Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Veldheer's post-season is still alive

zibby43

15 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Man this seems like a pretty unwise thing for Frank to say then to me.  Does it to you?  When he said it wasn't entirely his decision I thought he was talking about PR needs to want to come back.  But yeah, that isn't necessarily the case.

I don't think PR has said he wants to play again for sure has he?

He followed that up by saying they will make the right business decision. Reich clearly understands they need a longer term answer.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

He followed that up by saying they will make the right business decision. Reich clearly understands they need a longer term answer.

Well that sounds better.

I don't really watch any press conferences or pregame or anything much.  I just lost interest in quite a while back.  I read stuff.

Much of what I learn about the Colts ins and outs comes from here.  I think it's a pretty good clearing house of info.

19 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Not for sure, he said before the Bills game that he thinks he will want to come back.  Sounds like he wants some time away to think it over

23 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Man this seems like a pretty unwise thing for Frank to say then to me.  Does it to you?  When he said it wasn't entirely his decision I thought he was talking about PR needs to want to come back.  But yeah, that isn't necessarily the case.

At the time, I was a bit surprised that Reich made that comment publicly.  But I think he was just saying that (a) Rivers had a good season and was instrumental in our going 11-5, and (b) he thinks he is still capable of playing at the level the team needs.

Rivers has been pretty circumspect on coming back.  That's certainly one of the moving parts involved here.  Obviously, he has to be 100% committed to playing again.  And it's no small obligation at 39 years old.

I wonder if they might do a torch-passing season whereby Eason -- assuming they still envision him as a future starter -- gets more involved as a #2 and takes the reins either during or after the season.

28 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

At the time, I was a bit surprised that Reich made that comment publicly.  But I think he was just saying that (a) Rivers had a good season and was instrumental in our going 11-5, and (b) he thinks he is still capable of playing at the level the team needs.

Rivers has been pretty circumspect on coming back.  That's certainly one of the moving parts involved here.  Obviously, he has to be 100% committed to playing again.  And it's no small obligation at 39 years old.

I wonder if they might do a torch-passing season whereby Eason -- assuming they still envision him as a future starter -- gets more involved as a #2 and takes the reins either during or after the season.

I don't know if I've actually ever wathed a Reich presser, so I don't know how he speaks really.  But to me that kind of think has can of worms written all over it. 

Archived