Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lucks current Injury: Caused by Indy

On 11/5/2017 at 7:50 AM, Nadine said:

I'm not sure how to categorize this thread as different from the others that blame someone who, in hind sight, clearly should have known better.

As I read the article, the 'news' is that now the 'belief' is that the current problems arose from the decision to play through

I don't think it's news that things have not gone as expected and in retrospect, perhaps things should have been done differently. 

So, the quest continues. Whose fault is this? How do we lay blame clearly on someone for this?

I highly doubt that Andrew would make decisions about his own health that were clearly wrong.  He's not a stupid guy.

When you discuss the possibility of surgery, nobody gives you any guarantees of any sort.  You have to do the best you can to weigh your odds.

I really don't believe that medical professionals would compromise their professional ethics or front office staff would roll the dice on the future of a franchise quarterback.

I know some players choose to play through injuries and suffer terrible consequences.  But, Andrew Luck is not a guy fighting for his place in the NFL. So, the narrative that all this was done to him when it was clear that it was the wrong decision just does not make sense, no matter how I look at it.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying. Luck isn't stupid, but he's a player - meaning that if given a choice, most  players are going to choose to play. The team has a responsibility to do what's best for him and the team, regardless. I realize it's all in hindsight - but the team let him play through the injury, which now has effected the entire shoulder. Presumably, they wouldn't have let him play if they realized this would happen...but they did. And at the end of the day, results have to matter. It's been mismanaged. 

It's a little speculation on my part, but I believe the reason Irsay is "furious" at the medical staff is because he was told that playing through the injury wouldn't make things worse...but it did. And here we are - I'd be furious too if I was in his place. 

17 minutes ago, Somewhere ovr the Waynebow said:

Players always want to play. Colts have to do what's right for him and the team. That's their responsibility. 

they took a risk for sure

no one really knew what was going to happen, plus the coach and GM were fighting for their jobs.

28 minutes ago, Somewhere ovr the Waynebow said:

This isn't finger pointing, it's accountability. Colts allowed Luck to play through the injury, and as a result it's messed up his entire shoulder, not just the labrum. 

Let's assume your alleged statement is true. Now what? Now you (we) have someone to blame, what do you want done? Somebody fired? Disciplined? Shot, hung or given the box set of Glee to watch in one sitting?

The truth on this, to me, a mere fan, is pretty irrelevant to what I want - the Colts be contenders again. If you are worried the Colts org, whoever is to blame within, might do the same thing with another key player,....well, that's probably a real stretch. Maybe you need an excuse for failure, and I'm pretty sure if the Colts org did make a mistake, they will have learned from it (the hard way).