Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Two rule changes for 2021 I’d love to see

coltsfeva

1.Onside kicks - players are the kicking team can position themselves 1 or 2 yards closer to the required 10 yards needed. Only the kicker needs to be 10 yards from where the ball needs to go.

You could still choose the 4th and 15 Option, but to me, this is a simpler way of increasing the opportunity of a recovery, without "izing the game.

2. Player 16 Game Requirement  (17 game season) 

No player should be active for all 17 games, they are required to miss one game as either an active scratch or another existing designation. 

I know there would be issues to work out but this change could:

Keep the 16 game season records relevant 

Add a strategic element of when to rest a player to challenge coaches 

Enhance the possibility of player safety for the season

Allow for NFL teams to have their 17 game revenue.

Thoughts?

31 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

would you have at least one starter miss each game or have all starters miss the same game? 

It would be interesting to see how coaches handled it. You would obviously want your best players for the last game of the season, unless it means nothing.

The ideal scenario would be to have 1st seed locked up, prior to the last game

Don’t think I would rest all my starters, in the same game.

On 8/31/2020 at 12:00 PM, Fluke_33 said:

would you have at least one starter miss each game or have all starters miss the same game? 

I think teams would spread it around.    The Colts could sit Mack for one game, Taylor for another and Hines for another.  

I like this idea quite a bit.  Since stats are such a huge part of players getting into the HOF and such, it would keep them equal a bit more.  

Archived