Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

London Games 2018 Announced

DaveA1102

17 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

That is a very valid point Chad. Games are on so early across the pond that I often don't watch them states side on TV back home because I'm so programmed for games at noon, 3:30 PM, & 7:30 PM that I refuse to watch games on Sunday early in the morning. It sounds selfish I know, but it's where I'm at. 

Plus, NFL trips there are so short. Jump on a plane, ride a bus to the stadium, go home. Very little time to get to know UK & European fans. Sometimes, there's a meet & greet setting abroad but it's rare. If I remember to DVR the overseas game on NFL Network, I like watching them later on. But, I usually forget to set my DVR timer. 

I do find some international announcers very entertaining though. They're very enthusiastic when it comes to futbol goals I mean touchdowns. 

Just to clear, football fans from other countries rock. And I like hearing God save the Queen anthems as well as different flags & accents. I just don't like altering my viewing schedule sorry. 

Not only that it's hard for me to stay awake if I am interested in all 4 games starting early Sunday morning till late Sunday night. I would have to have a nap in there somewhere. :sleepy:

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 4:31 AM, southwest1 said:

That is a very valid point Chad. Games are on so early across the pond that I often don't watch them states side on TV back home because I'm so programmed for games at noon, 3:30 PM, & 7:30 PM that I refuse to watch games on Sunday early in the morning. It sounds selfish I know, but it's where I'm at. 

Plus, NFL trips there are so short. Jump on a plane, ride a bus to the stadium, go home. Very little time to get to know UK & European fans. Sometimes, there's a meet & greet setting abroad but it's rare. If I remember to DVR the overseas game on NFL Network, I like watching them later on. But, I usually forget to set my DVR timer. 

I do find some international announcers very entertaining though. They're very enthusiastic when it comes to futbol goals I mean touchdowns. 

Just to clear, football fans from other countries rock. And I like hearing God save the Queen anthems as well as different flags & accents. I just don't like altering my viewing schedule sorry. 

"You americans talk & you talk & you say Let me tell you something. Well you're dead now so shut up." Monty Python's "Meaning Of Life". I love that line because we Americans are so darn spoiled. LOL! 

They have not released the full times yet but they have confirmed that Raiders v Seahawks will be at 6pm UK time, putting the game in line with the majority of the other fixtures for that day.

They seem to be moving towards doing this for the games as it is one of the negative feedback points they have had from the US. 

3 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

They have not released the full times yet but they have confirmed that Raiders v Seahawks will be at 6pm UK time, putting the game in line with the majority of the other fixtures for that day.

They seem to be moving towards doing this for the games as it is one of the negative feedback points they have had from the US. 

Thanks for the update DA1102. Appreciate it. :hat: