Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will This Turn Long Time Fans Away?

Ryan Pelley

Still my team. I'll admit to being bandwagon with like the pacers but my heart bleeds blue and white for the colts even if they do become the joke of the nfl again.

If the truth comes out that Irsay didn't even want to restructure with Peyton, then I admit I will have a hard time following him and trusting him.

this makes it really hard to follow a team when you have no respect for the owner

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there will be a portion of the fanbase that we will probably lose because they became fans of the Colts for him. We have seen a few all ready say they are jumping off the bandwagon so I am sure there will be others that jump off.

What I am more worried about is the fanbase being to impatient with a rookie QB. I have always felt that Indy is a fairweather city and that if we start to lose and struggle while converting to a 3-4 and having a young QB that a potion of the fans would lose interest in this team.

Ultimately I think as long as we can get back to our winning ways in two season i think we should be fine. Now if we are in season four and things are going not so well I think you will see the fairweather start to kick in on our fanbase.

I think there will be a portion of the fanbase that we will probably lose because they became fans of the Colts for him. We have seen a few all ready say they are jumping off the bandwagon so I am sure there will be others that jump off.

What I am more worried about is the fanbase being to impatient with a rookie QB. I have always felt that Indy is a fairweather city and that if we start to lose and struggle while converting to a 3-4 and having a young QB that a potion of the fans would lose interest in this team.

Ultimately I think as long as we can get back to our winning ways in two season i think we should be fine. Now if we are in season four and things are going not so well I think you will see the fairweather start to kick in on our fanbase.

I think fans have a right to not support an unsuccessful Luck team in 4 years, and at the same time blame Irsay.

At the same time, winning a super bowl cures all, so if it works out for the Colts. Irsay will look like a Genious.

I dont think that Oiler fans are still texan fans. I wonder what made the old Baltimore colts fans follow the team to Indy? do you root for the ravens too?

They were still the Colts. I hate to use the old Seinfeld line, but the laundry was the same, the players, the coaches, the team. No, I don't also root for the Ravens. I don't know what I would have done had I grown up an Oilers fan, or Browns fan. But if I loved Ozzie Newsome on a Tuesday, I'm not sure I would have hated him on a Wednesday just because he was in Baltimore and the team was called the Ravens. But that isn't what happened to the Colts, so I didn't have to face that decision. I loved the Colts. They left. I loved them the next morning too. Can't really explain it other than to say I accepted why they had to go, wasn't happy about it, but the horseshoe remained the same, the players remained the same, I just couldn't go to games or see them on TV any more (until DirecTV arrived to make us pay way too much).

They were still the Colts. I hate to use the old Seinfeld line, but the laundry was the same, the players, the coaches, the team. No, I don't also root for the Ravens. I don't know what I would have done had I grown up an Oilers fan, or Browns fan. But if I loved Ozzie Newsome on a Tuesday, I'm not sure I would have hated him on a Wednesday just because he was in Baltimore and the team was called the Ravens. But that isn't what happened to the Colts, so I didn't have to face that decision. I loved the Colts. They left. I loved them the next morning too. Can't really explain it other than to say I accepted why they had to go, wasn't happy about it, but the horseshoe remained the same, the players remained the same, I just couldn't go to games or see them on TV any more (until DirecTV arrived to make us pay way too much).

wow, if the Colts went to LA. I would not follow them. I would pray for a new Indy team. So last time the colts went through a major change it took them decades to fix it, hopefully it will be better this time around.

I dont think that Oiler fans are still texan fans. I wonder what made the old Baltimore colts fans follow the team to Indy? do you root for the ravens too?

Not to belabor this, or get too personal, but I also moved all over the country growing up, so I, my whole family, was very used to rooting for teams from distant cities. That was likely a huge part of it too. I was used to not always living where my teams played. It was never a backyard/community thing for me. Trust me, I get lots of quesitons about my personalized Colts related California license plate and horseshoe tattoo out here on the west coast.

wow, if the Colts went to LA. I would not follow them. I would pray for a new Indy team. So last time the colts went through a major change it took them decades to fix it, hopefully it will be better this time around.

If they became the LA Killers, and changed logos, colors, all that, I can see that. But if everything stayed the same except the city, you don't think you would still root for the same players you cheered for the day before? I know there aren't a lot of us Baltimore folks left, but I'm not that unique - there are plenty of us on this board.

If they became the LA Killers, and changed logos, colors, all that, I can see that. But if everything stayed the same except the city, you don't think you would still root for the same players you cheered for the day before? I know there aren't a lot of us Baltimore folks left, but I'm not that unique - there are plenty of us on this board.

I know, your situation is very different from the ravens/brown and oilers/texans

actually the closest team to that situation would be the rams i guess. I wonder if they have a big following in LA?

I know, your situation is very different from the ravens/brown and oilers/texans

actually the closest team to that situation would be the rams i guess. I wonder if they have a big following in LA?

And the Raiders too, who are actually back to discussing LA again. Although that is clearly within a state, even though it is a huge state, and north to south so different. I do know a Rams fan here, but he is even more unique becase his dad played for the Rams in LA - so he really doesn't count. I think there are still plenty of LA Rams and Raiders fans, but they have no team at all, so nobody other than USC to root for. The people I know in LA jumped on the USC bandwagon pretty hard, and got season tickets to watch them in a lot of cases.

So your saying Peyton lied to us in a press conference? People are welcome to their opinion, but I highly disagree with this premise.

No I'm not saying he lied. I'm saying he is a very "politically correct" person. I have never know him to say anything bad about the Colts and I don't expect him to now. (Even when they pulled the starters as a prime example)