Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Alright guys, we are going to be FINE #TrustTheBinder #InBallardWeTrust

masnerj

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

It's not a trend you want to take with a qb who's already been in 6 years.

It's not a trend any fan wants. Fans want to win, but sometimes the best way to CONTINUED success is to build from the ground up. Unfortunately that takes time. I know it is blasphemy here to suggest, but perhaps trading Luck would accelerate the process. I'm not saying I'm for that at all, but it could be something to consider. 6 years in QB years is different than a regular player. Granted, Andrew has taken a beating, but if we shore up the offensive line then he could easily play 8-10 more years. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 14.3.2018 at 8:24 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm just stressed out by this. It's gotten to the point where it's more stress than fun anymore rooting for this team. Having to rely on someone else to make decisions for the team and having no control. That's why I'm fully independent in my life, so any decisions, right or wrong I make, I can blame on myself. Even if I do blame bad decisions on Ballard, he won't even know it. The draft and FA is brutal every year and I'm tired of the wait and see, give it a chance approach. I'm tired of waiting, and I'm tired of giving chances and getting let down. It literally took the greatest QB of all time to eek out a SB for this franchise. That's the story of how poorly the Colts teams have always been. This team didn't learn from it either and Luck is already halfway through his career and back to square one. Just repeats and repeats every time. I need a break from football as it's very miserable.

Then go and root for the Packers. Or the Patriots. I am dead serious.

My friend, this franchise is still in the top 5 winningest franchise since year 2000. I can't even imagine how would you feel yourselves as a Dolphins fan. Or a Lions fan. Or a .... (put 20+ teams names here) fan.

Being a fan of any team of any major sport is a rollercoaster. Feeling frustration, urgency, being upset is not just a rare exotic experience, but actually, integral part of it. This is what makes winning soo much joy. If it was just winning all the time it wasn't that much of a fun at all. But if you have to live through years - sometimes decades - of frustration, disappointment, letdowns, and then finally you experience the joy of winning ,that's something. That's worth it. We can't even imagne the level of excitement and joy of those life long Philly fans, who, after 50+ years of ups and dowsn - mostly downs -, finally experienced winning it all. It must have been mind blowing experience.

Anyway, frustration is frustration, it is what it is, and it must be expressed to avoid heart attack :D So I understand how you feel, and why you wrote this. But allow me to help you a bit: Let me remind you first, that the Colts have a new GM, how did pretty well in his 1st year, and just starting his 2nd year with clear vision. And they have a brand new coaching staft led by a new HC, who's been acquired from the defending superbowl champion, and who is dedicated to bring in all those fancy, trendy new stuff for the offense - RPO, read option, some spread - which we wanted soo much to be implemented here for our team. And there will be a very interesting schematic change in the defense too. So there are a lot to be excited about, even if we are not contenders yet.

And, let me remind you, that - altough this team has a long way to go - the difference being bad and being good in the NFL is less than most people think. Andrew Norwell is now a wanted-by-everyone saviour of bad offensive lines, but one year ago he was just a "good young piece". The Colts have plenty such "good young pieces". Demarcus Lawrence is a top 4-3 DE now. But in hist first 3 years, he did less than Henry Anderson did. You get the point, right? The Colts have their talent already. The key is good coaching. If they can COACH these young guys, many people will be surprised how many good players we'll have very soon. If they can't, then we can bring in all of those top free agents, they will fail.

So focus on what's important. Ballard, Reich and their staff. Let them find the players they want - don't care about names - and let them COACH them up. That's what winnings teams do. The Patriots, the Packers, the Seahawks. Even Denver. It wasn't Talib who won them their superbowl, but a sh*tload of in-house talents, who they found and developed. Started with Von Miller, but he was just the start, there were Chris Harris, Bradley Roby, Derek Wolfe, Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan, Julius Thomas, Eric Decker, Demaryus Thomas, and so on and so on. (Some of they weren't with the 2015 team, but you get the point). Same is true for the Packers, Seahawks, Patriots, Steelers. And the last decades Colts.

So, don't stress it too much. We finally have a good GM, a (hopefully) good HC. Just enjoy the ride. It's not the end of the word if the Colts won't get to the playoffs in 2018. (Altough if Luck will be healthy, I am positive they will in the competition, no matter what.) 

33 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

Then go and root for the Packers. Or the Patriots. I am dead serious.

My friend, this franchise is still in the top 5 winningest franchise since year 2000. I can't even imagine how would you feel yourselves as a Dolphins fan. Or a Lions fan. Or a .... (put 20+ teams names here) fan.

Being a fan of any team of any major sport is a rollercoaster. Feeling frustration, urgency, being upset is not just a rare exotic experience, but actually, integral part of it. This is what makes winning soo much joy. If it was just winning all the time it wasn't that much of a fun at all. But if you have to live through years - sometimes decades - of frustration, disappointment, letdowns, and then finally you experience the joy of winning ,that's something. That's worth it. We can't even imagne the level of excitement and joy of those life long Philly fans, who, after 50+ years of ups and dowsn - mostly downs -, finally experienced winning it all. It must have been mind blowing experience.

Anyway, frustration is frustration, it is what it is, and it must be expressed to avoid heart attack :D So I understand how you feel, and why you wrote this. But allow me to help you a bit: Let me remind you first, that the Colts have a new GM, how did pretty well in his 1st year, and just starting his 2nd year with clear vision. And they have a brand new coaching staft led by a new HC, who's been acquired from the defending superbowl champion, and who is dedicated to bring in all those fancy, trendy new stuff for the offense - RPO, read option, some spread - which we wanted soo much to be implemented here for our team. And there will be a very interesting schematic change in the defense too. So there are a lot to be excited about, even if we are not contenders yet.

And, let me remind you, that - altough this team has a long way to go - the difference being bad and being good in the NFL is less than most people think. Andrew Norwell is now a wanted-by-everyone saviour of bad offensive lines, but one year ago he was just a "good young piece". The Colts have plenty such "good young pieces". Demarcus Lawrence is a top 4-3 DE now. But in hist first 3 years, he did less than Henry Anderson did. You get the point, right? The Colts have their talent already. The key is good coaching. If they can COACH these young guys, many people will be surprised how many good players we'll have very soon. If they can't, then we can bring in all of those top free agents, they will fail.

So focus on what's important. Ballard, Reich and their staff. Let them find the players they want - don't care about names - and let them COACH them up. That's what winnings teams do. The Patriots, the Packers, the Seahawks. Even Denver. It wasn't Talib who won them their superbowl, but a sh*tload of in-house talents, who they found and developed. Started with Von Miller, but he was just the start, there were Chris Harris, Bradley Roby, Derek Wolfe, Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan, Julius Thomas, Eric Decker, Demaryus Thomas, and so on and so on. (Some of they weren't with the 2015 team, but you get the point). Same is true for the Packers, Seahawks, Patriots, Steelers. And the last decades Colts.

So, don't stress it too much. We finally have a good GM, a (hopefully) good HC. Just enjoy the ride. It's not the end of the word if the Colts won't get to the playoffs in 2018. (Altough if Luck will be healthy, I am positive they will in the competition, no matter what.) 

Well said! Well said!