Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2020 Colts at Raiders Matchup Info

EastStreet

TLDR Summary (stats further below)

Raiders Defense
Bottom half of the league in most core stats. Probably better vs the rush than the pass. Of their starting DBs, none grade higher than 60. Ferrell (DE) and Hurst (3T) are both good, but Raiders overall don't blitz a lot, and get very few sacks. Their starting RCB is in concussion protocol and DNP. 2 other depth DBs are gimpy too. Hurst IDL looking to be improving.

Raiders Offense 
Very solid all around. Most core stats are in the top half of the league. Higher ranked in rushing than passing, but Carr is ranked top 10ish in many areas aside from yards.  Jacobs is a good RB, and Waller is one of the top TEs. They have 3 very capable WRs (Renfrow, Agholor, and Ruggs). The top 2 RBs are listed on the injury report, but so far at least, expect them to play. Jacobs is LP though. Several of their OLs are also listed. I'll update later if things change.

Keys to the game on defense
Raiders are a well balanced team. They'll likely have to be successful throwing to win. And Carr scares me a bit if we play a lot of soft zone. Our LBs/NB/SS also will be challenged vs Waller and Renfro. Jacobs is good, but I'm more concerned about their passing game. Our D needs to show up in the 1H, especially the pass D. Just don't bend too much.... 

Key to the game on offense
Aside from their IDL and Kwiatkoski (MLB), their D is not very good. It'll probably take a good balance of passing and rushing. They're just not good vs the pass at all, so Rivers should have another good day. I like Taylor/Hines/Pittman/TY to all have good days catching. 

Overall 

Raiders have played badly the last two games since almost knocking of KC for a second time. Got blown out by the Falcons, and should have lost to the Jets. Both were road games, and I'm sure Gruden has been in their heads about the last two weeks. It's a huge game for both teams. A loss for either makes the playoffs less than 50/50 shot. I expect a dogfight. I really hope Frank let's our offense be a bit more dynamic this week. We need to put them away early if possible. 

Colts
Offense
Total Yardage - 13th
Total Points - 10th
Passing Yardage - 10th
Rushing Yardage - 21st
3rd Down % - 29th
Red Zone % (TD) - 16th 
Sack % - 5th
INT % (best) - 14th
Time of Possession - 9th
Run/Pass % - 43/57 (21st most passing)
Yards per Completion - 12th
Yards per Attempt - 8th

Defense
Total Yardage - 5th
Total Points - 10th
Passing Yardage - 8th
Rushing Yardage - 7th
3rd Down % - 16th
Red Zone % - 24th
Sack % - 11th
INT % - 4th
Blitz % - 31st (lowest)
AVG Passer Rating Allowed - 4th
Takeaways per Game - 10th

Misc & STs
Non-Offesnive TDs per Game - 1st
FG Attempts per Game - 6th
FG Conversion - 15th
Punts per Game (most) - 26th
Punts Net Yard AVG - 18th
Penalties per Game (least) - 22nd
Opponent Penalties per Game (most) - 21st

Personnel (top 10ish)
Rivers QB - Passing Yards 10th / Net Yards PPP 7th
Taylor RB - Catch Rate #2
Rodgers CB/ST - KO Ret AVG #2
Hines APB - Punt Ret AVG #9
Sanchez P - 7th inside the 20 %
Houston DE - 11th in sacks
Rhodes CB - 10th Passes Defended
Moore NB - 13th in PDs, 11th in INTs
Odum - ST Tackles #1
Glasgow - ST Tackles #8

----------------------------------------------------------------

Raiders
Offense
Total Yardage - 15th
Total Points - 11th
Passing Yardage - 17th
Rushing Yardage - 10th
3rd Down % - 3rd
Red Zone % (TD) - 17th
Sack % - 10th
INT % (best) - 4th
Time of Possession - 7th
Run/Pass % - 45/55 (26th most passing)
Yards per Completion - 13th
Yards per Attempt - 9th

Defense
Total Yardage - 22nd
Total Points - 28th
Passing Yardage - 24th
Rushing Yardage - 19th
3rd Down % - 29th
Red Zone % - 28th
Sack % - 30th 
INT % - 16th
Blitz % - 30th (lowest)
AVG Passer Rating Allowed - 11th
Takeaways per Game - 21st

Misc & STs
Non-Offesnive TDs per Game - 26th
FG Attempts per Game - 9th
FG Conversion - 7th
Punts per Game (most) - 29th
Punts Net Yard AVG - 17th
Penalties per Game (least) - 15th
Opponent Penalties per Game (most) - 7th

Personnel (top 10ish)
Agholor - 9th in YPCatch
Jacobs - 7th in total rushing yards
Booker RB - 10th in YPRush
Carr QB - 10th in NetYrdPP, 8th in pass rating, 1st in fumbles
Renfro WR/ST - 5th in Punt return average
Cole Punter - 6th in inside the 20 %
Mullen CB - 9th in PDs
Heath S - 11th in INTs
Waller TE - 2nd in TE receiving yards

/

I'll add that we're the best D they've faced in a while. They played NO early, and won, but the Saints had some big issues early in the year. Tampa held them to 20pts late October. Carr is the type of guy that can abuse a soft zone though. If we let them get into 3rd and shorts, it'll be a long day for our D.

5 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I'll add that we're the best D they've faced in a while. They played NO early, and won, but the Saints had some big issues early in the year. Tampa held them to 20pts late October. Carr is the type of guy that can abuse a soft zone though. If we let them get into 3rd and shorts, it'll be a long day for our D.

Amazing how Atl blew them out.

I missed that game but I wonder what the formula was that Atl used

7 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Amazing how Atl blew them out.

I missed that game but I wonder what the formula was that Atl used

ATL shut down their run, and Carr had a horrible game. Only threw one INT, but it was a pick 6. What killed them was Carr fumbling like 3 or 4 times. LVR just couldn't get it going. Carr was not bad in the passing game, just wasn't good, and between ATL limiting Jacobs, and a ton of mistakes, it just was consistently ugly for them the whole game.

8 hours ago, DiogoSales said:

They torched us last time at Lucas Oil (was not close as the score sugest), time to make it even. 

I'd love to make a statement. We've back slid since the GB game. Need to right the ship.

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

ATL shut down their run, and Carr had a horrible game. Only threw one INT, but it was a pick 6. What killed them was Carr fumbling like 3 or 4 times. LVR just couldn't get it going. Carr was not bad in the passing game, just wasn't good, and between ATL limiting Jacobs, and a ton of mistakes, it just was consistently ugly for them the whole game.

I'd love to make a statement. We've back slid since the GB game. Need to right the ship.

Colts can't afford to have another slow 1st half

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Colts can't afford to have another slow 1st half

Nope. It's not a good match up for us IMO. Carr is the type that thrives on soft zones. If he gets going, Jacobs will have and easier time, and things could get ugly. Our LBs and DBs need to be up to cover shallow and intermediate, or Waller or Renfro (and Ruggs) will have a day.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Nope. It's not a good match up for us IMO. Carr is the type that thrives on soft zones. If he gets going, Jacobs will have and easier time, and things could get ugly. Our LBs and DBs need to be up to cover shallow and intermediate, or Waller or Renfro (and Ruggs) will have a day.

I thought Jacobs isn't playing am I wrong

On 12/11/2020 at 11:28 PM, EastStreet said:

That's your statement man!

I'm so * happy right now! Lets gooooooooooo

2 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

That's your statement man!

I'm so * happy right now! Lets gooooooooooo

I'm most happy with limiting Jacobs and their running game to under a 100. Still not happy with the pass D though. 345 yards passing allowed, our DBs getting burnt deep, and Carr still ended up with a 70+ QBR. That said, Moore made that critical INT that had that been a TD, the complexion of the game would have been different. 

I'm happy happy happy too. Huge win. Having the tie breaker over LVR is big. IMO, losing that game (out of all the games left) would have killed our chances. There's never a good loss, but losing for instance to Pitt, is much better than losing to LVR, a team that would have basically been tied with us and another team (in addition to Cleveland and Balt) to own a tie breaker. Given how well our O is playing, and how Pitt is playing now, I like our chances in two weeks more and more.

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm most happy with limiting Jacobs and their running game to under a 100. Still not happy with the pass D though. 345 yards passing allowed, our DBs getting burnt deep, and Carr still ended up with a 70+ QBR. That said, Moore made that critical INT that had that been a TD, the complexion of the game would have been different. 

I'm happy happy happy too. Huge win. Having the tie breaker over LVR is big. IMO, losing that game (out of all the games left) would have killed our chances. There's never a good loss, but losing for instance to Pitt, is much better than losing to LVR, a team that would have basically been tied with us and another team (in addition to Cleveland and Balt) to own a tie breaker. Given how well our O is playing, and how Pitt is playing now, I like our chances in two weeks more and more.

Agreed, we cannot lose Xavier moving foward (scary!).
I hope Blackmon stop's going "all in" on every play also, he's getting more wrong that right recent weeks.

Offense is clicking, best unit 3 weeks in a row. Rivers is getting right all the time on audibles, experience to overcome imobility is working.

23 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

Agreed, we cannot lose Xavier moving foward (scary!).

Yup, he's easily our best DB. Not even close IMO in terms of all around performance and consistency. The move to Indy has really rejuvenated the guy. 

I hope Blackmon stop's going "all in" on every play also, he's getting more wrong that right recent weeks.

Yeah, it's a tough situation with him. His aggressive forward play makes for incredible downhill moments, but also can kill our D on one play. I'm sure he'd getting the right coaching, and just hope he can find the right balance. As teams get more tape on him, and as he continues to have oops moments on the backend, more and more teams will test him. I said early on his best position would be SS, and I still believe that. I think he could be a top 5-10 guy at that position. Hope I'm wrong and he can mature at the FS spot because he's the only option right now. Long term, it'll be interesting.

Offense is clicking, best unit 3 weeks in a row. Rivers is getting right all the time on audibles, experience to overcome immobility is working.

Yup. Just need the D to come along at the same time. If the O can continue their level of play, and the D can wake up, we'd be very very dangerous in the playoffs. Pitt and KC are looking vulnerable at times.

Archived