Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Randy Moss

Coffeedrinker

An incentive-laden contract might not save you very much money on this year's cap.

If Manning is back and can throw at a high level, I'd take a flier on Moss on a reasonable contract. But if Luck is the day one starter, no thanks. I don't want a player who can be cancerous infecting a young quarterback, and I don't want my rookie quarterback feeling like he can just throw the ball up to one of the most explosive receivers in NFL history (and if Moss isn't explosive anymore, than there's no reason to have him on your team). I think Reggie Wayne is the perfect receiver for a young quarterback, because his technical skill.

An incentive-laden contract might not save you very much money on this year's cap.

If Manning is back and can throw at a high level, I'd take a flier on Moss on a reasonable contract. But if Luck is the day one starter, no thanks. I don't want a player who can be cancerous infecting a young quarterback, and I don't want my rookie quarterback feeling like he can just throw the ball up to one of the most explosive receivers in NFL history (and if Moss isn't explosive anymore, than there's no reason to have him on your team). I think Reggie Wayne is the perfect receiver for a young quarterback, because his technical skill.

Makes sense.

Do you think sitting out a year may have humbled Moss where he would not be such a "cancer" in the locker room?

And I do agree, I'd much rather have Wayne than Moss.

Makes sense.

Do you think sitting out a year may have humbled Moss where he would not be such a "cancer" in the locker room?

And I do agree, I'd much rather have Wayne than Moss.

A leopard doesn't change his spots. Moss is who he is. Might be okay for a while, as long as he's getting the ball. But do you want to center your offense around 35 year old receiver?

I'm not as down on him as most people are, but I don't think he's the right fit for a team in a state of transition like the Colts will likely be. If we bring back Manning and want to take another stab at a title with him, then you can bring Moss in and let him play his normal role. But not if we're going with Luck.

A leopard doesn't change his spots. Moss is who he is. Might be okay for a while, as long as he's getting the ball. But do you want to center your offense around 35 year old receiver?

No, but I don't think the offense would be centered around Moss if he is brought in.
I'm not as down on him as most people are, but I don't think he's the right fit for a team in a state of transition like the Colts will likely be. If we bring back Manning and want to take another stab at a title with him, then you can bring Moss in and let him play his normal role. But not if we're going with Luck.

I'm not saying I'd think it would be a good idea or a bad idea. Just something that I thought was interesting to ponder.

I will say, that with Moss he usually does really well with a team his first year. And I think he would make more sense with Luck than with Manning. Manning is going to throw the ball to the open receiver. A new QB is going to need an outlet and Moss could provide a nice reliable outlet for a new QB. But overall, I don't like the idea of taking a chance on a player who was out of football for a year for non injury reasons.

No, but I don't think the offense would be centered around Moss if he is brought in.

If the offense isn't centered around him, then why add him? His value is in throwing him the ball a bunch of times and letting him make big plays. And if he's not, then he's not a happy camper.

I'm not saying I'd think it would be a good idea or a bad idea. Just something that I thought was interesting to ponder.

I will say, that with Moss he usually does really well with a team his first year. And I think he would make more sense with Luck than with Manning. Manning is going to throw the ball to the open receiver. A new QB is going to need an outlet and Moss could provide a nice reliable outlet for a new QB. But overall, I don't like the idea of taking a chance on a player who was out of football for a year for non injury reasons.

He'd have some big plays, I'm sure, but having a rookie quarterback throw to a guy like Moss doesn't really help him adjust to the NFL. I'd like to have a quarterback read defenses and make good decisions, not just throw to the freak of nature who can outjump double coverage. I like Moss on the field, when he's trying. But I don't see him as a good fit with a rookie quarterback.

If the offense isn't centered around him, then why add him? His value is in throwing him the ball a bunch of times and letting him make big plays. And if he's not, then he's not a happy camper.

He'd have some big plays, I'm sure, but having a rookie quarterback throw to a guy like Moss doesn't really help him adjust to the NFL. I'd like to have a quarterback read defenses and make good decisions, not just throw to the freak of nature who can outjump double coverage. I like Moss on the field, when he's trying. But I don't see him as a good fit with a rookie quarterback.

We may have different thoughts on the meaning of "centered around". I think Harrison was the primary receiver and a great outlet for Manning in his early years but I never thought the O was centered around Harrison.

Like I said it's not something I would do if I ran the Colts just wanted to try and start a discussion but it appears just me and thee are interested in discussing it.

If Manning comes back, I believe he can keep Randy Moss in check. Moss played well with Brady and even at 35, Moss is probably good for 1000 yards 8TDs with Manning at the helm. If we are moving on with Luck, then I'd rather pass.

I think he'd be good for about 700 and 18 with Peyton. I don't think he'd get us down the field but come redzone time, with Peyton, watch out. No more checking out trying to get silly with Addai. Back corner, go get it Randy.