Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Slept On It Last Night And I Woke Up Still Very Upset

deedub75

I'm Happy that it's finally over.

I'm Sad that Peyton had to go.

I'm not Excited about the 2-3 years of rebuilding that's about to happen.

I'm Bummed that Irsay constantly said Peyton was gonna be a Colt and now he's gone.

I agree with all.

..and I hope you are right about the 2-year rebuild....

We're down now...because we have drafted or picked up and free agents yet.

Things look bleak.

Im said that he's gone, but not angry at any one.

Irsay runs a business, and it would have been (IMO) a very bad investment to pay $28M in kick in the last 4 years of that contract.

I wish they had found a way to keep PM & Luck around for a couple of seasons. However, it seems that for whatever reason one (or both) of them didnt want or couldnt find a way to do that.

2012 will likely be a tough season. However, if Luck pans out and becomes a very good to great QB (even if not on Manning's level) this team should be in a good place again in a couple of years....assuming they draft well. There will be lots of cap room to play with down the road as a bunch of aging (well paid) guys are not going to be here in a couple of seasons.

I'm glad March 8th is finally here and the decision is behind the team. I hope PM goes on to play well for another couple of seasons, but have always been 1st and formost a Colts fan. Losing Manning is not the end of the Colts and I fully expect them to be back to the playoffs within a couple of years....hopefully with a more balanced team then they were the last few years.

Well i can't say that I am happy with cutting Manning right now, but I knew it was going to happen some day.

I think we will be like the Lions after they went 0-16, they drafted a QB, bad thing was he got injured a lot and hopefully that doesn't happen to Luck, but it took them 3 years to be good and I think it will take that long for the Colts

Its hard to watch the coverage on ESPN and the NFL network..

I had to turn to basketball..

I know the feeling...

I turned off the news last night just because I couldn't take it anymore thank goodness it's championship week and march madness!

As for hurting I think it's natural right now. Saying good bye to anyone even a sports person you care about is hard. It's going to be hard when he lands and seeing him play for someone else. Not unlike seeing a girl friend you broke up with someone else. Like that though at some point you move on but it will take awhile and different people will get there at different times. This too shall pass. It's that nasty business side of sports we've avoided for the most part during the manning era and this is why people hate it. I think what is important now is that we come together as a fan base and support each other. Maybe take a small break from the snarkyness this forum can take on at times (which doesn't seem to be going on in this thread just for the record). Just my two cents.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• UDFA: QB - Kedon Slovis, BYU QB - Jason Bean, Kansas K - Spencer Shrader, Notre Dame WR - Xavier White, Texas Tech  RB - Trent Pennix, North Carolina State  OG - Dalton Tucker, Marshall  DT - Isaiah Coe, Oklahoma LB - Craig Young, Kansas   Tryout: DT - Jeblonski Green, South Carolina State  TE - Malcolm Epps, Pittsburgh OT - Jake Hornirook, Duke RB - Justin Strong, Southern Illinois  LS - Michael Vinson, Notre Dame  OC - Jake Kradel, Pittsburgh  OL - Aidan Hemphill, Texas Southern  DB - Brandon Bishop, Liberty  OT - Daniel Johnson, Purdue 
    • Oh no doubt about that. I absolutely value the fact that people like Brugler, Cosell, Jeremiah, etc. actually do the work and take their job seriously. And I also agree that others do very surface level stuff(more akin to what most of us here are doing here as a hoby. Except... they get paid for it).    My angle is not exactly "everyone is the same", they are not. That's why I value extremely highly the work some do and not so much others. And I agree that just because a player doesn't hit, it doesn't mean the evaluation was faulty... or just because a player hits unexpectedly, I don't think the evaluation was necessarily faulty either. It's important to see the reasoning behind the projections and it is important to recognize the uncertainty in any projection really. IMO the uncertainty covers for a lot of shoddy "work" and rankings because a lot of talking heads can just parrot hits and omit misses. So they are not all the same, but their results might be very close to each other. Just like in the NFL - the difference between good and bad GMs in hit rate is in single digit number over the long term. You won't get one GM that hits 80% and another that hits 20%(Although... Grigson probably was close to that one).   Part of it is because the ones that don't do the work, actually copy and plagiarize the work that the great ones do... example, they will take the Jeremiah and Brugler's big boards and will mash them together and just switch a few names around, or if they have a favorite they will bump him up while dropping a specific one they don't like, but in the grand scheme of things the results wouldn't be dramatically different. So the value for me is from the actual verifiable work those people do and the way they present information. WIth people like Brugler or Cosell you can actually tell that it's them that are doing the work. They give you detailed reports on why they think what they think about those prospects. And they are almost never extreme in their opinions - i.e. "this player is trash, he would never succeed in the league". You know they actually sit down and watch those guys play and actually do scouting reports from what they see on tape, rather than from what they've heard someone else say about those players. And with Brugler, even furthermore, you see a ton of background information about those players. He's pretty much doing what scouts for the teams are doing. He's digging about the childhood and adolescence of those players, he's digging up red flags, medical information(whatever is available), etc. And he's just one person. And he's doing it for 400+ players every year. You can only respect that. And I derive a ton of more value out of it than I do out of a random pundit's QB ranking for which I probably have watched more tape than he has. 
    • Agreed   By mid year, this offense might be special,    I wonder if our defense can at least get to 15, in points allowed   Having an offense that grinds it our, will help the defense stay fresh
    • You’re welcome! I agree, some really good information and worth a watch. 
    • Bortolini was very good at the Senior Bowl. Technically sound and quick. I would not be surprised at all if either him or Concalves starts right guard this year, and I like Fries, I'm one of the few on here who doesn't think he sucks. We may be so good running the ball this year Richardson won't have to throw much(20-25 times a game?) This offense is going to be fun to watch and we should win a lot of games as long as we aren't playing cb's 10 yards off the line and dropping linebackers 12 yards deep on 3rd and 3. Go Colts!
  • Members

• lincolndefan

lincolndefan 92

• stitches

stitches 19,685

• w87r

w87r 14,156

Moderators
    • Kirie89

Kirie89 6

• Smonroe

Smonroe 6,231