Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rusty Jones

TKnight24

Read this article earlier, really good stuff.

This is a perfect example of how our team seems like it will be much more disciplined under Ballard's watch than it was in the past. Stuff like changing a players' diet may seem like a minor detail but it's huge, especially considering how in depth Rusty Jones is going with it, down to specific diets for each player. I feel like we'll really see the effects on the field, like TY saying he feels like he's 21 again, as well as things not mentioned in the article like Basham's body transformation. Also telling was seemingly how out of shape, or at least not up to elite standards, the team was before Ballard got here/hired Rusty Jones. 

I know we've suffered some injuries already (not too many though IMO) but I do have high hopes that Rusty can really help our players get ready for the way our offense/defense is going to be schemed; putting an emphasis on hurrying up the pace on offense and emphasizing speed on defense.

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

Read this article earlier, really good stuff.

This is a perfect example of how our team seems like it will be much more disciplined under Ballard's watch than it was with the old regime. Stuff like changing a players' diet may seem like a minor detail but it's huge. Like what TY says about feeling like he's 21 again, as well as things not mentioned in the article like Basham's body transformation. Also telling was how seemingly out of shape, or at least not up to elite standards, the team was before Ballard got here/hired Rusty Jones. 

I know we've suffered some injuries already but I do have high hopes that Rusty can really help our players get ready for the way our offense/defense is going to be schemed; putting an emphasis on hurrying up the pace on offense and emphasizing speed on defense.

Outside of Cain, there hasn’t been a serious injury yet that’ll hurt this team

Ferguson & Hazel were gonna be cut anyway September 1st so they don’t matter 

Walker, Mack, & Castonzo are all expected to be ready week 1. So health wise they’re in a good spot thus far 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TKnight24 said:

Outside of Cain, there hasn’t been a serious injury yet that’ll hurt this team

Ferguson & Hazel were gonna be cut anyway September 1st so they don’t matter 

Walker, Mack, & Castonzo are all expected to be ready week 1. So health wise they’re in a good spot thus far 

Oh yeah, I don't think it's been bad at all. Of course people replying to Keefer's tweet are acting like it isn't any better, I definitely think we've been pretty good so far in terms of injuries.

12 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

It sounds good on paper, and I really like what Ballard is doing to change the culture and philosophies. My worry is how long the fanbase and organization can be patient while this process works out. It may take a while... 

I think the organization will be very patient, at least as far as Irsay goes. He's already said it's gonna be a long process. Also, considering that he gave Grigson a very fair (some say more than fair) chance to succeed, I think Ballard has more than a few more years to do his thing at least. Who knows how long Rusty Jones will stay unretired though.

• Like 1

Rusty Jones is a HoF level positional coach. I’m not sure most of the fanbase understands how much he has contributed to strength and conditioning knowledge. The Colts roster in terms of the physical development of players is going to be 2nd to none in the league.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Rusty Jones is a HoF level positional coach. I’m not sure most of the fanbase understands how much he has contributed to strength and conditioning knowledge. The Colts roster in terms of the physical development of players is going to be 2nd to none in the league.

Which position is he in the HoF for as a coach?

32 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

Which position is he in the HoF for as a coach?

None. I was saying he should be a HoF though. He’s receiving the strength and conditioning lifetime achievement award, along with various other accolades in his career. He’s generally regarded as the best in his field.