Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For You Roquan Smith Lovers.

3 hours ago, krunk said:

I wonder why we never say " I noticed on a ton of plays Drew Brees through a touchdown when he was unblocked!"  But for some reason we are sold that it's a negative that Roquan Smith made tackles and plays when he was unblocked?

Every player makes a bunch of uncontested plays in their career. Hilton has been left wide open before, Brady throws hundreds of TDs with zero pressure. We’ve seen RBs run up the middle because someone someone didn’t fill their gap correctly. It’s not a knock for someone to capitalize on someone else’s mistakes. I’d be more concerned with Roquan if he wasn’t making plays when he’s left unblocked.

• Like 1

I like Roquan a lot as a football player and I wouldn't be upset if we got him. However, I am concerned about his ability to handle people in his face. Watching his Oklahoma film this year, and it's not great at all. OU found a way to run right at him and there were A LOT of situations where he got blown up and was unable to make plays within 5 yards of the LOS. This guy gets it, and he has a lot of great videos for anyone that hasn't seen him yet:

• Like 1

Bill Polian and everyone else has said categorically Nelson is the second best player in this draft. Polian said he can do it all in pass and run blocking and ultra-athletic, very intelligent and his character is clean. Character is high on  Ballard's list. Why take what appear to be a top LB when the top guard is available. Who will better protect Luck and Brissett?