Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck: I was 'scared in my core' I wouldn't play football again

BlueShoe

I’m not sure if any of you have read this article, or even posted it somewhere on the board. At quick glance, I did not see any mention of it. 

It was definitely worth taking the time to read. 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2018/09/04/indianapolis-colts-andrew-luck-shoulder-scared-my-core-wouldnt-play-football-again/1184529002/

• Thanks 1

Good article. Thanks for linking it.

It made me think of the line Irsay tweeted a year or so ago when he implied it was all in Luck's head. This article says the same thing, only this time, from Luck's point-of-view.

Luck found what he was looking for and it made his re-emergence possible. I am eager to see what he and the team do with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very well written article, football ability aside, it's very hard not to like and respect Andrew Luck. I'm not sure in the macho world of the NFL as many players would dare admit to some of the feelings he expressed, especially a franchise QB. 

I think to it showed some of the criticism towards the organisation  for the handling of the injury was a tad unfair as it's partly on Luck himself for pushing through. I mean you're a team that needs to win, are you really you going to tell your franchise QB you're benching him when he wants to play? 

Many many sports starts lose their career to injury, but I can think of few more deserving than Luck to have a comeback. Ironic given the number of comebacks he's led himself. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I think to it showed some of the criticism towards the organisation  for the handling of the injury was a tad unfair as it's partly on Luck himself for pushing through. I mean you're a team that needs to win, are you really you going to tell your franchise QB you're benching him when he wants to play? 

Luck wanted to push through for sure, but considering how bad his shoulder was, yeah, I think he should've been forced to sit out. At some point it becomes the GM/coaches/trainers job to protect the player from further injury. Otherwise I'm sure lots of guys would be trying to play through injuries they shouldn't be.