Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncolts

chrisfarley

you will have a hard time finding anybody in Indianapolis who would admit that it wasn'teveryone elses fault except PM they only won one SB.Facts be darned

I know a few. :) But, they might be relatives of mine.

However, it's the truth sadly. Sometimes I think Peyton needs to loosen up in big games and have a little fun too. He overthinks or something. The big moments don't usually happen the way people want them to.

And yes the Colts still could have won the SB against the Saints or have a shot if they tied it. There was 3:24 on the clock......anything can happen when you take momentum back.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Peyton is a great big game QB. It is not something that I love to say but it's the truth to me. He is consistent and and all time great though. His little brother is a clutch big gamer though in two SB runs. This wasn't even a great Giants team either that won the SB this year or in 2007 but they pulled it together and Eli contributed with big plays when needed in road playoff games in hostile environments and in both SB wins.

It's not always about the numbers. It's about making those key plays on offense sometimes to ice the game or get the much needed score in a big game.

true.I agree.Eli drove for 2 Sb winning scores in a row.PM threw a pick 6 going for the tie and iced it.........for the Saint's.The Colt's would never have been the consistent winners they were in the reg season and all those playoff appearances without PM,but he fell flat in the playoffs often,but in the city of Indy it is everyone elses fault not the god PM.He is still an all time great but postseason often didn't play up to anywhere near regular season.

Montana has the best playoff stats. Hence why he had 4 sb wins. But he also had a great playoff d. a solid special teams. And the goat wrs. And manning's playoff stats arent bad and some of those ints hit the recievers in the hands and they just dropped them (see ne games and charger games).

whatever,Reggie Wayne,Clark,Marvin,Edge.He had as good as all around offense many of those Niner teams.

That is true Jim,but his rings dont.I have said it once and will say it again. The Colts were a great coach away from 4 sb's in the Manning era if you ask me.

You don't think Dungy was a good enough coach? I was not a fan of him a lot but looking back I think I was way too hard on him. I think he was often the glue that held much of this thing together at times.

I don't think Peyton is a great big game QB. It is not something that I love to say but it's the truth to me. He is consistent and and all time great though. His little brother is a clutch big gamer though in two SB runs. This wasn't even a great Giants team either that won the SB this year or in 2007 but they pulled it together and Eli contributed with big plays when needed in road playoff games in hostile environments and in both SB wins.

It's not always about the numbers. It's about making those key plays on offense sometimes to ice the game or get the much needed score in a big game.

i like eli but in both sbs he threw two passes that should have been ints on the final drives. The first sb, that was just a miracle play, a tremendous catch and in the last sb it was a pretty good throw but it was an amazing catch.

i like eli but in both sbs he threw two passes that should have been ints on the final drives. The first sb, that was just a miracle play, a tremendous catch and in the last sb it was a pretty good throw but it was an amazing catch.

It was a great throw to Manningham and gutsy too considering field positon to me. And as for luck in the 2007 SB well.....he did it. He got it done.

I don't think Eli is the best QB in the league but if I needed a TD to win a playoff game he is the QB I take right now. Hey out dueling Brady twice and Rodgers and Favre in GB is pretty impressive.

You don't think Dungy was a good enough coach? I was not a fan of him a lot but looking back I think I was way too hard on him. I think he was often the glue that held much of this thing together at times.

Way too passive in my opinion. The Colts were a little soft and then you add a soft coach not a good combo, we were lucky we played the bears. Remember the Bucs had a ton of talent and he could never get them over the top.Enter a hard nose gruden and SB, and no this isnt a bash Dungy thread,I respect the man,but always felt he was a little too golly gee for me.

Are you serious?3 Sb titles,5 appearances>2 SB appearances 1 win

If it's that simple who is who?

Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Y/A AY/A

453 718 63.10% 5389 29 19 88.4 7.51 7.12

499 793 62.90% 5285 38 20 87.8 6.66 6.49

Then what is the difference why one has more SBs then the other?

Thanks to Anti-Jim for explaining how to post stats. :thmup:

you realize that football is a team sport right? brady only won sbs during spygate, with the greatest coach ever, with an amazong d, and terrific special teams. Let's not act like brady didnt have amazing help to win those superbowls.

So does Brady deserve any credit for being a part of those SB wins? Did he do anything in any of those wins to help the team win?

I think we all are too big of homers here at times........

If it's that simple who is who?

Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Y/A AY/A

453 718 63.10% 5389 29 19 88.4 7.51 7.12

499 793 62.90% 5285 38 20 87.8 6.66 6.49

Then what is the difference why one has more SBs then the other?

Thanks to Anti-Jim for explaining how to post stats. :thmup:

Pm had way better players to work with too don't forget that.Deon Branch,a list of halfway Rb'sBrady never had PM's weapons or anything close yet has 2 more rings and more appearances by far.If you are too give the QB credit foe winning rings you must also give him the opposite for not winning,Sorry Pm boy

This is true. But, are we ever allowed to give QBs glory for big postseason moments?

Yes, I have no issue with QBs getting props for having great post seasons, but I'm sick of hearing QBs get all the credit for SB wins and having their legacy if you will, defined by SB wins! If it weren't for a great FG kicker Brady just might be 0-5 - if that were the case can you imagine how that would affect his "legacy" ... it would be non-sense!

So does Brady deserve any credit for being a part of those SB wins? Did he do anything in any of those wins to help the team win?

yea he does. but that first win he got completely carried. the second win he did a great job. the third win was partly him, but the defense also humilated the eagles offense.

Pm had way better players to work with too don't forget that.Deon Branch,a list of halfway Rb'sBrady never had PM's weapons or anything close yet has 2 more rings and more appearances by far.If you are too give the QB credit foe winning rings you must also give him the opposite for not winning,Sorry Pm boy

You mean the "weapons" that failed to break 75 catches, 1,000 yards, or 10 TDs when their QB isn't Peyton Manning? Neither have done either without Peyton Manning.

I think they are pretty set at RB with Bell, McGahee, and Morano...but all have been injury prone so why not addai lol. Only thing addai did that Peyton enjoyed was his pass blocking. I say Addai would not be there. Wayne and Thomas on the outside with Decker in the slot looks pretty good. That o-line is the weak spot though....although Peyton gets rid of the ball a lot quicker than Tebow. Denver can sure up some defense with draft picks and if they trade Tebow for a first rounder they would have two first rounders to improve. I just see Peyton as an AFC guy 1st and foremost. Tennessee getting into this is really really interesting!

Yeah he does.

But Brady is a far better QB in his last 3 trips to the playoffs than he was in his first 3. He was on better teams earlier in his career than he has in the past few years..

yea he does. but that first win he got completely carried. the second win he did a great job. the third win was partly him, but the defense also humilated the eagles offense.

I think the Rams SB was his legacy moment actually, a very early one. Getting to OT and playing for it at the time was very gutsy. Getting Adam in FG range is pretty memorable. The Rams had all the momenum at that point with their comeback.

haha yea thats good, i wonder how many broncos fans prefer Tebow now lol

I imagine Tebow would get some reps in goal line situations.

I still dont see one team signing that many x-Colts, but it would be pretty sweet - a lot of us would cheer for the Broncos like they were the Colts. You gotta think that if they signed everyone and they won the SB that would sting much worse than if it were just Manning winning it.

Yeah he does.

But Brady is a far better QB in his last 3 trips to the playoffs than he was in his first 3. He was on better teams earlier in his career than he has in the past few years..

I would probably take Brady in those SB winning runs believe it or not. There was something about him I liked better in those years when he was part of the team instead of being THE team at times, it went beyond the stats and numbers. He had more of the "it" factor IMO then. Kinda like how Eli did in this postseason.

I look at intangibles even more then numbers at times.

brady had a core of recievers who excelled in the system they ran. Those recievers would always make the catch and would almost never get manhandled during the playoffs. Since 2007 brady has had more talent offensively than manning ever had (the second best wr ever, the greatest slot reciever ever, and possibly one day the greatest te ever). Since 2007 and spygate has brady won anything even with that offense? No, because football is a team sport and the d isnt what it used to be in the playoffs.

I would probably take Brady in those SB winning runs believe it or not. There was something about him I liked better in those years when he was part of the team instead of being THE team at times, it went beyond the stats and numbers. He had more of the "it" factor IMO then. Kinda like how Eli did in this postseason.

That may be, but he wasn't as good as he is now. He didn't have the experience/knowledge, etc. He won then and hasn't since, but he's a far better QB now.

That may be, but he wasn't as good as he is now. He didn't have the experience/knowledge, etc. He won then and hasn't since, but he's a far better QB now.

I agree he is better now. I just preferred him more then. It's just a matter of opinion. I was a bigger fan of Brady's game and the way they went about winning years ago then I am now.

personally id rather have brady now. like you said, in the early years he was just part of the team, nothing that special. But in recent years he has developed into a real star qb that doesnt need a system or great hc or great d to always win. Now brady can be the reason the pats win.

I agree he is better now. I just preferred him more then. It's just a matter of opinion. I was a bigger fan of Brady's game and the way they went about winning years ago then I am now.

I guess i'm the opposite. I respect his game more now getting that team and D to the Super Bowl. It reminded me of what Peyton has had to deal with for years here.

I guess i'm the opposite. I respect his game more now getting that team and D to the Super Bowl. It reminded me of what Peyton has had to deal with for years here.

I see your point. I don't even think Peyton ever had a D as bad as this years Pats D though. It was the worst in the AFC....switched places actually in the last week with the Packers when the Packers let the Lions wrack up the yards and points they did. Packers and Pats had the stud QBs all year but the horrible Ds.

Probably wishful thinking by many to have had a Packers/Pats SB. I thought one might get there but both....no way. No way would the two worst Ds in the league both make the SB.