Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank's Bold Call 2.0

Smoke317

I think he more just played the situation.  He said in his post game they tried the bootleg because he thought they could catch them with a surprise pass for a big gain and when that didn’t work he didn’t want to take a sack and get knocked out of field goal range.  

He’s said all along he has faith in Adam so that doesn’t surprise me.  He even said he told Adam after the missed PAT to shake it off that he was going to hit a field goal to win it.  

Without question Frank trusts his guys and that’s why they love him.  He’s very Dungy in that way with player loyalty.  Man I am so glad he ended up here rather than McDaniels.  Him backing out on the Colts might be the best thing that’s happened to the Colts since they hired Dungy.

• Like 5

Man we are so lucky. From just drafting Peyton over Leaf, drafting Luck over RG3, trading Dorsett for Brissett. - Thanks Pats, and McDanny not coming here - thanks Pats so we get Reich, thank you, thank you. I realize we only have won 1 Title over the last 15 years but 1 is better than 0. We are good every year though that is the key unlike 90% of the league. 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Man we are so lucky. From just drafting Peyton over Leaf, drafting Luck over RG3, trading Dorsett for Brissett - thanks Pats, and McDanny not coming here - thanks Pats so we get Reich, thank you, thank you. I realize we only have won 1 Title over the last 15 years but 1 is better than 0. We are good every year though unlike 80% of the league. 

Outside of the McDaniels backing out that’s not luck it’s good football decisions by smart football people.  So many times we think oh well that’s a no brainer when in reality good smart people spend hours, days, weeks and, months breaking down those decisions.  The Colts had one Hall of Fame GM, maybe the best ever, and another thats off to a great start.  They also have Irsay stirring the ship, who while eccentric, is football smart and knows to bring in football people who know what they are doing give them a blank check book and stay out of the way.

Also I got to see my team win one Super Bowl in my life time, as a guy who works with a shocking large number of Lions fans and had a lot of Bengals and Dolphins friends in college that’s more than a lot of teams can say.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Outside of the McDaniels backing out that’s not luck it’s good football decisions by smart football people.  So many times we think oh well that’s a no brainer when in reality good smart people spend hours, days, weeks and, months breaking down those decisions.  The Colts had one Hall of Fame GM, maybe the best ever, and another thats off to a great start.  They also have Irsay stirring the ship, who while eccentric, is football smart and knows to bring in football people who know what they are doing give them a blank check book and stay out of the way.

Also I got to see my team win one Super Bowl in my life time, as a guy who works with a shocking large number of Lions fans and had a lot of Bengals and Dolphins friends in college that’s more than a lot of teams can say.

After we won in 2006 I was content. I want more Titles but just being good is fine too. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I changed my post to 90% but I think that is accurate. Since 1995 we have been awesome. 

Yeah I was looking at the banners at the game today and thinking wow I’ve see a lot of good football in my lifetime.  Getting through Bob Irsay was worth it to get to his son.  It’s amazing how different a father and son are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah I was looking at the banners at the game today and thinking wow I’ve see a lot of good football in my lifetime.  Getting through Bob Irsay was worth it to get to his son.  It’s amazing how different a father and son are.

2006 World Champs, 2009 AFC Champs are the main two. I have fun with the 2014 thing because of Deflategate haha . We have tons of divisions championships hanging.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Lets just hope Irsay's daughter is in the same mold as her father though. 

• Like 2