Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dontrelle Inman and Orleans Darkwa anyone?

Hoose

With the loss of Cain and a banged up RB corps, should the Colts pull the switch and bring in who I think would be two of the best remaining free agents at their respective positions? One year prove its for both Inman and Darkwa. Yes, it would put some pressure on the existing RB corps, but if Darkwa is picked up, you'd have Mack, Turbin, Wilkins, Michael, and Hines in the stable ahead of him. Turbin is out for the first quarter of the season; Mack has a bad hammy; Michael is nothing special; Wilkins looks great, and the jury is out on Hines. Until week 5, you could dump Michael and replace him with Darkwa. Then choices would have to be made. But Darkwa sure looks better to me than Michael. 

Inman seems like one of the few, sensibly priced WRs out there ( no Dez please ), and he can play. 

The other option is to stay put and see what the kids have got in the tank. That's leaving the team very, very thin at RB and WR, both in numbers and experience.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I was wanting Darkwa even before we had all the injuries. I think he would bring solid competition to our roster. Im on the fence about Inman, hes big, can play and he'd bring experience to the WR room. However, id kind of like to see what we got in KJ Brent & Fountain 1st. If nobody steps up after next couple preseason games I'd pull the trigger though.