Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Finally Found out How McDaniels Has Grown Since Denver

Defjamz26

42 minutes ago, lester said:

A 33 year old leader is not the same person as a 40 year old leader. In terms of understanding one's own self and your own influence over others, 33 years old is not a grown man. Getting there, but not a wise leader. Just not. In terms of professional careers, 33 years old is just getting started...

...yet someone gave him complete control of a billion dollar product. What happened in Denver is on Pat Bolen and and Joe Ellis. But Bolen wanted exciting, different - he wanted a wonder kid who was opposite of Mike Shannahan. He got it. The outcome was foreseeable and predictable.

None of this means Josh McDaniels is the same person he was in 2009; and the Colts organization is so much the better for it. What we are getting is a head coach who knows what he is getting himself into. Who is still young enough to craft a lengthy legacy with the team. He is still a young coach with a brilliant football mind, but who has already had his failure as a head coach. Thank GOD we aren't wasting this opportunity on any other brilliant football mind who has never been in charge of the whole team before. We tried that last time.

I hire people for a living. And Josh McDaniels to the Colts is what we call, "a good fit."

Just wanted to quote you because this is really good.

18 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Josh was a grown man when he went to Denver and he is still the same grown man, im not convinved.

Your skepticism is good and warranted.  Afterall, many head coaches have gotten a second shot and proved to equally incompetent as their first time around.

At the same time, one can't ignore the tutelage he has received under Belichick...especially when it comes to the way BB performed with his second HC opportunity.

JM deserves the full support of the Colt's fanbase.  To dismiss him at this point is simply unfair IMO.

20 hours ago, Superman said:

I find it somewhat ironic that you don't think a grown man can learn from a bad experience and adjust his approach. Is that because he's too stubborn, or is it because you're too stubborn?

19 hours ago, MightyLucks said:

Great words to live by............

5 hours ago, lester said:

A 33 year old leader is not the same person as a 40 year old leader. In terms of understanding one's own self and your own influence over others, 33 years old is not a grown man. Getting there, but not a wise leader. Just not. In terms of professional careers, 33 years old is just getting started...

...yet someone gave him complete control of a billion dollar product. What happened in Denver is on Pat Bolen and and Joe Ellis. But Bolen wanted exciting, different - he wanted a wonder kid who was opposite of Mike Shannahan. He got it. The outcome was foreseeable and predictable.

None of this means Josh McDaniels is the same person he was in 2009; and the Colts organization is so much the better for it. What we are getting is a head coach who knows what he is getting himself into. Who is still young enough to craft a lengthy legacy with the team. He is still a young coach with a brilliant football mind, but who has already had his failure as a head coach. Thank GOD we aren't wasting this opportunity on any other brilliant football mind who has never been in charge of the whole team before. We tried that last time.

I hire people for a living. And Josh McDaniels to the Colts is what we call, "a good fit."

4 hours ago, Reality Check said:

Your skepticism is good and warranted.  Afterall, many head coaches have gotten a second shot and proved to equally incompetent as their first time around.

At the same time, one can't ignore the tutelage he has received under Belichick...especially when it comes to the way BB performed with his second HC opportunity.

JM deserves the full support of the Colt's fanbase.  To dismiss him at this point is simply unfair IMO.

LOL yes i know it was a dumb post i was just looking for reasons to hate on the Mcdaniels idea, obviously people can and do change, i am trying to warm up to the idea of him being our coach as it looks like he will be. I will fully get on board when it is made official. I will admit it should be fun to see his offense with a healthy Luck, assuming Luck gets healthy.