Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fantasy team 2020

CR91

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, CR91 said:

Hey my way might be unconventional, but I make it work

Hey, just wanted to let you know that while Falcons don’t give much rushing production and TDs  to RBs, they lead the league in giving up rushing production to QBs, so fire Taysom Hill up.

Just verified the stat for rushing QBs specifically. Good luck!!!

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Hey, just wanted to let you know that while Falcons don’t give much rushing production and TDs  to RBs, they lead the league in giving up rushing production to QBs, so fire Taysom Hill up.

Just verified the stat for rushing QBs specifically. Good luck!!!

So far so go. Hill has 18 and David Johnson has 9

35 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Overall, It seems I was right. Herbert had a dismal game while Hill got 23. David Johnson was only outscored by Hopkins by 1

Belichick and his ability to coach defense amazes me. Brady, I bet misses that. Good call with Hill.

Was it a standard league? Otherwise in a half-PPR league, Hopkins got 15.4 and DJ 10.4

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Belichick and his ability to coach defense amazes me. Brady, I bet misses that. Good call with Hill.

Was it a standard league? Otherwise in a half-PPR league, Hopkins got 15.4 and DJ 10.4

No. It's standard. Hopkins got 11. Johnson 10

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

It's a two week playoff game. Today was the first week.

Me - 91

Still left - Mostert and Ravens D

Him - 72

Still left - Big Ben and Ebron

Hmm...never heard of 2 week playoffs. Good luck man on Monday and Tuesday. :) 

On 12/6/2020 at 8:50 PM, chad72 said:

Hmm...never heard of 2 week playoffs. Good luck man on Monday and Tuesday. :) 

Ugh so yea Mostert and the Ravens d didn't help. We're tied and honestly I'm a bit nervous. I think his matchups are better then mine.

@chad72

I need to decide between Gurley, Conner, and Mostert. I can only start one

Gurley vs Chargers

I like this matchup the best as I think this game has shootout written all over it, but Gurley's workload concerns me.

Mostert vs washington

I honestly don't think their run defense is as good as it is in the standings, however Mostert losing goaline carries to both Jeff Wilson and Tevin Coleman is a big concern.

Conner vs Bills

The Steelers honestly annoy the hell out of me because even when Conner is running well, their still throwing 50 times. Not to mention, before he went on covid Snell took two tds from Conner on the goaline.

On 12/6/2020 at 10:57 PM, CR91 said:

Overall, It seems I was right. Herbert had a dismal game while Hill got 23. David Johnson was only outscored by Hopkins by 1

yeah I guess the Hopkins/Johnson pretty much offset one another. I said take Hopkins, I would just never bench him and he did get 1 more point but as long as you win that is all that matters :thmup:

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

yeah I guess the Hopkins/Johnson pretty much offset one another. I said take Hopkins, I would just never bench him and he did get 1 more point but as long as you win that is all that matters :thmup:

I'm tied at the moment. It's a two week playoff game. I'm actually trying to figure out who to start with the post above you.

13 minutes ago, CR91 said:

@chad72

Gurley vs Chargers

I like this matchup the best as I think this game has shootout written all over it, but Gurley's workload concerns me.

Mostert vs washington

I honestly don't think their run defense is as good as it is in the standings, however Mostert losing goaline carries to both Jeff Wilson and Tevin Coleman is a big concern.

Conner vs Bills

The Steelers honestly annoy the hell out of me because even when Conner is running well, their still throwing 50 times. Not to mention, before he went on covid Snell took two tds from Conner on the goaline.

I like the Gurley matchup the best as well but doesn't he have a banged up knee?

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like the Gurley matchup the best as well but doesn't he have a banged up knee?

Yea that's my concern, but Gurley seems pretty upbeat about playing and Raheem Moore mentioned Gurley will get his regular workload. Course I take all that with a grain of salt.

13 hours ago, CR91 said:

@chad72

Gurley vs Chargers

Mostert vs washington

Conner vs Bills

The issue with the Steelers is a) they are pass happy even if the opponent's weakness is run D and b) they give up ton of passing yardage due to which it will be competitive enough that they will keep passing.

Mostert vs Redskins, that is a tough front to run against. 

Gurley vs Chargers seems the most logical option here because of the amount of points the Chargers D gives up consistently and the Falcons will be able to move the ball on them leading to enough goal line opportunities.

Is Mike Davis still available in your league? CMC missed another practice with the thigh contusion he picked up last week on top of rehabbing from the shoulder injury, could mean nothing but look for news about Friday practice. Mike Davis, if D J Moore misses due to Covid, with just Robby Anderson and Curtis Samuel active, could offer a decent floor as well being an extension of the passing game. 

23 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The issue with the Steelers is a) they are pass happy even if the opponent's weakness is run D and b) they give up ton of passing yardage due to which it will be competitive enough that they will keep passing.

Mostert vs Redskins, that is a tough front to run against. 

Gurley vs Chargers seems the most logical option here because of the amount of points the Chargers D gives up consistently and the Falcons will be able to move the ball on them leading to enough goal line opportunities.

Is Mike Davis still available in your league? CMC missed another practice with the thigh contusion he picked up last week on top of rehabbing from the shoulder injury, could mean nothing but look for news about Friday practice. Mike Davis, if D J Moore misses due to Covid, with just Robby Anderson and Curtis Samuel active, could offer a decent floor as well being an extension of the passing game. 

No. He's still owned.

14 hours ago, CR91 said:

Think I might be in trouble. Rams d got him 27, but the good news is he also started Woods who only got 3.

I went against Rams D too in a standard league, down 21. Hoping for my team to come through:

His team - Herbert, Robby Anderson, Allen Robinson, Kamara, RoJo, Ekeler, Fant, Prater and Rams

My team - Lamar, Lockett, Justin Jefferson, Zeke, James Robinson, Melvin Gordon, Mark Andrews, Younghoe Koo and WFT Defense.

Needless to say it will come down to Lamar Jackson and Mark Andrews on MNF.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

I went against Rams D too in a standard league, down 21. Hoping for my team to come through:

His team - Herbert, Robby Anderson, Allen Robinson, Kamara, RoJo, Ekeler, Fant, Prater and Rams

My team - Lamar, Lockett, Justin Jefferson, Zeke, James Robinson, Melvin Gordon, Mark Andrews, Younghoe Koo and WFT Defense.

Needless to say it will come down to Lamar Jackson and Mark Andrews on MNF.

Zeke is questionable. Pick up Pollard.

30 minutes ago, CR91 said:

@chad72 I won. I'm onto the championship, but man the person I'm playing is insanely stacked. It won't be easy. Lucky for me, I think my matchups are better.

Yeah, I need 53 points in a standard league between Lamar Jackson and Mark Andrews, fat chance of that happening. Probably out in 1 league.

When every single one of Lockett, Jefferson, Zeke, James Robinson and Melvin Gordon go without a TD, you are screwed. My only saving grace was I played the WFT defense that got me 23 points. Oh well!!! I was 2 time back-to-back champ at my work, I guess the trophy will go to someone else in the office now. :) 

The guy that is on a roll now has Watson, Tyreek Hill, Evans, Chubb, Montgomery, Waller and JuJu plus the Colts kicker and D. 

Yeah, I need 53 points in a standard league between Lamar Jackson and Mark Andrews, fat chance of that happening. Probably out in 1 league.

When every single one of Lockett, Jefferson, Zeke, James Robinson and Melvin Gordon go without a TD, you are screwed. My only saving grace was I played the WFT defense that got me 23 points. Oh well!!! I was 2 time back-to-back champ at my work, I guess the trophy will go to someone else in the office now. :) 

I don't know. If Lamar hits Andrews in the end zone a few times, it'll get interesting.

10 hours ago, CR91 said:

I don't know. If Lamar hits Andrews in the end zone a few times, it'll get interesting.

Fell short by 10 points, one missed connection from Lamar to Andrews in quarter 2 for a TD would have done it. Any connection from Lamar to Andrews for a TD would have done it. 

Lamar missing almost 12 minutes with cramps cost me as well. It is what it is!!!

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Fell short by 10 points, one missed connection from Lamar to Andrews in quarter 2 for a TD would have done it. Any connection from Lamar to Andrews for a TD would have done it. 

Lamar missing almost 12 minutes with cramps cost me as well. It is what it is!!!

You're out of the playoffs?

@chad72

I picked up Gus Edwards. He's playing the Jags. I got Michael Thomas in a trade and he's done ok. Decent numbers, but now he's playing the chiefs and they haven't allowed a lot of WR1 numbers. Then again, the Ravens backfield is just as hard to predict as the 49ers.

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

@chad72

I picked up Gus Edwards. He's playing the Jags. I got Michael Thomas in a trade and he's done ok. Decent numbers, but now he's playing the chiefs and they haven't allowed a lot of WR1 numbers. Then again, the Ravens backfield is just as hard to predict as the 49ers.

He seems to be their goal line back more so than Dobbins for the most part. He is very efficient with his carries too, you should do good there. Michael Thomas may not be a good play this week, IMO, mainly because of Taysom Hill's accuracy against a good secondary that plays tight coverage. Hopefully he can get a TD to make up for the lack of yards. 

The Saints game plan will be to keep Mahomes on the sidelines with their run game primarily, IMO.

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

@CR91 @Jared Cisneros - is Jeff Wilson a better play than Gallman this weekend?

With Mostert's injury and the fact that the Ravens ran rough shod on the Cowboys, and with the possibility of Gallman being used less if the Giants trail the Browns, I am thinking he might get the same or more than Gallman this weekend.

Thoughts???

I would make sure first with Mostert before using Wilson. Honestly I have Mostert and it's a mess trying to predict who gets carries.

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

@CR91 @Jared Cisneros - is Jeff Wilson a better play than Gallman this weekend?

With Mostert's injury and the fact that the Ravens ran rough shod on the Cowboys, and with the possibility of Gallman being used less if the Giants trail the Browns, I am thinking he might get the same or more than Gallman this weekend.

Thoughts???

If Mostert is out, I love Jeff Wilson. If he plays, go with Gallman. Cowboys have a terrible run defense though.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

If Mostert is out, I love Jeff Wilson. If he plays, go with Gallman. Cowboys have a terrible run defense though.

With Gallman, my fear is negative game script like last week which renders him mediocre. It is almost better with Daniel Jones' injury that Colt McCoy start, keeping the game manageable and run game a factor.

49ers offense is down to Mostert and Wilson as their primary ball carriers right now and a competitive game is almost guaranteed vs the Cowboys unlike the Giants vs Browns, IMO.

However, we all know the history of Kyle Shanahan and his RBs. :) 

Just now, chad72 said:

With Gallman, my fear is negative game script which renders him mediocre. 49ers offense is down to Mostert and Wilson as their primary ball carriers right now and a competitive game is almost guaranteed vs the Cowboys unlike the Giants vs Browns, IMO.

However, we all know the history of Kyle Shanahan and his RBs. :) 

Yeah, I picked up Jeff Wilson in a league. Waiting to see if Mostert plays. The 49ers will be in a competitive game with the Cowboys, so Wilson is fine if Mostert is in, but I think the Giants have a good defense and still have something to play for in a weak NFC East. Wilson is much better if Mostert is out, if he plays, it's close, and it's up to personal preference if you think the Browns will dominate the Giants. If you think that, go with Wilson regardless.

Mediocre 2nd string RBs - who do I drop? Latavius Murray, Jamaal Williams, Leonard Fournette - half-PPR league.

I am thinking Fournette, mainly because even if the starter RoJo goes down, he will NEVER become the featured guy for more than 1 series, IMO with LeSean McCoy and KeShawn Vaughn on the roster. The other guys become instant starters if Kamara or Aaron Jones go down, IMO.

@CR91 @Jared Cisneros

12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Mediocre 2nd string RBs - who do I drop? Latavius Murray, Jamaal Williams, Leonard Fournette - half-PPR league.

I am thinking Fournette, mainly because even if the starter RoJo goes down, he will NEVER become the featured guy for more than 1 series, IMO with LeSean McCoy and KeShawn Vaughn on the roster. The other guys become instant starters if Kamara or Aaron Jones go down, IMO.

@CR91 @Jared Cisneros

Yeah, drop Fournette. He was even a healthy scratch last week. Easy choice. :) 

10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah, drop Fournette. He was even a healthy scratch last week. Easy choice. :) 

Just as I read this, Ronald Jones just got placed on the Covid list, wow!!! I am adding LeSean McCoy now.

10 days from now, they play the Detroit Lions. RoJo probably does not clear protocol, IMO.

Hollywood Brown is also on Covid protocol now.

Just as I read this, Ronald Jones just got placed on the Covid list, wow!!! I am adding LeSean McCoy now.

10 days from now, they play the Detroit Lions. RoJo probably does not clear protocol, IMO.

Hollywood Brown is also on Covid protocol now.

Wow! Interesting. Good job jumping on that!

Archived