Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Calls Manning His Hero , Talked To Christiansen Last Night

bayone

I don't buy this.

It has been documented that the Mannings and Lucks are friends and even Peyton has said he has tried to mentor Luck. Luck called Peyton for advice last year on what to do about coming out of school not Brady. Also Luck has gone to Manning's pass camp and even worked at it for several years. Luck even looks a lot like Manning when he plays so I'd say there is fairly legit chance that he is being honest that Manning was his child hood hero.

There are several reasons he might wear number 12 besides Tom Brady being his hero. Rodgers wears number 12 does that mean Tom Brady was his hero too? Also Brady himself had admited his hero growing was Joe Montana yet he wears number 12 and not 16.

Peyton never said that he tried to "mentor" luck. He said he spoke with Luck over the phone when he was deciding about returning to school for another year.

His #12 is the same # his dad wore when Oliver played for the Oilers with Archie.

Here is more bio on Andrew, pre-Stanford days. He was his HS's valedictorian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGKZiiZ5KN0

That is impressive, but most of us had to go home during the summer to work and pay for college. He never had to worry about tuition or having to eat, lol. Its alot easier for someone that has a full ride plus his family being wealthy.I had to work every night to help my parents. I worked 40 plus hours and had to go home during the summer. So, yes , for an athlete that is impressive. But, not to the students that had to scratch to get by.

Well said. Things are much easier when the school/team has plenty of tutors and private studying space for you and you don't need to worry about the ridiculous costs of tuition and textbooks

Peyton never said that he tried to "mentor" luck. He said he spoke with Luck over the phone when he was deciding about returning to school for another year.

His #12 is the same # his dad wore when Oliver played for the Oilers with Archie.

Here is more bio on Andrew, pre-Stanford days. He was his HS's valedictorian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGKZiiZ5KN0

Yes he did early this season when he was asked about Luck coming here when he was trying to clear up what his dad said. I don't have the exact quote but he said something to the effect of I've tried to be a mentor to him and help him along the way not that he needs a lot of help from me. It was played several times for about a week. It was different time from when he was talking about giving Andrew Luck advice about rather he should go back to school or not.

Then there you go thank you for proving my point that he wore number 12 for a reason other than because it was Tom Brady's number.

Yes he did early this season when he was asked about Luck coming here when he was trying to clear up what his dad said. I don't have the exact quote but he said something to the effect of I've tried to be a mentor to him and help him along the way not that he needs a lot of help from me. It was played several times for about a week. It was different time from when he was talking about giving Andrew Luck advice about rather he should go back to school or not.

Then there you go thank you for proving my point that he wore number 12 for a reason other than because it was Tom Brady's number.

I think mentors talk with their proteges more often than PM did with Luck.

I was kidding about #12 being homage to Brady.

I think mentors talk with their proteges more often than PM did with Luck.

I was kidding about #12 being homage to Brady.

Well take it up with Peyton because he's the one who said it. Again Peyton said try to be a mentor to him. I don't think Peyton ment it like he was working Luck every day trying to help make him better. I think he ment it more like I help him when I can and was really saying Luck didn't really need his help.

Either way back to he orginal point which is that I honestly believe Luck when he says Peyton Manning is his hero. There is clearly some kinda relationship there which is a good one. Luck went to Manning's passer camp several times and then was a teacher at it. Also if you watch Luck play and you had to compare him to a player in the NFL for years people have been saying that guy is Peyton. So I do think Luck was being honest when he said it. There is no reason to lie about something like that. Manning had no problem saying that after his dad retired Marino was his favorite player even though at the time Miami was a division rival of the Colts for example.

That is impressive, but most of us had to go home during the summer to work and pay for college. He never had to worry about tuition or having to eat, lol. Its alot easier for someone that has a full ride plus his family being wealthy.I had to work every night to help my parents. I worked 40 plus hours and had to go home during the summer. So, yes , for an athlete that is impressive. But, not to the students that had to scratch to get by.

True, almost none of us have that Luck.

And if the Patriots, for some odd reason, had the #1 pick, guess who would be Luck's hero, while growing up?

Hint: Guess whose number he wears?

agree with the sentiment, Politically correct to say what one should at draft time , but in this case at least he has a history with Peyton

From Luck:

• He said he didn't talk to Peyton Manning much during the 2011 season.
  • Called his extra year at Stanford very beneficial.
  • Said he is OK playing behind Manning next year if Manning stays.
  • Luck confirmed that he spoke with Colts QB coach Clyde Christensen last night.
  • Luck said he's talked to John Elway some over the years.
  • Luck said he is also familiar with the legacy of 'Captain Comeback,' the nickname given to his former coach at Stanford who was also once a quarterback for the Colts, Jim Harbaugh.

Matt Grecco

@mgrex03

Luck: I modeled myself after Manning. He was my football hero.

Matt Grecco @mgrex03

Luck: Talked to Christiansen last night with Colts.

3 hrs ago as of this posting

https://twitter.com/#%21/mgrex03

he prob told luck to demand for a trade just like he did back in 84. Elway is not a good QB to talk to about being drafted by a team.

Andrew 'The Architect of Touchdowns' Luck......

What'd'ya think?

Us Architects like to make a goofy play on the abbreviation "arch", so you'll often see firms called something like Arch-Connect of whatever...

So how about Arch-U.B. (read Our QB)

BTW, if Luck ends up here, and needs something to do in the offseason, I could always use an intern... :)