after injury.  Taylor just seems to be getting better each week. Pittman is shaping into the player I envisioned last season.  Paye has had a solid rookie campaign.  Hines and MAC are unfortunately underutilized, and Pascal has regressed.

8 hours ago, WentzinRome said:

I can't disagree with any of the above.  Rock has been much improved this year, after injury.  Taylor just seems to be getting better each week. Pittman is shaping into the player I envisioned last season.  Paye has had a solid rookie campaign.  Hines and MAC are unfortunately underutilized, and Pascal has regressed.

Yup, really can't aske anymore from JT and PT in year 2, and Pay in year 1. 

Normally it takes a DE a year or so before they bring consistency. Paye has been consistent all year. Just not getting home much. I think/hope that will change. Could be scheme.

Also love the fact Pitt has been so productive even without another bookend at WR. Not sure our scheme though will ever be high flying with a Z even if we add one via the draft or FA. 

All 3, great gets by Ballard. 

3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Normally it takes a DE a year or so before they bring consistency. Paye has been consistent all year. Just not getting home much. I think/hope that will change. Could be scheme.

Also love the fact Pitt has been so productive even without another bookend at WR. Not sure our scheme though will ever be high flying with a Z even if we add one via the draft or FA. 

They paid Hines, they need to utilize him more and that may be where may ultimately be at his best?  I also feel a two back look with both Hines and Taylor could help in the screen play game?  Maybe with Pinter as a Big TE or tackle eligeable...the possibilities!

9 minutes ago, WentzinRome said:

They paid Hines, they need to utilize him more and that may be where may ultimately be at his best?  I also feel a two back look with both Hines and Taylor could help in the screen play game?  Maybe with Pinter as a Big TE or tackle eligeable...the possibilities!

I think Pinter ends up as our OC or OG in a few years. In the mean time, I can see him as an extra tackle on key 3rd and shorts, and getting targeted a few times a year. We're likely going to bump the cap again this season, so wouldn't be shocked to see him get a go at RG sooner than later as a cost move. 

I'm with you on Hines. Paid him a bunch, and need to get the return. I like the 2 backs sets, but would like to see him get more targets. Either at slot or just as RB running out of the backfield. IMO, he should be hitting the edge at minimum a couple times a game too. 

On 12/10/2021 at 3:55 AM, holeymoley99 said:

Up

I pretty much agree with the OP and this, maybe add AQM to Stock Up.

I think we have a bunch of above-avg to good players but we lack great to elite players especially at playmaker positions like WR, DE and CB/SS/FS.

Paye has been good from the get go and will most likely develop into a solid starter. Not convinced yet he will be the elite DE we need. We haven't seen enough of Dayo yet really.

Pascal has been a huge let down for me. I had him tagged as a possible break-out player this year. He started strong but has been a huge disappointment for several weeks now. 

I wish we would get a chance to see what Speed and/or Glasgow has to offer for an extended amount of time like we just saw Pinter.  I remember Glasgow being all over the field when he was still at Michigan.  Speed scores quite a bit better in coverage than  Okereke, about the same against in the run, but worse on pass rush.  

8 hours ago, Solid84 said:

I pretty much agree with the OP and this, maybe add AQM to Stock Up.

I think we have a bunch of above-avg to good players but we lack great to elite players especially at playmaker positions like WR, DE and CB/SS/FS.

Paye has been good from the get go and will most likely develop into a solid starter. Not convinced yet he will be the elite DE we need. We haven't seen enough of Dayo yet really.

Pascal has been a huge let down for me. I had him tagged as a possible break-out player this year. He started strong but has been a huge disappointment for several weeks now. 

AQM for me has been consistently good all year, so not really a lot of ups/downs. My list just focused on ups, but easily could have included AQM. But if I'm honest, I've always liked him, and expected him to be solid. He's improved every year. Not elite type stuff, but pure-solid. 

6 hours ago, bigt said:

I wish we would get a chance to see what Speed and/or Glasgow has to offer for an extended amount of time like we just saw Pinter.  I remember Glasgow being all over the field when he was still at Michigan.  Speed scores quite a bit better in coverage than  Okereke, about the same against in the run, but worse on pass rush.  

Don't forget Glasgow was on IR earlier this year. Overall, not a high ceiling though. He's a late round guy taken for STs. Franklin and Adams similar, and it took them a bit to start getting looks. Franklin had a higher ceiling, and it's kind of shown IMO. Speed likely has the highest ceiling of the LB room that's not a starter, but also the rawest. Speed has gotten more snaps this year though. Wouldn't be surprised to see Speed's role increase next year. I'm not really worried about pass rush to be honest. 

34 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

AQM for me has been consistently good all year, so not really a lot of ups/downs. My list just focused on ups, but easily could have included AQM. But if I'm honest, I've always liked him, and expected him to be solid. He's improved every year. Not elite type stuff, but pure-solid. 

Don't forget Glasgow was on IR earlier this year. Overall, not a high ceiling though. He's a late round guy taken for STs. Franklin and Adams similar, and it took them a bit to start getting looks. Franklin had a higher ceiling, and it's kind of shown IMO. Speed likely has the highest ceiling of the LB room that's not a starter, but also the rawest. Speed has gotten more snaps this year though. Wouldn't be surprised to see Speed's role increase next year. I'm not really worried about pass rush to be honest. 

I still like Malik Jefferson, will be interesting if we keep him around next season on p.s or let him walk. He is an excellent special teams player but could be more imo. 

If you exam our p.s we have a very nice group of vets with Dennard, Coutee,Poole, I.Campbell (On I.R.) who have started games and contributed. I know the new rules allow more of these vets on p.s and havent gone in depth on other squads but we have bodies down there.

7 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

I still like Malik Jefferson, will be interesting if we keep him around next season on p.s or let him walk. He is an excellent special teams player but could be more imo. 

If you exam our p.s we have a very nice group of vets with Dennard, Coutee,Poole, I.Campbell (On I.R.) who have started games and contributed. I know the new rules allow more of these vets on p.s and havent gone in depth on other squads but we have bodies down there.

Yup, we've got a strong PS. And I love the new rules.

I was intrigued about MJ when we grabbed him, but overall I don't expect much. I don't think he's taken one snap for us on ST or D. And if he's good, he should have been able to leap Glasgow and Adams in both areas. IMO he made a huge mistake leaving early. 

On 12/10/2021 at 6:30 PM, EastStreet said:

I think Paye hasn’t been getting home because lack of consistent pressure from the other side. Even the better pass rushers usually only get home when they consistently get pressure from the other side, too. When your DL can only collapse one half of the pocket, it’s easy for the QB to evade the pass rush if he’s at all mobile.
The only pass rushers I’ve seen recently get home on QBs consistently by themselves are TJ Watt, Aaron Donald, and Buckner, and that just speaks to their freakish skill. Kwity has his side of the line locked down, but the other side is very inconsistent, with only AQM regularly making much noise. Honestly I think our D line is pretty good, we just need another solid DE. A line of DeFo, Paye, Turay, AQM, Dayo, and one other solid pass rusher would be incredible.

44 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

I think Paye hasn’t been getting home because lack of consistent pressure from the other side. Even the better pass rushers usually only get home when they consistently get pressure from the other side, too. When your DL can only collapse one half of the pocket, it’s easy for the QB to evade the pass rush if he’s at all mobile.
The only pass rushers I’ve seen recently get home on QBs consistently by themselves are TJ Watt, Aaron Donald, and Buckner, and that just speaks to their freakish skill. Kwity has his side of the line locked down, but the other side is very inconsistent, with only AQM regularly making much noise. Honestly I think our D line is pretty good, we just need another solid DE. A line of DeFo, Paye, Turay, AQM, Dayo, and one other solid pass rusher would be incredible.

IDK man. I think it's scheme more than anything. We blitz and stunt at a low rate. 3rd lowest blitzing team in the league, and 3rd lowest pressure % in the league. Those two things are pretty closely linked IMO. We just rush 4 in a very vanilla way, and OLs don't have to worry much about anything else except for the guy in front of them. Totally making the opponent OL's job a lot easier than most DLs.

And we've seen two guys from last year go to other teams, one that was pretty bad DL wise (TN) last year, and another that lost a lot of their DL (Balt). Both those guys are now top 25 in pressures. 

So last year, we had not one, not two, but three guys in this year's top 30 (Defo is right outside the top 25). And our stats last year were similar to this year. Now we have the best graded rook DE and Defo, and bit worse stats over last year. If we add another, sure it would help, but we had 3 legit threats last year. Hoping Dayo can come in and be a disrupting tweener, but most of all, I'd just like to see a bit different DL strategy.

Archived