Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

QB Possibilities

So the more I think about it. The more I have three QB situations that I believe I really like and feel are the real options. 

1. JB is the starter next year and the Colts take a QB in the later rounds. They have an offensive draft that features weapons for him. They give JB the year to evaluate him realistically, hopefully with a fully healthy roster. This allows them to see how he does with no excuses. If he fails, they draft a QB in 2021. If he shows amazing progress then they resign him and move forward.

2. They keep JB as starter to at least begin the year and draft a QB high. I would be looking at Herbert, Eason, Love, Hurts. The one that most intrigues me is Hurts but I really do like Live and Eason. All need to sit for a year I believe. They hope JB does well enough that the rookie sits for the year and then takes the job in 2021. 

3. Trade for a veteran and clean out the QB room. In this case, they cut JB (which is very unlikely) trade for a veteran, cut Hoyer and have Chad Kelly or a cheap rookie puck be the backup. The veteran that no one is talking about that could be available is Derek Carr. I actually really like him and would take him. 

Those are what I think the options are. If I ranked them in order of possibility. I would go

LOL. I didn’t mean to do that but I think that is what is gonna happen. I believe they really believe in JB. I could actually see Ballard giving him a contract and basically saying suck it. He is my QB. Haha. 

what are y’all’s thoughts?

Derek Carr is really intriguing. He’s an upgrade over JB and he’s more proven. I think with the right weapons around Carr we’d be ok. Don’t see it happening tho. 

1. Brissett will be our QB for at least one more year, like it or not.

2. Not really sure due to possible draft position if we’ll take a QB. I have trouble seeing Ballard parting with picks to move up ( which I kinda agree with because there’s lots of holes on this team).

IMO we need more talent on offense. Over the past three drafts, we’ve taken a lot of project/development defensive players. These players need to produce. The only players taken with mid-high picks are on the Oline. At some point you gotta go get that elite talent that most good teams have. That matchup nightmare that always seems to be open. 

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If we drafted Herbert and sat him for a year behind Brissett, that would send me over the edge. That would be a HORRIBLE decision by Ballard and Reich and would completely sour the fanbase to this team.

What would be the horrible part?  The drafting of Herbert, or the sitting him behind JB for a year?

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If we drafted Herbert and sat him for a year behind Brissett, that would send me over the edge. That would be a HORRIBLE decision by Ballard and Reich and would completely sour the fanbase to this team.

Not to mention I think Herbert will be a bust. Oregon QBs to tend to do well in the NFL outside of that system.