Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck Is Overrated

Interestingly, in my extensive watching of the combine coverage, it seems to me that RG3 is the QB being most hyped at this point. It seems like a case of everybody has just simply anointed Luck as being the # 1 QB prospect without question and all the hype has moved on to RG3 and the others.

As for Luck, he's been recognized as the number 1 QB prospect for two years, now. He is touted as being football smart and a QB conductor in the mold of Peyton Manning. The thing I found most striking about the combine coverage is that Luck measured out athletically to be on virtual par with Cam Newton. It seems to me that this fact completely cements Luck as the better prospect than RG3. I accept that RG3 is the better "athlete", but if you accept the measurables of Luck being on par with Cam Newton, then the athletic advantage that RG3 offers becomes quite negligible in a practical on the field sense.

I still stand by the notion, though, that if Manning has less than 3 years left as an elite starter, you take Luck. If Manning can offer up more than 3 years as an elite starter, you trade the # 1 pick for a boat load in return (I still think to Cleveland for QB Colt McCoy, DT Phil Taylor, both of the Browns' 2012 1st rounders and perhaps even a 1st or 2nd rounder in 2013).

I am of the opinion that for the next 3 - 5 years, the Colts would be a much stronger team under Manning / trade pick scenario.

Interestingly, in my extensive watching of the combine coverage, it seems to me that RG3 is the QB being most hyped at this point. It seems like a case of everybody has just simply anointed Luck as being the # 1 QB prospect without question and all the hype has moved on to RG3 and the others.

As for Luck, he's been recognized as the number 1 QB prospect for two years, now. He is touted as being football smart and a QB conductor in the mold of Peyton Manning. The thing I found most striking about the combine coverage is that Luck measured out athletically to be on virtual par with Cam Newton. It seems to me that this fact completely cements Luck as the better prospect than RG3. I accept that RG3 is the better "athlete", but if you accept the measurables of Luck being on par with Cam Newton, then the athletic advantage that RG3 offers becomes quite negligible in a practical on the field sense.

I still stand by the notion, though, that if Manning has less than 3 years left as an elite starter, you take Luck. If Manning can offer up more than 3 years as an elite starter, you trade the # 1 pick for a boat load in return (I still think to Cleveland for QB Colt McCoy, DT Phil Taylor, both of the Browns' 2012 1st rounders and perhaps even a 1st or 2nd rounder in 2013).

I am of the opinion that for the next 3 - 5 years, the Colts would be a much stronger team under Manning / trade pick scenario.

If the colts did trade the pick I think they would be a very good team too with Peyton Manning. We could draft a lot of talented players this year and fill a lot of our needs. For some reason, a few people on this forum act like rookies don't contribute, which is definitely not the case.

after reading some of the comments in this thread, Andrew Luck is even more overrated than I thought. I appreciate those posts where people are being reasonable, +1's on those.

I reported all the trolling posts and people saying I should be banned and insulting me and stuff. Seems like it's the same people trolling over and over. The mods will remove your posts.

yeah, I stand by what I said. Luck is over over overrated. he hasn't played a single snap in the league and you think he is the next Jesus.

It is appropriate when starting a discussion to include the reasoning behind a statement you have made.

If I just come out and say Peyton is overated, it is bound to rile someone. However if I say he is overrated because:

and give clear concise reasons why it opens up a topic for discussion.

Merely making a statement that you know is going to get a reaction without going into why is not going to come out good.

Please remember this when creating threads.

My thought is that you started this thread just to tick people off and get a reaction, otherwise you would made more of an argument for you claims of him being overrated.

I agree with this.

there is enough lack of respect between posters on this topic right now. This does look like a thread intended only to provoke.

I'm closing it