Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Week 5 Practice/Injury Report (Ravens)

EastStreet

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Why would you cut him. Just leave him there so he's protected and you don't have to cut someone. It's not crazy to think we won't have a WR injury later this year. Still early. He can still go to meetings, just can't take reps.

Well TY will be coming back. Pittman and pascal are very durable. I guess Campbell could. It’s the fact if he is healthy he can’t even practice. That just seems weird. They can’t keep him there all year.  Or maybe Strachan ends up not looking good in practice and they cut him.  

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Well TY will be coming back. Pittman and pascal are very durable. I guess Campbell could. It’s the fact if he is healthy he can’t even practice. That just seems weird. They can’t keep him there all year.  Or maybe Strachan ends up not looking good in practice and they cut him.  

It/injury can happen to anyone.

It's not something (Patmon) that should be on your top 1000 things to worry about.

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

It/injury can happen to anyone.

It's not something (Patmon) that should be on your top 1000 things to worry about.

I am not concerned about it. I just kind of feel bad for him after a great camp and preseason. Hell he might not be fully healthy yet. There is going to be a lot of players possibly cut the next month as players come back. Not to mention the possibility of Dayo. He can start practicing in a couple weeks. Mr guess is he might sit the entire season.

23 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I am not concerned about it. I just kind of feel bad for him after a great camp and preseason. Hell he might not be fully healthy yet. There is going to be a lot of players possibly cut the next month as players come back. Not to mention the possibility of Dayo. He can start practicing in a couple weeks. Mr guess is he might sit the entire season.

If they would actually use him, I'd be fine with him pushing somewhat off the 53. But right now, I just think we'll focus targets mostly on Pascal and MP, and then split between Campbell and TY once Hilton gets back. We throw so much to RBs, there's just not that many targets to go around.

I'm not really worried about Dayo this year. If he can get back late season and get some reps, fine, but not sure who I'd want to push out right now to bring him in. 

I expect Patmon active soon, Glasgow active soon, Sam active soon though may end up on P.S. instead. T.Y. may be a bit longer

We have 5 DT (6 if you count Rochell, 7 if you count Lewis) so Stallworth or Williams may get cut along with Woods.

Chesley likely gets cut as well 

Eason cut to come

7 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

where do we rank in percentage of passess to RBs? @EastStreet

3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Great question. I'm just not sure where to find that data. Sharp my have something I can back in to. I'll give it a look later this evening when I'm done cooking.

So can't find a clean way to get %s, but was able to pull some RB target info through W4. 

We're 6th in total RB targets. Many of those teams throw more than us, so guessing we're top 3ish in %.

Indy 35 targets/attempts

Carolina 32 (McC factor)

Detroit 45 (Swift 29)

LAC 30 (Ekler 20)

LVR 35 (Drake 17)

MN 32 (Cook 16)

NE 36 (White 14)

Eagles 34

Pitt 42 (Harris 34)

TB 37

TN 36

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

So can't find a clean way to get %s, but was able to pull some RB target info through W4. 

We're 6th in total RB targets. Many of those teams throw more than us, so guessing we're top 3ish in %.

Indy 35 targets/attempts

Carolina 32 (McC factor)

Detroit 45 (Swift 29)

LAC 30 (Ekler 20)

LVR 35 (Drake 17)

MN 32 (Cook 16)

NE 36 (White 14)

Eagles 34

Pitt 42 (Harris 34)

TB 37

TN 36

thanks . didn't realize we were throwing to them so much. 

24 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

It was always a long shot anyways.

39 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Hope this doesn’t mean Willis is ruled out.

DE move is definitely for Rochelle. I think Willis doesn’t play dealing with two injuries would be tough to play on.

2 hours ago, coming on strong said:

Not a big loss he played like 8 snaps in 4 games even with paye out he has barely played the last two weeks .

He played outstanding in the few snaps, and could have been a great option vs Baltimore's heaving run O. He's also about the closest thing we have to a 2nd pass rushing DT (back up for Defo)

30 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He played outstanding in the few snaps, and could have been a great option vs Baltimore's heaving run O. He's also about the closest thing we have to a 2nd pass rushing DT (back up for Defo)

My point was more about frank . He wouldn’t have used him much anyway he is stubborn . Mo had break out games early last year before frank stopped making a effort to get him the ball . 

7 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

My point was more about frank . He wouldn’t have used him much anyway he is stubborn . Mo had break out games early last year before frank stopped making a effort to get him the ball . 

I feel ya on Frank's stubbornness lol...

You have to think though that Rochell would have been an obvious part of the game plan rotation vs Baltimore if healthy (assuming Frank wasn't stubborn). Either setting the edge on run downs, or sliding to the interior on pass downs.

It'll be interesting to see if MAC gets shelved again after another great day.

Just now, EastStreet said:

I feel ya on Frank's stubbornness lol...

You have to think though that Rochell would have been an obvious part of the game plan rotation vs Baltimore if healthy (assuming Frank wasn't stubborn). Either setting the edge on run downs, or sliding to the interior on pass downs.

It'll be interesting to see if MAC gets shelved again after another great day.

Reich leaves the defense up to Eberflus. I don’t think he is even that involved in what players should play or not.

I hope Mac stays involved. He doesn’t need a lot of targets to make a difference.

7 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Reich leaves the defense up to Eberflus. I don’t think he is even that involved in what players should play or not.

I hope Mac stays involved. He doesn’t need a lot of targets to make a difference.

We have zero idea what Reich does or does not do in regards to the defensive game plan. Offensive coaches do normally interact with the D coaches and vice versa in terms of what to expect and how to attack.

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

We have zero idea what Reich does or does not do in regards to the defensive game plan. Offensive coaches do normally interact with the D coaches and vice versa in terms of what to expect and how to attack.

I am not saying he doesn’t interact. I am sure he goes over  game plans and has suggestions.I specially remember him saying that he leaves it mostly up to Eberflus.  I just doubt he makes a decision on defensive rotations of players. 

24 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I am not saying he doesn’t interact. I am sure he goes over  game plans and has suggestions.I specially remember him saying that he leaves it mostly up to Eberflus.  I just doubt he makes a decision on defensive rotations of players. 

Like any boss, he has to "manage" his employees, and the overall performance of the team. Our D has not been good in several areas, so "management" is required. Not saying Reich needs to get involved in the sausage making, but he needs to at minimum identify the bad ingredients or processes that are creating a bad sausage. 

8 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Bell didn't do much last week. Freeman and Williams have performed the best so far. 

It was also reported that teams have approached Baltimore about trading for one of their RBs. 

They have Murray, Freeman, Bell, all big names, and then Williams who is arguably performing better than 2 of the 3. 

Archived