Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Some way too early mock drafts from The Draft Network

So here are some early 1st round mock-drafts by the newly launched The Draft Network. I use those more as a way to get familiarized with some of the prospects than anything else... Anyways... here are 3 mocks with the corresponding selections for the Colts:

Kyle Crabbs:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/08/20/crabbs-2019-nfl-mock-draft-1-0/

No. 9 – Indianapolis Colts (Super Bowl odds: 66/1)

PICK: Raekwon Davis, DL, Alabama

The Colts just drafted a 270 pound defensive end from Ohio State (Tyquan Lewis) and he’s currently listed as the team’s back-up three technique. Just in case there were any questions regarding the status of the Colts’ interior defensive line.

Davis is a terrific talent in his own right. He’s a bit more raw than Simmons, Oliver, Ferrell and Bosa. But his upside and foundation as a player would automatically make him the best option on the roster from day one.

That is, of course, barring exceptional unforeseen development from the likes of Denico Autry, Al Woods, Grover Stewart, the previously mentioned Lewis, Hassan Ridgeway or Rakeem Nunez-Roches. I’ll take my chances with Davis.

Trevor Sikkema:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/08/06/sikkemas-2019-nfl-mock-draft-1-0/

No. 9 – Indianapolis Colts

PICK: Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson

Here we are years later and the Colts will likely go into the 2019 offseason still cleaning up from the mess general manager Ryan Grigson left for the now general manager Chris Ballard. Ballard has done a nice job putting pieces in place, but without Andrew Luck no one really knows how the plan is coming along.

Regardless, the Colts will still need a top pass rusher come next year and Ferrell is about as consistent as they come for a 4-3 system like the Colts run. He has the frame, size and speed to be a force on all three downs, just not as high of a ceiling as guys like Bosa and Oliver.

Jon Ledyard:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/08/13/ledyards-2019-nfl-mock-draft-1-0/

No. 9 – Indianapolis Colts

PICK: Raekwon Davis, IDL, Alabama

What will the Colts need after this season? Your guess is as good as mine, as the roster needs major work in several places. After building up the offensive line with a lot of his early 2018 NFL Draft moves, I’m guessing Chris Ballard keeps stacking the trenches with premier talent in 2019.

Davis is an immediate NFL starter right away due to his technique, physicality and pad level when playing the run. He was productive as a pass rusher last season, but still has work to do in order to win 1v1 and get home consistently from the interior.

12 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

If luck makes it the whole year this team isn't anywhere near a top 10 pick.

I wish I was as optimistic as you, but I think another top 10 pick is likely with or without a healthy Luck. This team is void of talent everywhere.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2018 at 4:12 AM, MPStack said:

I wish I was as optimistic as you, but I think another top 10 pick is likely with or without a healthy Luck. This team is void of talent everywhere.

It’s necessarily that it’s void of talent, but it’s full of young players that are still developing. No proven players outside of Luck, Hilton, Doyle, and Vinny. As a fan I’m optimistic but, I’m also a realist. It’ll be very hard for the Colts to win more than 8 games. 9 is there ceiling.

• Like 1