Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

UDFA Robert Jackson CB UNLV

Coffeedrinker

This kid is going to be my pick for an UDFA that will make the final 53.

The measurables:

6' 1.5" 202lbs

Proday:

40  - 4.44

20 yard split - 2.58

10 yard split - 1.58

Vertical - 38-1/2"

225 bench - 13 reps.

Broad jump 10'-06"

20 yard shuttle - 4.33

3 cone - 7.02

Numbers are solid, not elite.  20 yard shuttle is a bit slow but vertical leap is very good and overall speed is very good.

Found highlights of his play and an entire game against Fresno State

Observations form Fresno State game.

The good.  UNLV ran primarily a Cover 2 D with two deep safeties.  The bulldogs rarely threw in his direction.  The QB would look in his direction but then go to his 2nd or third reads. He's not afraid to lower his shoulder and tackle.  Good functional leaping ability and timed his jumps well when they did throw at him.  Has good recovery speed.  Did a good job of fighting off blocks when Fresno State ran the ball.

The Bad: Eyed the QB too much and lost the WR a couple of times in his zone.  Trailed too far behind on crossing routes.  Injury concern... made a good tackle on the QB but then got up rotating his shoulder and missed the next series because he was on the sideline getting his shoulder looked at.  Whiffed badly on one tackle attempt on a RB who caught a pass in the flat.

I wasn't wowed with his play but I was impressed and I think he has some good tools and field awareness to work with.  I could see him being the 5th or 6th CB when the final 53 is announced.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1