Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Still Optimistic/Unsurprised Colts Fan Roll Call

thatonefan

On 12/2/2018 at 2:04 PM, thatonefan said:

I can't be the only person who doesn't mind today's game, right? Honestly, I think it was sloppy, but a good wake-up call for a tough stretch to end the season. I think this team/us fans got a little too full of ourselves, and this was a moment for us all to realize we can't win like we did for the past month. I think our young leaders step up and we finish strong, playoffs or not.

Agreed. Ballard is bringing in guys who have certainly established that they are natural leaders both on offense and defense. This starts the entire process of building a culture. Guys like Leonard and Big Q have an inspirational effect on the rest of the team. 

• Like 1

Upset they lost?...Sure.  Mad about the direction the team is in ?...Nope.  We all know the offense is better than what played Sunday.  Fact is we KNEW the Jags D was good.  They shut us out in the 2nd 1/2 the first game we played them.  They came to play this past week.  But so did our defense.  I do think we should have scored enough to beat them...even 1 single TD.  But I think we have a really good foundation on both offense and defense to build on,...and to be proud of actually. Just 1 or 2 more playmakers on either side of the ball, and we are a top team IMO.  Mainly WR, and Pass rusher.  (maybe another CB,..But Moore and Wilson have played really good last few games.)

16 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Hey we should be able to take on the Texans.. at least we should be able to score TD's

With the whitewashing of the Colts factored in, the Jags D still averages giving up 20.3 PPG. The Texans average is 19.6.....The Texans Offense averages 25.2 PPG....The Jags, 16.9..  With the Colts O sputtering, this game does not look good.

31 minutes ago, Hammer said:

With the whitewashing of the Colts factored in, the Jags D still averages giving up 20.3 PPG. The Texans average is 19.6.....The Texans Offense averages 25.2 PPG....The Jags, 16.9..  With the Colts O sputtering, this game does not look good.

I respect Houston's Defense but Sunday was a complete fluke by what the Jags did. Luck will never get a shut out again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hammer said:

With the whitewashing of the Colts factored in, the Jags D still averages giving up 20.3 PPG. The Texans average is 19.6.....The Texans Offense averages 25.2 PPG....The Jags, 16.9..  With the Colts O sputtering  this game does not look good.

That’s just it: will the offense play like they did against Jacksonville or like they did during the win streak?

As Reich looked at the Jacksonville game, he saw his team shut out and given his philosophy of getting better each week, I can see him asking himself what he could do if Houston’s defense plays as tight as Jacksonville. 

Better that happened by Jacksonville than Houston. Could be a blessing in disguise. 

Defense and Special teams played well. 

My concern is; can Luck & the Offense regain confidence? If so, they could leave Houston with a win. 

24 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

That’s just it: will the offense play like they did against Jacksonville or like they did during the win streak?

As Reich looked at the Jacksonville game, he saw his team shut out and given his philosophy of getting better each week, I can see him asking himself what he could do if Houston’s defense plays as tight as Jacksonville. 

Better that happened by Jacksonville than Houston. Could be a blessing in disguise. 

Defense and Special teams played well. 

My concern is; can Luck & the Offense regain confidence? If so, they could leave Houston with a win. 

I think they'll play as tight as the Jags did because we have nobody, beside TY to stretch the field. Being able to establish a decent running game is our only hope. If not, Watt and Clowney are going to raise hell. As far as the win streak is concerned, we did it against teams with a combined record of 22-38. Not one of which is over .500.

27 minutes ago, Hammer said:

I think they'll play as tight as the Jags did because we have nobody, beside TY to stretch the field. Being able to establish a decent running game is our only hope. If not, Watt and Clowney are going to raise hell. As far as the win streak is concerned, we did it against teams with a combined record of 22-38. Not one of which is over .500.

I really question the “we have no receivers but TY” mantra.

Last week, passes we dropped, there were bad throws and adjustments weren’t made to get guys open.

Is there a “Diondre Hopkins” among Inman, Pascal, Grant or Rogers ? No. But these are guys who have made plays this year.

And Reich has had great game plans and made adjustments this year. We came close to beating the Texans without Doyle, Castonzo, Smith and Mack. And with Houston having Fuller, who’s on IR.

I’m hoping Allie-Cox and Kelly play but either way, the Colts can win this game, even with the receivers we have.

9 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

I really question the “we have no receivers but TY” mantra.

Last week, passes we dropped, there were bad throws and adjustments weren’t made to get guys open.

Is there a “Diondre Hopkins” among Inman, Pascal, Grant or Rogers ? No. But these are guys who have made plays this year.

And Reich has had great game plans and made adjustments this year. We came close to beating the Texans without Doyle, Castonzo, Smith and Mack. And with Houston having Fuller, who’s on IR.

I’m hoping Allie-Cox and Kelly play but either way, the Colts can win this game, even with the receivers we have.

Well, I hope you're right. :)