Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For Many Of Us, It's Not 'change' That We Object To...

rccoltsfan

I agree with the sentiment, but since its not yet "done", lets not jump to conclusions about "how it was".

Both players have gushed over manning, so i'm not reading into their statements (anymore).

That said, if Manning is 100% and not a colt, then we always knew it was about money and that is just wrong.

Although I agree that Peyton should redo his contract, I believe that Irsay and Peyton both need to bend on this. By Irsay saying that he would love Peyton to retire a Colt, he's leaving a very vague scenario. This could mean that he would offer Peyton very little gauranteed money and he would still look good because he would simply say that Peyton didn't like the contract and chose to leave. This wouldn't be right either. If healthy and throwing well, Peyton still deserves a starting QB salary. Maybe not the Huge deal but respectable none the less. Both sides need to realize the others needs and work together. Peyton shouldn't need to get rich from "this" contract and Irsay needs to realize that he's not signing a backup or a delivery boy either.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I agree that Peyton should redo his contract, I believe that Irsay and Peyton both need to bend on this. By Irsay saying that he would love Peyton to retire a Colt, he's leaving a very vague scenario. This could mean that he would offer Peyton very little gauranteed money and he would still look good because he would simply say that Peyton didn't like the contract and chose to leave. This wouldn't be right either. If healthy and throwing well, Peyton still deserves a starting QB salary. Maybe not the Huge deal but respectable none the less. Both sides need to realize the others needs and work together. Peyton shouldn't need to get rich from "this" contract and Irsay needs to realize that he's not signing a backup or a delivery boy either.

Considering the Colts paid PM $26.4MM last season, if the restructured contract provided PM with zero salary for 2012, the average payment over 2 years is an average annual compensation of $13.2MM, and is a perfectly respectable starting elite QB salary.

Tom Brady;s last season average annual compensation of $15.7MM

Drew Brees' last season average annual compensation of $10MM

Considering the Colts paid PM $26.4MM last season, if the restructured contract provided PM with zero salary for 2012, the average payment over 2 years is an average annual compensation of $13.2MM, and is a perfectly respectable starting elite QB salary.

Tom Brady;s last season average annual compensation of $15.7MM

Drew Brees' last season average annual compensation of $10MM

Pretty sure the players union nor he agent would allow that to happen..

So if you led your company in sales and your company was one of the top 8 for 11 years, but the one year you are sick, your company declares bankruptcy.

When you come back you're making nothing?

Would you agree to that?

If I led my company in sales, and was one of the top 8 for 11 years, but one year I was sick, my company suffered financial loss, yet paid me a huge salary and bonus, such that together they represented the compensation of a top salesman for 2 years work while I did nothing, and now my company needs me back, I think I would forego my salary for one year to continue working.

If I led my company in sales, and was one of the top 8 for 11 years, but one year I was sick, my company suffered financial loss, yet paid me a huge salary and bonus, such that together they represented the compensation of a top salesman for 2 years work while I did nothing, and now my company needs me back, I think I would forego my salary for one year to continue working.

..wow..we agree.......and I'm hoping that Manning agrees......I think he will..