Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Already an UPDATE on the Luck is Throwing update....

NewColtsFan

16 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Probably could have been handled a bit better.

Honestly I wish Luck would just have one presser/interview where he cleans things up. His press conference in late Dececmber was like SUPER uninformative and it felt like he was just put out there so the team could say "Hey look! He's still alive!"

Either way. Smaller footballs or not, he's still throwing and that's a step in the right direction. 

It's a shoulder injury... arguably the most complex joint in the body (along with hip -- but for a guy who throws a ball for a living, shoulder probably wins the argument in the case).

I don't think Luck is trying to hide anything or avoid anything... I just don't think probably really knows what is going on in many instances, other than he's taking his rehab one step at a time and moving along as he is able.  Very hard to predict the future here.

If he's being honest, which I think he is, we have hope... he is feeling better, he's getting stronger, he hasn't had any major setbacks since having pain last season when he started practicing again, etc...  I don't think we can ask or expect much more from him until he starts throwing for real and taking contact in games.

Is anybody else wondering why we are getting trade offers for Brisett considering Lucks current throwing status?  Most people are optimistic now but there are still a small number of skeptics.  Maybe with all the digging these teams do on each other these teams have confidence and have learned he will be back this year.  Why one month before the draft are they inquiring on Brisett?  To be there backup?  We need a backup anyway.  I don't think so.  I think these are teams who are going to try to trade up because they need a QB and if not successful would move on to Brisett to be there QB or compete for the job.  I don't think it's too hard to find a backup if that is all you really want.  We wouldn't trade Brisett unless we were confident Luck is ready to go and we could find a veteran easily or draft one ourselves later.  We did scout the Ivy league guy. The team or teams that couldn't move up just might be on the phone with us to see if they could get Brisett.  Buffalo, Arizona who knows.  If Luck is looking good and on track before the draft I think there is a chance we get a couple of calls after the Big QB's are drafted and they might be very tempting calls. 

14 hours ago, DougDew said:

I can't load the clip.  What did Reich actually say?  I'm not interested in reading a reporter's version of what Reich said, I'm interested in watching what he said.

A lot of "reporting" is simply cut-and-paste from another story.  Oftentimes the term "multiple reports" simply means that its one report lifted and pasted into multiple outlets.  If the first reporter got it wrong, or in some cases simply put his slant on it, the whole story gets fouled up, especially if the other cut-and-paste reporters don't bother to double check the first report because they know the slant sells copy. 

Is there a version of the actual clip that loads better?

17 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Actually,  no....    it was NOT reported wrong.     Ths is not on the reporter.

Here's a front page story on the website...    about Luck now throwing smaller football...    and it's right there toward the top....   Reich acknowledges his comment aboutr Luck from the morning session with the media was not quite as complete as he'd like...     and he amends it by clarifying it with the note about the football's being smaller.

Just click on the link:    The quote is toward the top of the story...   Paragraph 3.

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Andrew-Luck-Has-Introduced-Smaller-Footballs-Into-Throwing-Workouts/0a16d610-00d5-49a7-b8b8-0214709d8e29

To be clear,  Reich is not apologizing for some mistake.    He's only recognizing that the comment needed to be more precise,  more accurate,  otherwise it could be viewed as inaccurate.

For whatever it's worth,  Ballard is interviewed by Caroline Cann...   and he talks about the new smaller footballs being viewed for throwing motion and tempo.     And that earlier in the process Luck was using much heavier footballs to gain strength.     Says Luck is right where he's supposed to be.    He made it sound like he has Luck's daily schedule and knows what he's doing every day.

Watch the actual clip man and you will see what I'm talking about. Reading an article and actually hearing the person say it comes across way different. And idk how to make it faster DD I watched it on my phone off the colts app but it should be online on the colts website too. I have no idea which would be faster tho.

14 hours ago, DougDew said:

I can't load the clip.  What did Reich actually say?  I'm not interested in reading a reporter's version of what Reich said, I'm interested in watching what he said.

A lot of "reporting" is simply cut-and-paste from another story.  Oftentimes the term "multiple reports" simply means that its one report lifted and pasted into multiple outlets.  If the first reporter got it wrong, or in some cases simply put his slant on it, the whole story gets fouled up, especially if the other cut-and-paste reporters don't bother to double check the first report because they know the slant sells copy. 

Is there a version of the actual clip that loads better?

17 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Actually,  no....    it was NOT reported wrong.     Ths is not on the reporter.

Here's a front page story on the website...    about Luck now throwing smaller football...    and it's right there toward the top....   Reich acknowledges his comment aboutr Luck from the morning session with the media was not quite as complete as he'd like...     and he amends it by clarifying it with the note about the football's being smaller.

Just click on the link:    The quote is toward the top of the story...   Paragraph 3.

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Andrew-Luck-Has-Introduced-Smaller-Footballs-Into-Throwing-Workouts/0a16d610-00d5-49a7-b8b8-0214709d8e29

To be clear,  Reich is not apologizing for some mistake.    He's only recognizing that the comment needed to be more precise,  more accurate,  otherwise it could be viewed as inaccurate.

For whatever it's worth,  Ballard is interviewed by Caroline Cann...   and he talks about the new smaller footballs being viewed for throwing motion and tempo.     And that earlier in the process Luck was using much heavier footballs to gain strength.     Says Luck is right where he's supposed to be.    He made it sound like he has Luck's daily schedule and knows what he's doing every day.

Watch the actual clip man and you will see what I'm talking about. Reading an article and actually hearing the person say it comes across way different. And idk how to make it faster DD I watched it on my phone off the colts app but it should be online on the colts website too. I have no idea which would be faster tho.

5 minutes ago, neug3246 said:

It isn't the clip.

It's the PRINTED story.    The Reich comment literally makes reference to a comment in the morning...   and he's UPDATING and CLARIFYING in the afternoon.     That's Reich admitting that.

I'm cutting and pasting the quote from you and putting what is needed into bold...

"He’s gotten to the point where he is actually throwing smaller footballs,” Reich said from the NFL’s annual meetings in Orlando. “You know, I did actually make a statement this morning about (Luck) throwing footballs; really, the clarification to that is they are kind of reduced-sized footballs to where you get the motion, but you feel like it’s a little bit of a football action. So we’re really encouraged by the steps.”