Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Week 5 Practice/Injury Report (Ravens)

EastStreet

8 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

The OC said they are having problems finding enough snaps with the ones they have. With Lamar running most of the time they are probably good.

FWIW, RBs are running about 66% of the time, Jackson about 34%. Now a portion of that 34% are scrambles, not designed runs. 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I really doubt the Ravens are looking to add another RB. 

They've got Murray and Freeman. And Williams looked very good in the first 3 games.

And don't forget they have Bell on the PS. 

I'd personally be using Williams, but for whatever reason the Ravens scratched him from last weeks actives.

Williams was inactive last week and Bell was brought up. Got as many snaps as Murray. I’m guessing it’ll be the same this week.

1 hour ago, Btown_Colt said:

Williams was inactive last week and Bell was brought up. Got as many snaps as Murray. I’m guessing it’ll be the same this week.

I'm aware. I mentioned it above. 

Williams however has been the most productive RB of all 3. Also has a 6.1 AVG.  And Freeman has a 6.8. 

Bell wasn't very good at all last week. 

15 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I'm aware. I mentioned it above. 

Williams however has been the most productive RB of all 3. Also has a 6.1 AVG.  And Freeman has a 6.8. 

Bell wasn't very good at all last week. 

I must have missed your last paragraph, sorry.

With that said, seems like they aren’t quite satisfied with the RB position, so not sure why they wouldn’t be looking to add someone was the only point I was making. You don’t normally healthy scratch your young productive RB for an older end of career RB because your satisfied. 

7 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

I must have missed your last paragraph, sorry.

With that said, seems like they aren’t quite satisfied with the RB position, so not sure why they wouldn’t be looking to add someone was the only point I was making. You don’t normally healthy scratch your young productive RB for an older end of career RB because your satisfied. 

Likely just a case of 3 big names trumping a UDFA.

And the fact they're likely paying the big names around twice as much as the UDFA. Their local media have questioned why Williams seems to have been placed in the doghouse.

Murray IMO just hasn't been that good the last 5ish years. Freeman is great when healthy, but he's been injury riddled the last 4ish years. Seems healthy this year though. And we all know Bell's history holding out a couple years ago, then bouncing to 3 teams in one year. Williams went to 3 different colleges and is still a bit of a wildcard, but he's looked good when called on.

But regardless, really doubt they want to add another to the mix.

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

rest is only for older veterans usually .   have not seen young guys under 26 resting fully healthy who need practice to get better .

Keep in mind Turay's injury history. Teams often rest guys, young or old, with injury histories.

Not saying that's the case here. 

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Keep in mind Turay's injury history. Teams often rest guys, young or old, with injury histories.

Not saying that's the case here. 

11 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

He has had a couple rest days this year due to his injury history. 

i hope so but it wouldnt surprise me if he got hurt yesterday

Just now, JediXMan said:

You haven’t been paying attention to this season lol. He’s actually been one of the few bright spots in the secondary.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

He was our best DB through 3 games. He was pretty good.

3 games of mediocre play in a struggling secondary out of 31 games played isnt enough to sway me on Rock lol

5 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

This roster move to make room for Hundley will be interesting. Maybe a DT is cut.

Might as well rip the band aid off Eason... 

4 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Guess there was a setback with Rock that sucks.

guessing it's just the ankle isn't ready for prime time verts yet.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Might as well rip the band aid off Eason... 

guessing it's just the ankle isn't ready for prime time verts yet.

Sam has to be added to the active roster after next week or stay on IR or be cut. We will find out probably in a week. 

They must like what they have seen from Hundley in practice to think he would be better then either of these two young guys.

6 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

he sucks anyway

He's been the best DB by far this year.

Moore has been awful and toasted on the regular.

Willis has been toasted several times and has given up the most TDs of all DBs.

Blackman co-leads the team in missed Ts

Rhodes looked downright awful in his return

Rodgers had one of the most cringiest moments ever when he didn't even attempt to tackle a guy last week, instead giving him a weak push, and the pass catcher picked up several more yards.

4 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

3 games of mediocre play in a struggling secondary out of 31 games played isnt enough to sway me on Rock lol

he was graded a top 10 CB the second half of the 2019 season. 

he was injured early year, mid year, and late year last season.

Just now, EastStreet said:

he was graded a top 10 CB the second half of the 2019 season. 

he was injured early year, mid year, and late year last season.

please hes been terrible most of time with the colts and pff is garbage most people know that by now

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Sam has to be added to the active roster after next week or stay on IR or be cut. We will find out probably in a week. 

They must like what they have seen from Hundley in practice to think he would be better then either of these two young guys.

Hundley IMO has always been the most ready now back up QB on the roster. Colts just rolled the dice pushing him to the PS because they wanted to try and develop the two young guys, and knew nobody would poach Hundley. 

Doubt anyone would poach Eason or Sam. If I had to guess, they'll try to keep Sam on the 53 simply because he's still an unknown, and they'd like more time to try and develop him.

4 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

please hes been terrible most of time with the colts and pff is garbage most people know that by now

Well, if he's garbage, then the rest of our DBs are hot steaming garbage.

PFF is so garbage, all the teams across the league use it... 

They should all pay you for your eye test lol.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Hundley IMO has always been the most ready now back up QB on the roster. Colts just rolled the dice pushing him to the PS because they wanted to try and develop the two young guys, and knew nobody would poach Hundley. 

Doubt anyone would poach Eason or Sam. If I had to guess, they'll try to keep Sam on the 53 simply because he's still an unknown, and they'd like more time to try and develop him.

It seems they wanted Hundley as the backup before Wentz even got hurt. He was going to be signed even if that injury didn’t happen. Just seems it took him a little time to get caught up with the playbook. Someone mentioned a few days ago this offense is similiar to the GB offense so easier for him to learn it.

Archived