Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Questions on 2020 Offense - Poll and Discussion

EastStreet

Question about the 2020 Offense  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most likely to occur on our offense in 2020?

• Rivers is top 10 in passing yards (~4000 or more yards)
    • Rivers is top 10 in QBR (~60 or better)
    • Mack is top 10 in rushing yards (~1100 yards or better)
    • Taylor is top 10 in rushing yards (~1100 yards or better)
    • Mack and Taylor combine for 2000 or more rushing yards
    • TY is top 10 in receiving yards (~1200 yards or better)
    • Pittman is top 10 in receiving yards (~1200 yards or better)
    • Campbell is top 10 in receiving yards (~1200 yards or better)
    • Hines is a top 5 receiving RB (~500 yards or better)
    • Doyle is a top 7 receiving TE (~700 yards or better)
    • MAC or Burton is a top 7 receiving TE (~700 yards or better)
  2. 2. (Pick 2) Assuming we keep 6 WRs, and assuming TY, Pittman, Campbell, and Pascal are locks, who are WRs #5 and #6?

• Fountain
    • Dulin
    • Patmon
    • Johnson
    • Williams
    • Scott
    • Harris
  3. 3. Assuming we only keep 4 RBs, and assuming Mack, Taylor, and Hines are locks at RB, who is the 4th RB?

• Wilkins
    • Nix
    • Anderson
    • None, we only keep 3

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/30/2020 at 08:09 PM

I picked:

1. Rivers being top 10 (60 or better) QBR. He was 60+ in 2017 and 2018, and now has a much better OL, and a better scheme/coach.

2. Fountain and Dulin as the 5th and 6th WR. Dulin was fantastic as a returner last year, and has great measurables. Fountain also has great measurables and was looking great before injury last year. Both have position flexibility too.

3. I picked Nix here, but really torn. I can see them keeping Nix for the 3rd and short stuff, but I could also see them cutting him after signing Burton, who is as much FB-like as TE. I'd hate to see Wilkins go, but his value to a huge hit when we brought on Taylor. Depending on injuries in other places, I could see us only keep 3 to be honest.

I think this will be a good team and we won't be trailing a ton so I doubt Rivers will have to throw a ton but I think his QBR will be high. I actually think he might have 4K season, but I think the QBR is more likely. I don't feel great picking any of the rest of the options. 

On Q2 - Dulin for special teams and Marcus Johnson(familiarity with the coaching staff and experience in the NFL)

Q3: Nix, I think Wilkins becomes very redundant with Taylor and Mack. Nix provides something different. 

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

I think this will be a good team and we won't be trailing a ton so I doubt Rivers will have to throw a ton but I think his QBR will be high. I actually think he might have 4K season, but I think the QBR is more likely. I don't feel great picking any of the rest of the options. 

On Q2 - Dulin for special teams and Marcus Johnson(familiarity with the coaching staff and experience in the NFL)

Q3: Nix, I think Wilkins becomes very redundant with Taylor and Mack. Nix provides something different. 

I don't disagree with anything, and agree the 2nd two Qs were hard. I like Johnson, but I just think Fountain, if healthy, has a higher upside. I also like Patmon, but think he needs a year on the PS refining technique and routes.

I'd like to keep Nix too, but I also think he might be a bit redundant given Burton is a FB like TE, and brings more versatility. 

And personally, I think Rivers ends up being top 10 in both yards and QBR, especially if TY and Campbell stay healthy.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I picked:

1. Rivers being top 10 (60 or better) QBR. He was 60+ in 2017 and 2018, and now has a much better OL, and a better scheme/coach.

2. Fountain and Dulin as the 5th and 6th WR. Dulin was fantastic as a returner last year, and has great measurables. Fountain also has great measurables and was looking great before injury last year. Both have position flexibility too.

3. I picked Nix here, but really torn. I can see them keeping Nix for the 3rd and short stuff, but I could also see them cutting him after signing Burton, who is as much FB-like as TE. I'd hate to see Wilkins go, but his value to a huge hit when we brought on Taylor. Depending on injuries in other places, I could see us only keep 3 to be honest.

I agree with your first 2 on the voting but went with Wilkins on the 3rd one. That 3rd one is dicey. I do think Rivers can achieve a 60 QBR and I like Fountain and Dulin.

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree with your first 2 on the voting but went with Wilkins on the 3rd one. That 3rd one is dicey. I do think Rivers can achieve a 60 QBR and I like Fountain and Dulin.

I like Wilkins. Very solid depth. The more I think about it, I think we cut Nix given the Burton signing. I actually would bet we only keep 3 RBs on the roster, and protect another one on the PS. It's a good problem to have if I'm honest.

I'm really drinking the koolaid on Dulin right now lol. I could be totally wrong though. I've always liked Fountain, and just hope he's recovered fully and ready to compete. Both those guys have a lot of upside. Dulin was crazy good at returns last year. Only returned 3, but had the best average on the team. Hines was really good on PRs too. STs should be much improved this year. I doubt we'll see a lot of Pascal returning this year.

1 hour ago, stitches said:

This is exactly where I landed as well. On the first question, I was torn between Rivers QBR (which I wound up selecting) and Doyle catching more than 700 yards. Rivers loves his TEs and Doyle's already developed a rapport with him before training camp started.

1 minute ago, Dogg63 said:

This is exactly where I landed as well. On the first question, I was torn between Rivers QBR (which I wound up selecting) and Doyle catching more than 700 yards. Rivers loves his TEs and Doyle's already developed a rapport with him before training camp started.

I think Rivers will love his toys given the improved OL he has this year. I could literally see any of TY, Campbell, Pittman, Doyle, or Hines (as all purpose receiving) having pro bowl type years. Just need a little luck on the health side. Given Rivers is new to all of them, he very well could form a connection with any one of them.

Archived