Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Mock Draft V2.0

Round 1: QB Andrew Luck, Stanford

Round 2: TE Coby Fleener, Stanford

Round 3: CB Casey Hayward, Vanderbilt

Round 4: WR Dwight Jones, North Carolina/WR Tommy Streeter, Miami/WR AJ Jenkins, Illinois - depends who's available.

Round 4 Compensation: NT Nicholas Jean-Baptiste, Baylor

Round 5: DE/DT Kheeston Randall, Texas

Round 6: RB Tauren Poole, Tennessee

Round 6 Compensation: OL Donald Stephenson, Oklahoma

Round 7: DE/OLB Cordarro Law, Southern Mississippi

Thoughts?

I would rather take another WR in the second, and a TE in the 5th or 6th.

with reggie still on the team, wr need has dropped. we need a TE and he is not only a gronk and graham sized TE but also a familiar target for luck

Even if Tamme doesn't resign? The only WR's that will be available at the top of the second are Randle and Sanu I think...

with reggie still on the team, wr need has dropped. we need a TE and he is not only a gronk and graham sized TE but also a familiar target for luck

Even if Tamme doesn't resign? The only WR's that will be available at the top of the second are Randle and Sanu I think...

No WR need is still HUGE. We need another slot and a #2 guy. Ur gonna trust a 4th rounder as a #2? TEs are easier to get late than WR. I would like an elite TE, but that's a luxury. If we sign Early Doucet, we can wait until the 4th, and then I would take fleener, but otherwise I want Randle, Sanu, Wright, or Jeffery.

Fleener will not be available at the top of the 2nd round. I would be stunned if he isn't picked up somewhere between picks 15 and 32. After the success of the Patriots TE pair and the other major contributions from the leading TE's in the league the value of this position has increased over the last few years. In years past TE was a 4th round or below...now the best are taken in the first 3 rounds and Fleener is the top rated TE in this draft. We would be better off looking for a solid WR at the #34 spot. I think some of these picks move up a round and an OG gets put in there somewhere.

No WR need is still HUGE. We need another slot and a #2 guy. Ur gonna trust a 4th rounder as a #2? TEs are easier to get late than WR. I would like an elite TE, but that's a luxury. If we sign Early Doucet, we can wait until the 4th, and then I would take fleener, but otherwise I want Randle, Sanu, Wright, or Jeffery.

you do know we still have collie

I agree, we also have no depth. I still feel that WR is our biggest need. Reggie is good and Collie is good in slot, but one bad hit could make him quit while he's ahead, or while he has a head lol...

What? No offensive linemen?

If it were me, I would draft offensive line and defensive line to build the foundation for later years. You can always draft skills players later.

Edit: I guess I missed the 6th rd pick. Would still concentrate earlier picks on linemen, however.

Id draft an offensive linemen in 5th round, we have other bigger needs at this point, alot of our problems on the line were do to injuries, Id go

1Luck

2Gilmore if hes their

3,Ta'amu

Respectfully disagree. We won't be SB-bound for at least 3-4 years, so you don't have to get those big skills players right now. But you have to protect your franchise QB immediately. We have no Saturday, no one set at left or right OG, and a question mark at RT. The only position that is really set is Castanzo at LT. The rest of the pieces (including the recent signings) are stop-gap solutions at best.

Considering that this year's OG class is the deepest it's been in years, and the OC class is also pretty strong, I think you can set your franchise up for years by getting an early guard and center. Especially since it takes a few years to get your offensive line to gel into a cohesive unit... There will always be later years when you can concentrate on skills players.

Round 1: QB Andrew Luck, Stanford

Round 2: TE Coby Fleener, Stanford

Round 3: CB Casey Hayward, Vanderbilt

Round 4: WR Dwight Jones, North Carolina/WR Tommy Streeter, Miami/WR AJ Jenkins, Illinois - depends who's available.

Round 4 Compensation: NT Nicholas Jean-Baptiste, Baylor

Round 5: DE/DT Kheeston Randall, Texas

Round 6: RB Tauren Poole, Tennessee

Round 6 Compensation: OL Donald Stephenson, Oklahoma

Round 7: DE/OLB Cordarro Law, Southern Mississippi

Thoughts?

i came across Donald Stephenson also. He has great athletic measurements, he could be a diamond-in-the-rough. out of the 3 WRs in the 4th, i would Jenkins. i think Streeter has great size & speed, but neds to mature more. Jones was good, but when he played in the Senior Bowl aginst good competition he didn't step up, almost as if he was intimidated. ?? All in all I like your draft.