Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With Peyton Leaving

runthepost

That could happen. If a team has the needs and the space for a group like that, it wouldn't surprise me at all. Tammee could be added to the list too.

That could happen too.

The team i want him to go to is the Dolphins. I just want him to win one more title.

the Chiefs already have over $30 million in cap space, per John Clayton...they will likely cut/let walk Cassel and Orton respectively if they were to go after Peyton...that would leave near $40million in cap space....that would allow them to not only sign Manning, but also most/all of that group that they wanted to sign.

The "experts" dont seem to name the Chiefs as likely, but i see them as very likely...and A LOT more likely than the Jets or Redskins

The Seahawks have something like $31 million in cap space, no QB, questionable WRs, and what is, other than the 49ers, a reasonable division to win. And a good OL, a good RB, and a reasonable young building D. And perhaps the best/loudest fans in any arena. I think the Seahawks would gladly let PM bring Reggie and Garcon along. Plus, Paul Allen is LOADED, and may have signing bonus cash in his pockets on any given day.

I think Saturday retires.

I can't see Redskins, Jets, Chiefs, Broncos, Texans, and most of the other teams mentioned as destinations for PM.

Miami is the other one in my mind. Around $16 million in cap space, a good D, Reggie went to the U, PM has a home in FL, New Orleans is close for both guys....

To me the Redskins/Cowboys/Eagles are right there with the Packers/Patriots/Giants as valid options.

The only way I see him as a Redskin is if they were the only one to offer a contract and that certainly doesn't seem likely at this point, yet they are alluded to as one of the top possibilities by the media.

With the release of Peyton this team is done for at least five years or more. The owner has destoyed a winning team all because of one bad season. Stupid. Teams have a bad season. keep vetrans bring in rookies and help keep it going. You dont start fresh it takes to long.

Well, you may definitely see Reggie and Jeff go, but now that Peyton is gone, it opens up 6.6M in the cap space, which means we could resign Pierre. Addai is not a free agent so don't worry about him. I think the Colts keep Jeff as he isn't that expensive, with his asking price probably under 5M. We have room to sign a lot of free agents now that Peyton is gone. It's sad to see him go, but there's always good in bad situations.

To me the Redskins/Cowboys/Eagles are right there with the Packers/Patriots/Giants as valid options.

The only way I see him as a Redskin is if they were the only one to offer a contract and that certainly doesn't seem likely at this point, yet they are alluded to as one of the top possibilities by the media.

I agree - the Redskins are a mess, have been for a decade. Eli twice a year? No OL. And it isn't just Mike Shanahan, it's the son in Kyle as OC too, and those O's tend to rely a lot on roll outs, QBs moving.... I don't see a fit at all. The money might be there, but almost everything else isn't.

Reggie wants more than he's worth but will probably be considered by teams looking at Manning. Garcon is not quite ready to get a better deal than the Colts offered him and Addai/Saturday are not likely to get descent offers, so they need to be ready for pay cuts.

With the release of Peyton this team is done for at least five years or more. The owner has destoyed a winning team all because of one bad season. Stupid. Teams have a bad season. keep vetrans bring in rookies and help keep it going. You dont start fresh it takes to long.

You joined up just to post that? Classy...

I agree - the Redskins are a mess, have been for a decade. Eli twice a year? No OL. And it isn't just Mike Shanahan, it's the son in Kyle as OC too, and those O's tend to rely a lot on roll outs, QBs moving.... I don't see a fit at all. The money might be there, but almost everything else isn't.

That is about all they have. I would be shocked if he ended up in DC.

Why does no one think the Texans?

Cap issues, their offense isn't the perfect fit. Hybrid(WCO) with a look of boot action, Kubiak would like to keep more control, and Manning would prefer control. It seems like a logical spot, but it would be more complicated than others.

Well, you may definitely see Reggie and Jeff go, but now that Peyton is gone, it opens up 6.6M in the cap space, which means we could resign Pierre. Addai is not a free agent so don't worry about him. I think the Colts keep Jeff as he isn't that expensive, with his asking price probably under 5M. We have room to sign a lot of free agents now that Peyton is gone. It's sad to see him go, but there's always good in bad situations.

I don't think the cap room is as vast as many try to let on. We opened up space, but that transaction also ate up even more space. I certainly don't see a spending spree.

The Colts were 6-6 on 12/5/10. 2-14 last year. The Colts had issues, growing issues, for a lot longer then the moment PM went down. Chris Polian, time, age, cap numbers, all were heading in the wrong direction. I'm glad you have a crystal ball to tell us the Colts are done for the next five years. First, because you've just freed up my Sundays, which I appreciate. Although that crystal ball of yours sure would have come in handy a couple years ago so you could have warned Irsay and the Polians we'd be in the situation we're in today.

I'm kind of surprised no one's considering the Browns. One of the things the experts are saying is a selling point for Kansas City is it's a midwest town in a smaller market like Indy and that's the type of team that suits him best. Cleveland fits that bill as well. Also, they could get a QB without having to use any of their draft picks so they could use them to put weapons around Peyton. In 2012 they had the #10 ranked defense and with their first 2 picks they could grab guys like Trent Richardson and Michael Floyd. With their top pick in the 2nd round they could add another offensive lineman, a TE like Coby Fleener or even a second WR like a Reuben Randle. They could also use it to bolster their #10 ranked defense. I have no idea what their cap situation is but they could also consider bringing in a guy like Wayne or Garcon to help ease the transition.

The other plus side to this is they could still get some value out of Colt McCoy. He could learn a lot about game-planning and preparation from a guy like Peyton and it could possibly help him improve his game. He's also clearly young enough that he could take the reigns again once Peyton retires. If they move up for RG3 then they not only spend several draft picks to do it but they also lose all value out of Colt McCoy.

If I'm Peyton I'd definitely give them consideration.

Why does no one think the Texans?

Love or hate Schuab, I can't see a team changing a QB they have who can play for seven or eight more years for one who they might get two or three out of. As mediocre as Alex Smith is, I think the 49ers will reach the same conclusion too. We've all beaten the age of a QB, and Manning specifically, to death, but I truly believe most teams with some youth, middle of career kinds of QBs, who have reasonable succes now, won't trade that for a short-lived, short term risk, no matter the potential reward. As attractive as Manning is, and as many gamblers as there are, reinventing your entire offense for a couple years, knowing you will have to start all over in a couple years, will scare people off. More to the point, a team like the 49ers were in the NFC Championship game without Manning, have a second year coach, and no WRs, so I don't see them risking a two or three year run at best now. They will try to build on what they started internally. Houston will keep what they have, and build on last years success internally, with what they have.

I'm kind of surprised no one's considering the Browns. One of the things the experts are saying is a selling point for Kansas City is it's a midwest town in a smaller market like Indy and that's the type of team that suits him best. Cleveland fits that bill as well. Also, they could get a QB without having to use any of their draft picks so they could use them to put weapons around Peyton. In 2012 they had the #10 ranked defense and with their first 2 picks they could grab guys like Trent Richardson and Michael Floyd. With their top pick in the 2nd round they could add another offensive lineman, a TE like Coby Fleener or even a second WR like a Reuben Randle. They could also use it to bolster their #10 ranked defense. I have no idea what their cap situation is but they could also consider bringing in a guy like Wayne or Garcon to help ease the transition.

The other plus side to this is they could still get some value out of Colt McCoy. He could learn a lot about game-planning and preparation from a guy like Peyton and it could possibly help him improve his game. He's also clearly young enough that he could take the reigns again once Peyton retires. If they move up for RG3 then they not only spend several draft picks to do it but they also lose all value out of Colt McCoy.

If I'm Peyton I'd definitely give them consideration.

It's an interesting choice, but in a horrible division. I think that would be one of the main reasons.

If someone was to make a new Tribute Peyton Manning Video would "Tattoos on this Town" by Jason Aldean be a great song to use. I has a few meanings here like Manning leaving his mark on Indy and how the fans respect what he did for the franchise, the city of Indy, and giving us entertainment that we can tell our granchildren how we saw it first hand for 13-14 years. Wish the best for Peyton wherever he goes and Indy will always be his hometown. Please someone at IMS let him be the Grand Marshall at the Indy 500 again for one last time.

I don't care what happens with Reggie. I have lost a lot of respect for him this offseason. As for Saturday and all them, it's hard to say. Saturday said he definitely wants to come back and keep playing (and he played pretty well last year). I could see him coming back one more year to Indy to teach Luck and the younger O-linemen the ropes of the offense and help lay the foundation for the new offense. Garcon rejected a long term deal probably because he wants to go where Peyton goes, but he will have to take less money than what the Colts offered because I'm almost 100% sure no other team will other him that much.