Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fantasy team 2020

CR91

This is the team I'm getting. Tell me what you think.

Team 10 non-ppr

QB- Wilson, Rodgers

RB - Henry, Aaron Jones, Ingram, Michel

WR - Cooper, Lockett, Chark, Ruggs, Hardmon

TE - Gronk, Hooper

D - Ravens

K - Lutz

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, CR91 said:

This is the team I'm getting. Tell me what you think.

Team 10 non-ppr

QB- Wilson, Rodgers

RB - Henry, Aaron Jones, Ingram, Michel

WR - Cooper, Lockett, Chark, Ruggs, Hardmon

TE - Gronk, Hooper

D - Ravens

K - Lutz

That is a very good team, you should do well. You will have to pick what weeks you play Wilson and Rodgers, just guess right.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2020 at 3:36 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is a very good team, you should do well. You will have to pick what weeks you play Wilson and Rodgers, just guess right.

So I drafted today

QB - Murray, Big Ben

RB - Henry, Gurley, Connor, Bredia

WR - Adams, Godwin, Chark, Marquise Brown, Ruggs

TE - Engram, Hockenson

D - Ravens

Not bad if my back's stay healthy

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

So I drafted today

QB - Murray, Big Ben

RB - Henry, Gurley, Connor, Bredia

WR - Adams, Godwin, Chark, Marquise Brown, Ruggs

TE - Engram, Hockenson

D - Ravens

Not bad if my back's stay healthy

Your QB tandem is good if Ben can stay healthy. Murray should have a good year statistically having Hopkins. I like your WR's and your D. I had Henry last year, he was a awesome. If he can do for you what he did for me, you will do really well.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Your QB tandem is good if Ben can stay healthy. Murray should have a good year statistically having Hopkins. I like your WR's and your D. I had Henry last year, he was a awesome. If he can do for you what he did for me, you will do really well.

Agreed. I just need Gurley and Connor to stay healthy and I have a solid squad imo

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I will be curious to see how much Gurley has left in the tank. If he plays near what he was you will be in real good shape. A change of scenery may be what he needs?

If Gurley can give me say 8-11 points a game, I'll take that. I'm not expecting RB1 numbers

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, CR91 said:

@2006Coltsbestever I'm think of benching Gurley for Joshua Kelley vs the Panthers. Eleker will obviously get the majority of snaps, but I think with Herbert starting, Chargers will lean on their run game. Also Gurley has been pretty underwhelming so far and I'm not too big on his matchup vs the bears. What do you think?

Yeah I would probably go with that although I think the Falcons will beat the Bears. Gurley might play well. That is a tough one. I am 50/50 on it. @Jared Cisneros might have some input on this as well. Tough call.

6 hours ago, CR91 said:

@2006Coltsbestever I'm think of benching Gurley for Joshua Kelley vs the Panthers. Eleker will obviously get the majority of snaps, but I think with Herbert starting, Chargers will lean on their run game. Also Gurley has been pretty underwhelming so far and I'm not too big on his matchup vs the bears. What do you think?

I would start Kelley over Gurley. Kelley is the clear no2 behind Eckler and he got 23 carries last week Vs KC. He also gets the goal-line carries. Gurley in comparision, is taken out when in the red zone, and Matt Ryan usually throws for most of the TDs the Falcons get anyway. Gurley is an rb that gets the most useless of carries from a fantasy perspective. Use Kelley and his 20 carries against a terrible Carolina run defense. You'll probably get around 100 yds and a td.

• 2 months later...

@2006Coltsbestever @Jared CisnerosCisneros 

Hey. Need some advice. I'm in the semi finals in my league and I'm considering benching Murray for Herbert. Murray is playing the Rams and Herbert is playing the Patriots. Murray since injuring his shoulder, is not running which is taking a lot of his fantasy appeal away and the Rams have a top 5 defense. Herbert against the Patriots worries me though because Rookies that play BBs defense struggle.

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Hey. Need some advice. I'm in the semi finals in my league and I'm considering benching Murray for Herbert. Murray is playing the Rams and Herbert is playing the Patriots. Murray since injuring his shoulder, is not running which is taking a lot of his fantasy appeal away and the Rams have a top 5 defense. Herbert against the Patriots worries me though because Rookies that play BBs defense struggle.

It's a tough matchup either way. I'd go Herbert probably as I agree Murray has struggled a lot lately. With Eckler back, I think the Chargers will move the ball better and it will benefit them Vs the Pats. Plus, Ramsey will be on Hopkins and Gilmore has been pretty ineffective this year so Allen should be fine. Herbert is no ordinary rookie. Even Flacco did ok Vs the Pats, I think Murray is just having trouble right now. Go with Herbert!:thmup:

19 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's a tough matchup either way. I'd go Herbert probably as I agree Murray has struggled a lot lately. With Eckler back, I think the Chargers will move the ball better and it will benefit them Vs the Pats. Plus, Ramsey will be on Hopkins and Gilmore has been pretty ineffective this year so Allen should be fine. Herbert is no ordinary rookie. Even Flacco did ok Vs the Pats, I think Murray is just having trouble right now. Go with Herbert!:thmup:

You don't think BBs record vs Rookie QBs should be factored in?

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

You don't think BBs record vs Rookie QBs should be factored in?

A little, but not as much with this Pats team. The only constant is Belichick. Brady is gone, the team is barren on defense besides Gilmore, and Herbert is better than most Rookie QBs. I don't think Belichick will be able to just shut him down like most other rookie QBs. He also has weapons on offense to help out and Eckler is back in the run game now. I think Herbert is good for 20 points in fantasy, maybe a bit more.

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

A little, but not as much with this Pats team. The only constant is Belichick. Brady is gone, the team is barren on defense besides Gilmore, and Herbert is better than most Rookie QBs. I don't think Belichick will be able to just shut him down like most other rookie QBs. He also has weapons on offense to help out and Eckler is back in the run game now. I think Herbert is good for 20 points in fantasy, maybe a bit more.

Thanks for your advice :thmup:

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

That is an early playoffs, in week 13.

One thing I have learnt is not take the "go with the guns that got you there" advice at every single position. Last year, Carson Wentz was my QB and because I kept winning with Mark Ingram, Chris Carson, Austin Ekeler and Michael Thomas last year, I ignored the productivity I could have gotten more out of the QB position. In the championship game, there were better options with guys that were hot going in, like Ryan Fitzpatrick that I ignored. Fitzpatrick scored twice as much as Carson Wentz and would have won the championship game for me in Week 16, he was going against the Bengals. If you remember, he took down the Patriots on the road in week 17 to give the Chiefs the bye week as a #2 seed and the rest is history.

Lo behold, he is going against the Bengals in week 13 this year. You know where I am heading with this - if he is available, and starts over Tua, I would fire him up since he is good for 2-3 good streaky games and he just started with 1 with the Jets. The way his defense is playing, he should get plenty of opportunities vs the Bengals and TDs too. The fact that he got benched for Tua despite playing well will give him an extra chip on his shoulder to prove folks wrong and not turn it over to give an excuse for another benching.

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

That is an early playoffs, in week 13.

One thing I have learnt is not take the "go with the guns that got you there" advice at every single position. Last year, Carson Wentz was my QB and because I kept winning with Mark Ingram, Chris Carson, Austin Ekeler and Michael Thomas last year, I ignored the productivity I could have gotten more out of the QB position. In the championship game, there were better options with guys that were hot going in, like Ryan Fitzpatrick that I ignored. Fitzpatrick scored twice as much as Carson Wentz and would have won the championship game for me in Week 16, he was going against the Bengals. If you remember, he took down the Patriots on the road in week 17 to give the Chiefs the bye week as a #2 seed and the rest is history.

Lo behold, he is going against the Bengals in week 13 this year. You know where I am heading with this - if he is available, and starts over Tua, I would fire him up since he is good for 2-3 good streaky games and he just started with 1 with the Jets. The way his defense is playing, he should get plenty of opportunities vs the Bengals and TDs too. The fact that he got benched for Tua despite playing well will give him an extra chip on his shoulder to prove folks wrong and not turn it over to give an excuse for another benching.

I don't know. That's risky especially if Flores wants to pull him. It's not like Fitz had a great game vs the jets.

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

I don't know. That's risky especially if Flores wants to pull him. It's not like Fitz had a great game vs the jets.

Is Kirk Cousins available then? He has thrown for 3 TDs at home the last 2 times he has played at home and gets the Jaguars at home next. I am certain he will deliver.

32 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Is Kirk Cousins available then? He has thrown for 3 TDs at home the last 2 times he has played at home and gets the Jaguars at home next. I am certain he will deliver.

No. He's not available

25 minutes ago, CR91 said:

No. He's not available

If that is the case, Herbert is your best bet due to the fact he spreads it around. Belichick takes out the top 2 options and it always ends up the 3rd option or the RB that does damage. Herbert, though he prefers Keenan Allen, is willing to go Henry or his RB for his passing TDs, so Herbert is the better bet than Murray. 

8 hours ago, CR91 said:

Just now seeing this but I agree with @Jared Cisneros, I would roll with Herbert.

22 hours ago, CR91 said:

I still have this sneaky suspicion Fitz will go off. But I understand your concern, I have that every time his name comes up on a plus matchup while I am in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I still have this sneaky suspicion Fitz will go off. But I understand your concern, I have that every time his name comes up on a plus matchup while I am in the playoffs.

If this was a regular season game, I'd consider it, but not in the playoffs. Also my opponent has Keenan Allen so I can cap whatever he gets with Herbert

@2006Coltsbestever @Jared CisnerosCisneros @chad72

I'm thinking of benching Hopkins for David Johnson who I just picked up on Waivers. Hopkins hasn't really done anything outside the hail mary in weeks and Johnson is playing the colts and with Fuller suspended, one less mouth to feed. Also I might have found a solution to my QB problem as someone dropped Taysom Hill. I put a claim

8 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I'm thinking of benching Hopkins for David Johnson who I just picked up on Waivers. Hopkins hasn't really done anything outside the hail mary in weeks and Johnson is playing the colts and with Fuller suspended, one less mouth to feed. Also I might have found a solution to my QB problem as someone dropped Taysom Hill. I put a claim

I wouldn't do this. Hopkins is still a no1 WR and David Johnson probably won't run for much at all against the Colts with Buckner and Autry back. I realize Hopkins is going against Ramsey, but you have to trust him. It's more of Kyler Murray being hurt then Hopkins tbh. Use Hopkins.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I wouldn't do this. Hopkins is still a no1 WR and David Johnson probably won't run for much at all against the Colts with Buckner and Autry back. I realize Hopkins is going against Ramsey, but you have to trust him. It's more of Kyler Murray being hurt then Hopkins tbh. Use Hopkins.

Even Metcalf and Lockett had bad games along with Wilson and Murray is still hurt.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

I am having Tim Tebow flashbacks with Taysom Hill, to be honest. You have to hope the Saints' defense gives him enough short fields. His passing leaves a lot to be desired. You said you don't want to take the chance on Fitzpatrick, this game is at Atlanta who are stout against the run and playing him twice in 3 weeks. Remember what happened when the Titans played us twice in 3 weeks??? The newness has worn off and there is more film on his tendencies. Don't tell me I did not warn you. :) 

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I am having Tim Tebow flashbacks with Taysom Hill, to be honest. You have to hope the Saints' defense gives him enough short fields. His passing leaves a lot to be desired. You said you don't want to take the chance on Fitzpatrick, this game is at Atlanta who are stout against the run and playing him twice in 3 weeks. Remember what happened when the Titans played us twice in 3 weeks??? The newness has worn off and there is more film on his tendencies. Don't tell me I did not warn you. :) 

Broncos had film and he scored two tds. I don't see where you're getting stout and falcons defense. They have been terrible all year.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@CR91, as usual @Jared Cisnerosbeat me to the punch. Just now seeing this but I agree with Jared I play Hopkins no matter what or who he is playing. One of the reasons why I won my league in 2018 was because of him (I had Luck as well lol) but he hasn't lost a step in 2020 compared to then. 

Take away the hail mary and Hopkins has averaged 5 points in standard leagues the last month, he's going up against the top defense in football vs Ramsey, and Murray is still nursing his shoulder. Even Metcalf and Lockett struggled.

35 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Take away the hail mary and Hopkins has averaged 5 points in standard leagues the last month, he's going up against the top defense in football vs Ramsey, and Murray is still nursing his shoulder. Even Metcalf and Lockett struggled.

True but he is still capable of having a huge Fantasy day. I would still play him. 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

True but he is still capable of having a huge Fantasy day. I would still play him. 

I know, but I just don't see it. I just think David Johnson is the better option. The colts have given up 8 tds to RBs in the last 4 games.

26 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I know, but I just don't see it. I just think David Johnson is the better option. The colts have given up 8 tds to RBs in the last 4 games.

Henry is a big part of that because of last week scoring 3, to me he is best RB in football. Buckner is back this week too. Hopkins has had a couple of off weeks so he may have a big Sunday - law of averages. Rams do have a solid Defense so he may not but if it was me I would still play him.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Henry is a big part of that because of last week scoring 3, to me he is best RB in football. Buckner is back this week too. Hopkins has had a couple of off weeks so he may have a big Sunday - law of averages. Rams do have a solid Defense so he may not but if it was me I would still play him.

Jones and williams scored. Foreman and Gus Edwards. Not exactly marquee RBs outside Jones.

19 hours ago, CR91 said:

Broncos had film and he scored two tds. I don't see where you're getting stout and falcons defense. They have been terrible all year.

Broncos didn’t have a QB to put up points whatsoever. Matt Ryan with a healthy Julio Jones and Ridley at home will be a different proposition. Falcons have not given up rushing production as much throughout the year, look it up. You have to beat them through the air and that’s where my doubts are with Taysom Hill.

Go ahead and play Taysom Hill and we can touch base after the game.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Broncos didn’t have a QB to put up points whatsoever. Matt Ryan with a healthy Julio Jones and Ridley at home will be a different proposition. Falcons have not given up rushing production as much throughout the year, look it up. You have to beat them through the air and that’s where my doubts are with Taysom Hill.

Go ahead and play Taysom Hill and we can touch base after the game.

And the saints defense shut them down just two weeks ago. In fact, Matt Ryan vs the saints the last three games has put up below average stats.

24 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It’s your decision bro, you make your bed. :) 

Lol. You're acting like falcons are a good defense. Even if I went with Fitz, there is no guarantee he finishes the game with Tua back from injury.

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

Lol. You're acting like falcons are a good defense. Even if I went with Fitz, there is no guarantee he finishes the game with Tua back from injury.

Again, it’s your team. You asked for input, I gave it. You don’t have to agree or convince me otherwise. :thmup:

Archived